Motion sickness patch for rides

Llama mama

DIS Veteran
We usually use Dramamine but lately not cutting it . Has anyone had success with the patch ? Does it make you drowsy or nauseous using the patch?

The patch permanently ruined my eye sight. Most people I talked to don’t experience that side effect but if I would’ve known it would ruin my eyes, I wouldn’t have used the patch. It actually worked awesome for motion sickness though. I was really loving the patch until my eyes didn’t go back to normal.

The patch permanently ruined my eye sight. Most people I talked to don’t experience that side effect but if I would’ve known it would ruin my eyes, I wouldn’t have used the patch. It actually worked awesome for motion sickness though. I was really loving the patch until my eyes didn’t go back to normal.
Oh no
I am sorry to hear that. May I ask what it did to your eyesight?

We usually use Dramamine but lately not cutting it . Has anyone had success with the patch ? Does it make you drowsy or nauseous using the patch?
the patch does not help me any more than Dramamine. yes it made me nauseous but that is one of my normal reactions to some rides

Oh no
I am sorry to hear that. May I ask what it did to your eyesight?
It felt like my pupils were dilated at first. Dilated pupils is actually listed as a side effected. Then I couldn’t focus on the small print of the Disney restaurant receipts to see how much to add for tip. Had to make my husband put the tip at the restaurants. My eyes never went back to normal. I read that can happen if the medicine from the patch gets in contact with your eyes but I followed the instructions carefully and washed my hands thoroughly.

It felt like my pupils were dilated at first. Dilated pupils is actually listed as a side effected. Then I couldn’t focus on the small print of the Disney restaurant receipts to see how much to add for tip. Had to make my husband put the tip at the restaurants. My eyes never went back to normal. I read that can happen if the medicine from the patch gets in contact with your eyes but I followed the instructions carefully and washed my hands thoroughly.
Again I am so sorry. That is awful. I think we will stay with Dramamine

Maybe try Bonine? I take it the night before and find it to be better than Dramamine for me.

I had visual issues with the patch as well. But mine returned to normal.

I use Sea Bands.

I always use the patch, even just for flights. I know people that have issues with it. My dd will wear it for specific days and take it off because of cotton mouth. I am lucky, I have no issues with it, it's a lifesaver for me.

I wore the patches for the first time during my adoption trip overseas 16 years ago. I didn’t know anything about the eye dilations, and after wearing them for 24 hours I couldn’t see hardly at all when I arrived at my destination. It took 3 days to get back to normal, but they did return to normal. What I learned since that trip was to put them on in the bathroom where you can dispose of them immediately and then wash your hands well so there is no residue on your fingers. Anytime I accidentally touched them, which wasn’t often given they were behind my ear, I would wash my hands immediately. The main thing is not to touch your eyes if you have anything on your hands. I have worn them multiple times since then and had no issues with my eyes. I even wore them on a Disney Alaskan Cruise and had no issues as long as I was careful. I do limit now how long I wear them, though.

The eye issue is the only reason I'm looking for alternatives. They worked SO well on my motion sickness but the vision issues have become too much of a problem.

I know that I am going to experience motion sickness on several of Disney rides and Universal rides, what is the best Motion Sickness Patch to use?

The only one I’ve heard of is scopolamine and it’s a prescription.
It’s wonderful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter