motion sickness on auto train?

sumfun

Mouseketeer
we will be on the auto train in 2 weeks with our 4 children the 2 youngest do tend to get "car sick" on long trips. none of us have ever been on a train before. is there a lot of motion ? should we give the kids dramamine before boarding? any insight would be appreciated. thank you in advance for your replies.

Exactly one year ago we took the Autotrain round trip. It was our last Autotrain ride because of so much motion. Until I hear reports from friends that the train doesn't rock side to side so much anymore, I might consider taking it again. It went side to side so much that we all commented that the train felt like it would jump the tracks. I don't usually have motion sickness, so I cannot say what to do for your children, but be aware that it does rock side to side.

Can someone tell me if dramamine is an over the counter medicine and where in the store you usually find it? We are taking the autotrain back home on 9/2 and its actually my husband I am worried about lol. This is a guy who gets sick on the tea cups.

Last year when we went my 2 yo threw up the whole drive back to jersey and we ended up in the ER with her. We bought and tv/vcr for the car and the times we used it she got sick ( do you see a pattern here lol)

thanks for the quick response. dramamine is over the counter and can usually be found in the same aisle as aspirin antacids etc. target , rite aid, even pathmark carry it . fyi they even make a non drowsy formula.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter