Mother of 3 looking for the perfect bag!

nicdanh

DIS Veteran
I have 3 little children 6, 2, & 1. Ever time we travel to Disney I end up hating the bag that I bring to the parks. The bag is usually too big or it a back pack style and the stuff gets lost on the bottom. I can't seem to find the perfect bag. I need something that will hold some diapers, change of clothes for the kids, sunscreen, Wipes, and snacks. I am sure there will be a few other things I will need to stick in there as well. I will have a cooler bag that will probably hold some snacks.

Thanks!

I don't know if this will help but we recently bought a new backpack carrier at REI for DD that came with a detachable backpack. The pack is a regular backpack but has a front pouch that has bottle holders. It is designd to hold 2 but can really hold 3 (if you don't use the ties). I just throw everytihng else into the main compartment. Sweaters go at the bottom and diapers and wipes at the top. In the front puch I also toss in DD bitter Buscuits and a small bottle of sunscreen. I also have Purel clipped to the zipper pull. This bag has replaced out regular diaper bag as it works really well.

If you are looking for something with compartments (or various access points) ahve you looked at hiking day packs? I know that my backpacking pack has multiple compartments and access points. So maybe a day pack of a simialr style (and smaller size) might suit you needs. HTH.

I just got a backpack from the Eddie Bauer outlet up the street for our WDW trip next week! It is very spacious and comfortable at the same time!!!!! I am a gal who likes to be prepared, so I carry everything!!!!!!! It has three compartemnts, so it's easy to organize things. I put meds in the front small pouch, snacks and toys in the middle, and potty seat, change of clothes, wipes and everything else in back and I have plenty of room left!!!!!!!!! Hope this helps!!!!!

I see you are from MA....if you have a Home Goods store near you, you might want to go check their nursery department. I was able to find a nice, medium-sized backpack there. What I liked is that is that is NOT a "sports" type backpack, but rather like a stylish "Vera Bradley" one....pretty pink floral, drawstring, etc. But the best part is that is has pockets inside! Mine has three pockets sewn into one side, then one large, zippered pocket on the other. This also leaves a large, open main compartment as well. Because the backpack was meant to be a diaper bag, the entire inside is coated with a lightweight, waterproof coating. Although I do not have little ones anymore (youngest is 11 now), and do not need a "diaper bag" per se, that waterproof lining comes in handy when carrying a water bottle or two!! I absolutely LOVE it and get many compliments.

Good luck!
Sammy

Here's what Ive done in the past. I got a large waist pack and was able to fit in my small video camera and small camera, autograph book, pen, wallet, ticket, snacks, small thing of bubbles, and some small things that I bought. If I got tired of wearing it I wore it like a purse (and did so on rides that had lap bars) or hung it from the stroller handles. I left the diapers, wipes, and jackets in our stroller basket and they never disappeared.

If you want a backpack, try the Healthy back bags. They have lots of little compartments and come in several sizes from mini to extra large. JJ Cole makes a neat bag called the Essentials bag. Its like a sash you wear across your chest. It doesnt look like much, but I got quite a bit in there when using it as a diaper bag. There are many pockets-some big enough for diapers, wipes, and change of clothes, to tiny for coins. It might not be big enough for 3 kids, but you can leave some stuff in the stroller.

This trip I will either use that bag or a mini backpack. I have a 4 yr old and a 1 yr old. The diaper supplies, ponchos and snacks will stay in the stroller and only the valuables will go with me since I will have to use a carrier for my 1 yr old.

alison

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter