Most ridiculous injury you have had in your life?

I am the queen of clumsy. I told my DH that the likelihood of me dying due to falling was high and it had better not end up in my obituary.

Many years ago, we lived in a split level. I was heading down stairs and didn’t bother turning on the light. Well, apparently, my then 6 year old son thought that the landing was a great place to leave his shoes. When I stepped onto the landing, my right foot came down on his shoe and twisted. As my left foot came down, I stepped on the freaking other shoe and I twisted it as well. I saw stars and blackness. I swear I think I passed out for a minute due to the extreme pain. It took many minutes before I CRAWLED back up the landing to the couch. As I had a new baby at home, I had to call my husband at work. Turns out I didn’t rupture my Achilles but I strained them both. The doctor said he would have given me crutches but since it was both, there was not much he could do. Lol.

Graceful will never be a word attributed to me. Lol

My husband, son and I were playing a game. When it was my turn it told me to get a broom or forfeit something. So I ran to get the broom from the kitchen. I wasn't wearing shoes, only socks on my feet. I ran fast to beat the time, slid and ran into the wall. I wound up with a torn rotator cuff.

New Years Eve 1963.
We had freezing rain all day and the streets were a sheet of ice.
The neighbor kid and I decided to do some one on one hockey in the street.
As I was going full speed toward the goal area I hit a sewer cover that had thawed because of the warm "stuff" flowing in the sewer.
When I came to my neighbor said. "That was cool. Your feet went clear up to your chin."
And as he said, my feet had gone up to my chin and the toe pick on a skate blade had laid my chin open.
I went inside, Mom fainted, Dad shoved a towel on my chin and announced, in his usual colorful language, that we were going to the ER.

Oh, Belize - Nice! I want to go there. Sorry you got the bends. I bet the diving was amazing though!
I worked with a 30 year old women and her husband at a remote location. Very nice people. They had just returned from vacation diving in Australia and I had a meeting with her on a Saturday morning. I was thinking that the tan she had acquired suited her and that she looked really good but she did have a couple dark smudges under her eyes she thought from her dive mask. After speaking briefly she said I have a horrible headache I am going home. Her husband later found her unconscious and she was Medivaced to Japan. The next day she was dead. It turned out that she went from diving to the reduced pressure on the plane and had a genetic disposition to fragile blood vessels and capillaries broke in her brain.

Don’t ever go from diving and shortly to the plan but I guess everyone knows that now.

When I was 12 years old, I was at summer camp and a llama that we used for hiking trips knocked me over and I broke my arm. 30 years later I still hate llamas.
I got run over by a llama at the petting zoo area at Brookfield Zoo in the Chicago area when I was about 12 or so. I was standing there one second and the next I was lying on the ground. It hit me from behind.

Last edited:

Probably the time I stood one of the little eyeglass screwdrivers up on its end (flat handle) on my desk. Someone said something to make me laugh and when my head went down, the screwdriver went into my forehead. Bled really badly for a while -- was one of those "please-don't-make-me-go-for-stitches" moments.

I also tried to go up a down escalator when I was a kid (my mom called me back after I got on the escalator). Ground into my knee and ripped my jeans. I still have the scar.

Walking to a pavilion at a state park to where we were attending a wedding many years ago. Stepped into what looked like a dried puddle, slipped, falling forward, catching myself with my hands, heard and felt a pop as I fractured one elbow. It was only a hairline fracture but I lost much of range of motion for months. DH still picks on me about finding the one puddle in the entire park to slip on.

I was working at a raptor rehab place when I heard a huge commotion in one of the bald eagle mews. The eagle had somehow managed to loosen a bungie cord and the hook part had pierced its wing. I got my boss, and we went in to help it out. The ridiculous part was I didn't grab gloves (duh). Eagle mangled my finger a bit (and to be honest, I don't even remember how--their talons and their beaks are both reasons to wear some gloves). For years I had a scar, but it's faded away. The eagle was okay, but we had to sedate it until the vet could get to us.

A few years ago, I broke my toe on the leg of my bed (darn how those things always seem to move and get in the way). The doctor told me that it was a crooked break and either do nothing which will cause arthritis later or have surgery. I elected to do nothing. A few days later, I tripped on a sidewalk crack, went face down. I went back to my doctor who took xrays again. He told me good job, I straightened out the break LOL. But, he put me in a boot.

At a leadership retreat, we were doing a group activity where we had to jump in and out of an active jump rope.

Upon exiting it, I fell on the gravel and scraped up the palm of my right hand very badly.

I define this as "ridiculous" because I could have avoided this accident if I'd just gone with my gut and refused to do the activity. However, I was too worried about the other members of my group thinking negatively of me (that I wasn't a "team player").

Here's another one sprained my ankle this morning by trying not to step on my cat he got under my foot I ended up stepping on him any way and sprained my ankle in the process

Last edited:
Here's another one sprained my ankle this morning by trying not to step on my cat he got under my foot I ended up stepping on him and rolling my ankle in the process

Ooohhh...that has got to be painful. I had a similar pet-related injury -- puppy had gotten into a bottle of Armor-All and got it on his paws, and all over our wooden stairs leading outside from our apartment. I slipped on the Armor-All in my stocking feet and sprained my ankle -- it was horrible and took a lot longer to heal than I expected.

About 7th grade at Andy Williams San Diego Open- had flip flops on. Was getting Jack Nicklaus autograph- he stepped on my foot in golf shoes. Had spike marks and had to get a tetanus shot.

Today it’s a torn Achilles’ tendon that I have no clue how I injured.

I knocked a lamp on my foot when trying to latch a window and the finial on top impaled me between my two littlest toes. That's a very hard area to bandage effectively.

I sliced my pinky finger from one end to the other on the lid of a can (like the kind you use a can opener on). My mom always told me to be careful with them because they were sharp and I poo pooed her. She was right. That resulted in a trip to the ER and stitches from some guy named Dr. Payne which was funny because they hurt like crap.

Ooohhh...that has got to be painful. I had a similar pet-related injury -- puppy had gotten into a bottle of Armor-All and got it on his paws, and all over our wooden stairs leading outside from our apartment. I slipped on the Armor-All in my stocking feet and sprained my ankle -- it was horrible and took a lot longer to heal than I expected.
It's very ouchy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter