most expensive 1 DDP credit meals

Status
Not open for further replies.

wishicouldgomoreofte

Mouseketeer
I often see people say they "make sure to get their money's worth", and other things not only implying, but also outright stating they look for the most expensive items on the menu.
So.......what have you all figured out are the most expensive meals available for 1 DDP credit?
Secondly, different question, what have you decided was the best use of 1 DDP credit after having dined in several places?
Only 1 credi recommendations please.:teacher:
Thanks.

I second WPE. Amazing food and such a great deal!!! Our 2 favorite meals were the Rosemary Chicken and the BBQ Beef Fociccia Melt. Our very favorite CS, we ate there several times our last trip and would have more if it was closer to the parks.

I also really love the ribs and chicken platter at Cosmic Rays, a good deal and pretty yummy.

I second WPE. Amazing food and such a great deal!!! Our 2 favorite meals were the Rosemary Chicken and the BBQ Beef Fociccia Melt. Our very favorite CS, we ate there several times our last trip and would have more if it was closer to the parks.

I also really love the ribs and chicken platter at Cosmic Rays, a good deal and pretty yummy.

Thanks. I was actually wanting to know about table service though.
For instance, everyone wants Le Cellier, the Le Cellier mushroom filet.
People seem to want Chefs de France----what is good there and why?
Where else, 1 DDP TS credit, would you recommend and why?
1) What is the biggest bang for your DDP buck?
2) What is the best, though less expensive, choice?

I think Le Cellier is probably the best "deal." We ate there last week though and it was just ok. The service was sub par and the meal was mediocre. We did the DDP because we were traveling with my parents and sister and brother in law who got free dining (we own DVC). I swear I will never do the DDP again though. I ate way too much in a effort to get my money's worth and ended up getting sick one night. It's just way too much food for us and, therefore, not worth it in the long run.

I love that we do not have to look for the least expensive meals when we use the dinning plan, LOL.

My Theory is the best meal is not always the most expensive, I am going to be overfull either way.

Therefore, I do a variety of meals for Atmosphere and taste.

Next trip

Le Cellar, love the steak and Atmosphere
Bomas, nice variety of different foods that I do not get at home
O'Hana, because my Daughter said it was SOOO GOOD.
Chef De France, only if the Rat is present.
Tutia iTalia (SP??), because my daughter said it was SOOO GOOOD
Prime Time, Because it is fun and the food is good
Beaches and Cream, My 28 yr son is going to try to get the Kitchen Sink as a meal. ( he could eat that much ice cream with no problem)
Wolf Gang puck, Its not in the parks and the food was very good several years ago.

Crystal Palace, My infant grandsons want to go. They will both be under 1, so the charactors should give ME and our table some attention now that we have small children again.

Table Services

Flame tree, Wonderful atmosphere, ribs are great, ect
Pepper Market, Atmosphere and food
Wolf gang puck counter, good food and location
Sunshine place at Epcot, Great choices
Yak and Yati, animal Kingdom counter, Daughter said it was SOOOO GOOD.

Snacks

Goofys
Goofys
Goofys
Goofys
Goofys
Goffys
Goffys
Goofys
Goofys
Goofys
Goofys
Goofys
Goffys
Goffys

Goofys
Goofys
Goofys
Goofys
Goofys
Goffys
Goffys

Goofys
Goofys
Goofys
Goofys
Goofys
Goffys
Goffys

Goofys
Goofys
Goofys
Goofys
Goofys
Goffys
Goffys

I can hardly wait

Tuto Italia is the most expensive 1 credit meal, but it's not good, IMHO. We've eaten there 2x in order to give it a second chance, and it's grossly overrated in all areas.

We have done regular and Deluxe Dining Plans many times, and have eaten pretty much everywhere, so if people do only try and maximize by most expensive, they will more than likely be disappointed.

We do agree that Wolfgang Puck is good (great steak and desserts), as is Kona Cafe (very good steak and most other items) and Marrakesh (this is comfort food for me, so I like it all, but it's not really fancy or anything). We have consistently good meals at all of them, and they aren't the most expensive meals either.

Happy eating, Tiger :)

Princess Storybook Dining at EPCOT. It includes a picture package with the meal. If you have kids who love the princesses and don't want to use 2TS credits at CRT, this is a great deal at 1TS. The food wasn't bad either.

Le Cellier and Tutto Italia are very expensive and iMHO both has very good food. Coral Reef is quite expensive for what you get.

For Me and DW the mushroom fillet at LeCellier. 2nd NY strip @ Coral Reef or Steak at Kona

Last time I really checked, it was Tutto Italia for dinner, easily, at least on DxDP because of the expensive appetizers

Going from the AllEars.net current menus, and ordering the most expensive item from each category:

Appetizer (DxDP only): Prosciutto di Parma $16.00
Entree: Tagliata di Manzo $36.00
Dessert: Copetta Sotto Bosco $14.00
Beverage: Iced Tea with mint and orange $4.50 (not sure if other beverages qualify)

Subtotal: $54.50 ($70.50 on DxDP)
Tax (6.5%): $3.54 ($4.58)
Total: $58.04 basic DDP, $75.08 DxDP

Princess Storybook Dining at EPCOT. It includes a picture package with the meal. If you have kids who love the princesses and don't want to use 2TS credits at CRT, this is a great deal at 1TS. The food wasn't bad either.

You are right! I think Akershus is more expensive than Tutto, plus you get the photos! Don't know how I could forget that since we sometimes go 2x each trip as DD loves it there!

Tiger :)

We really enjoyed the filet & the NY strip at Le Cellier, and both were excellent. The Princess breakfast at Akershus was great - the food was really good and DD & DS had fun meeting the princesses. Tusker House breakfast had really good food. Chef Mickey's, Sci-Fi Dine In & Coral Reef were okay.

For CS - I liked the rib & chicken platter at Cosmic Ray's, and DH & I both enjoyed our lunches at Columbia Harbour House (shrimp & chicken were great), and the clam chowder was awesome. Earl of Sandwich (DTD) had wonderful sandwiches. Cantina de San Angel was really good - both DH & I thought our platters were really good.

Some of our favorite "snacks" - frozen raspberry lemonades & frozen lemonades and Dole Whips.

Can't wait to go back! Enjoy

kinda confused....do you still have money you have to pay when you are on the dining plan? like do you pay for a bill or do they deduct a credit and you just take care of gratuity??

kinda confused....do you still have money you have to pay when you are on the dining plan? like do you pay for a bill or do they deduct a credit and you just take care of gratuity??

You will start by getting a normal bill, with the prices of everything listed. If you "pay" with credits and stick to your entitlements, then you'll get a final bill for $0.00. Anything outside of the entitlements (e.g., ordering an appetizer on basic DDP or alcoholic drinks on any plan) is left on the bill for you to pay.

You are generally expected to leave a gratuity, and common practice is to base that on the price of meal before credits or any discounts (such as annual passholder or Tables in Wonderland) are deducted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!