Morning Report - DL 4/19 Rope Drop Genie +

ironband74

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

We had a mostly successful rope drop today. Here's how it shook out:

We posted up on the rope at the middle of the hub facing the partners statue, right side. At rope drop we were not able to keep up with the crowd on the right side of the hub rushing to Fantasyland, but did our best as we got into the queue for Peter pan. We had about a 10 minute wait, which was ok all things considered. After our flight we cruised around the corner to Alice in Wonderland, about a 5 minute wait. We then went straight to Matterhorn to ride stand by (about 12 minutes or so). At this point we had picked up a Space Mountain LL (fishing had been unsuccessful).

Following Matterhorn we had a quick bio break while I filled my water bottles at Tomorrowland Terrace. We then rode Space Mountain, and pulled a Big Thunder LL after scanning in. We then rode Big Thunder and booked an Indy LL.

After the wildest ride in the wilderness, it was off to the Jungle for a Cruise...probably about 15 minute wait, and then we went to redeem Indy. Side note: I had planned on having to use the refresh trick to get a sufficiently near Indy LL, but it happened to line up naturally on its own.

So we rode Indy, pulled a Buzz Lightyear LL, and took another bio break. Then it was Buzz, and I pulled a Star Tours LL. Then we rode Star Tours and pulled a Small World Lightning Lane. Then we rode Small World and headed for our 11:30 lunch reservation at Carnation Cafe. I pulled a 12:30 Splash Mountain LL with the intent of riding after lunch, but Splash went down, gifting us with a Select Experience Lightning Lane. I booked another one, and it was still down ...so we got a second one. We decided since Splash was still down at the end of our meal that we would break early for the afternoon. I pulled a third Splash, but it appears to have since come back up, so I'll likely cancel it so I can get MFSR for 4:30.

So all in all, a successful morning:
Peter Pan
Alice
Matterhorn
Space Mountain(LL)
Big Thunder(LL)
Jungle Cruise
Indy(LL)
Buzz Lightyear(LL)
Star Tours(LL)
Small world(LL)
Lunch at Carnation Cafe during the cavalcade and Dapper Dans
And 2 unused select lightning lanes (Not good for Indy, Matterhorn, Peter Pan, Space, ROTR, WS, RSR, or TSMM)
All before 12:30pm

We have Oga's reservations at 3:50, so we'll be heading back to the park around 3 to continue our adventure. Wife and kids are taking a nap while I monitor the LL situation. Should be a fun evening - I will update later.

Last edited:
Great morning! Can't wait to hear how the rest of the day turns out :) Fingers crossed it is full of pixie dust and magic for you!

Can you tell me what time you got to security and then how many were in front at the gates? Is there a preferred gate location?
I’m just trying to work out my timings, so we will be up front at rope drop. Thank you

Can you tell me what time you got to security and then how many were in front at the gates? Is there a preferred gate location?
FWIW, I rope drop most Sundays, am always at the rope and regularly first on Peter Pan :-). I arrive at the parking structure at around 6:45 and am among the first through security. Despite this, there’s already a line at the park gates when I arrive at them at around 7:15 (guests from the various Disney hotels). However, I’m a fast walker and get to the rope near Fantasyland quickly. In my experience, the rope to the right of the hub/partners statue is the fastest path to PP. I have friends who often do the same on days that I’m not there and they’ll usually update me on how they did (place in line for PP, were there runners, etc). Hope this helps!

Incidentally, there are nearly always runners at rope drop, despite CM calls for them not to. When they’re flagrant, on occasion CMs will step in and not allow them to get in line for PP, although that’s pretty uncommon. What we always hate is when a child (or anyone, really) runs, gets to the front of the line… and then his/her group of ten hop in line with him/her. It’s like they all ran. No one minds if a kid is first and his/her parents join them. But anything more than three people feels like a cheat; as if the parents/adults encouraged the kid to run — because, you know, what kind of child-hating cynic would stop an enthusiastic youngster? — to secure first place for every one of them. I see it often enough to know that it’s common and neither sly nor original.

Last edited:
FWIW, I rope drop most Sundays, am always at the rope and regularly first on Peter Pan :-). I arrive at the parking structure at around 6:45 and am among the first through security. Despite this, there’s already a line at the park gates when I arrive at them at around 7:15 (guests from the various Disney hotels). However, I’m a fast walker and get to the rope near Fantasyland quickly. In my experience, the rope to the right of the hub/partners statue is the fastest path to PP. I have friends who often do the same on days that I’m not there and they’ll usually update me on how they did (place in line for PP, were there runners, etc). Hope this helps!

Incidentally, there are nearly always runners at rope drop, despite CM calls for them not to. When they’re flagrant, on occasion CMs will step in and not allow them to get in line for PP, although that’s pretty uncommon. What we always hate is when a child (or anyone, really) runs, gets to the front of the line… and then his/her group of ten hop in line with him/her. It’s like they all ran. No one minds if a kid is first and his/her parents join them. But anything more than three people feels like a cheat; as if the parents/adults encouraged the kid to run — because, you know, what kind of child-hating cynic would stop an enthusiastic youngster? — to secure first place for every one of them. I see it often enough to know that it’s common and neither sly nor original.
How long are usually waiting at the rope?

The afternoon went pretty well. During our break I pulled a LL for MFSR at 4:30 figuring that it would pair well with our 3:50 Cantina reservation. It did - we enjoyed the Cantina and then went to use our LL at MFSR. We then tooled around Galaxy's edge for a while before we started moving in the direction of our Dinner Reservation at River Bell Terrace, doing some shopping along the way. We waited a little longer for indoor seating, but it was worth it (the decor in there is so cute) and after we enjoyed dinner we rode Haunted Mansion on a LL I picked up at the beginning of dinner. We then decided to go to Rise, which was posting a 45 minute wait. We waited about 25 minutes to the briefing.

Riding Rise brought me to happy tears. If you followed the early days of the chart and the tracking of performance, you know I was slated to go in April 2020...and we all know what happened there. Everything was running in "A" mode and the whole thing was glorious.

After Rise, we hopped over to DCA to use the MEP I had farmed, riding Guardians and Soarin before DCA closed at 10. We then headed back to Galaxy's Edge to build a light saber with my youngest before calling it a night.

All in all a solid day.

The afternoon went pretty well. During our break I pulled a LL for MFSR at 4:30 figuring that it would pair well with our 3:50 Cantina reservation. It did - we enjoyed the Cantina and then went to use our LL at MFSR. We then tooled around Galaxy's edge for a while before we started moving in the direction of our Dinner Reservation at River Bell Terrace, doing some shopping along the way. We waited a little longer for indoor seating, but it was worth it (the decor in there is so cute) and after we enjoyed dinner we rode Haunted Mansion on a LL I picked up at the beginning of dinner. We then decided to go to Rise, which was posting a 45 minute wait. We waited about 25 minutes to the briefing.

Riding Rise brought me to happy tears. If you followed the early days of the chart and the tracking of performance, you know I was slated to go in April 2020...and we all know what happened there. Everything was running in "A" mode and the whole thing was glorious.

After Rise, we hopped over to DCA to use the MEP I had farmed, riding Guardians and Soarin before DCA closed at 10. We then headed back to Galaxy's Edge to build a light saber with my youngest before calling it a night.

All in all a solid day.
So glad you got to experience Rise and with only a 25 minute wait! I remember the charts well. Happy you’re having a great time!

I loved the rotr thread back then - was helping my sis plan a March 2020 trip that is now June 2022 :D So glad you got to go on it and it was A!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter