Morning plan for DCA

cali_crafter

Earning My Ears
We have one crazy day in DL/DCA next Saturday, two adults and three teens. This is a go full steam from open to close kind of a trip (8AM open at DCA till midnight close at DL), most of us have been on a longer trip recently but one teen has never been. They are more interested in rides than parades and shows. We have park hoppers and will get Max Pass.

Since DL is magic morning we will start at DCA. I thought we would rope drop to RSR, get FP for Soarin', try to hit TSM and then head over to DL and go back for GoG and CS in the evening. But maybe we should stay at DCA longer and get in some of those rides? Has anyone done a plan like this recently and have any ideas on ways to get all the big DCA rides in efficiently? I would like to go back to DCA sometime after dark to get back to Cars Land since it is so pretty at night.

The must rides at DCA are RSR, California Screamin, Soarin', TSM although we will also fit in whatever else between fast passes, they want to spend more time in DL.

Thank you!

If you want GOTG go in the am or at least get a fp.

Honestly I'd probably start in adventure land with Indy.

I'm not an expert since I've never used max pass and only have little kids, but I would think you can rope drop RSR, while in line get a fp for soarin, when that window is up, get fp for tsmm, when that window is up, get fp for something in DL. Then while in DL, be mindful of your fp's so you can be ready for the 3pm switchover on GOTG, for the Halloween version. Get that fp. Screamin can be fit in between any of those fps, as the wait can sometimes be fairly short. So, you have a good plan, I think!

Remember to use the Single Rider Lines at RSR, Screamin, Indy, Splash Mountain, Matterhorn when you can't get a FP.

Last two trips here's how I started in DCA:

Got MaxPass for GotG
Rode standby GotG at park opening
Rode Single Rider RSR
(other Cars Land rides)
Got MaxPass for TSM
GotG with MP
Paradise Pier: TSM with MP, Screamin (with instant MaxPass)
Got Maxpass for Soarin
(Paradise Pier ride or Single Rider Screamin)
Soarin w/ MaxPass

I think we did all of that between about 8 and 11 a.m., meaning you'd have hit all of the headliners (GotG twice) and could head for DL or ride something again.

Then my priorities in DL would be:
Get MaxPass for Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy and Haunted Mansion Holiday ASAP
Use single rider lines for Splash, Matterhorn, Indy
Re-rides on favorites

Big Thunder should be an almost-instant MaxPass MaxPass most of the day.

Keep checking the app once you are eligible for another MaxPass -- sometimes cancellations come back up and you could ride earlier than the signs at the rides (or in the main part of the app) say.

PHXscuba

I'd get GoTG FP as soon as you enter the park (I think you can grab a FP as soon as your ticket is scanned in?). Rope drop Soarin and then single rider RSR. Big 3 done. Since you're already in DCA I'd then look to CS and TSMM. If they lines for TSMM are too long, throw it on your back burner to FP later. CS is short lines, get that done so you don't run into the WOC shut-down at night. Watch for an evening FP for RSR since you have MP. If the teens want the 2nd version of GoTG MP FP at 3pm is VITAL. They are gone for the night by 3:15pm. When are you going? Will HMH be up? If so you will def want to FP HMH in DL. Crowds have been insane this year there- but FPs are available for some time, unlike GoTG, Soarin & RSR FPs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter