Morimoto Asia lunchtime dining credits

rontu78

Mouseketeer
I understood Morimoto Asia to be 2 dining credits at dinner and 1 at lunch previously. With the all-day menu they have just switched to, I believe it is now showing as 2 credits at either lunch or dinner when you make a new reservation.

When I look at my already made reservation for lunch and choose more information, it shows me the meal will cost 1 table service entitlement. Will we be "grandfathered in" for lunch with 1 table service credit as long as we don't touch that reservation or will we be charged two credits for it?

There is no such thing as grandfathered pricing. You will pay two credits.

Your confirmation also says pricing is subject to change.

I called Disney and spoke to a cast member. When she goes to make a new reservation for lunch, it is only showing Morimoto Asia as costing 1 dining plan credit still.

I called Disney and spoke to a cast member. When she goes to make a new reservation for lunch, it is only showing Morimoto Asia as costing 1 dining plan credit still.
I had planned on lunch at Morimoto for our next trip since it was only 1 credit. Any meal at Morimoto now will almost certainly be 2 credits since they went to the all-day menu. So I'd plan on 2 credits. Disney cast members will often give you bad info on the phone.

On edit, we may still eat there but I'm not using 2 credits since you don't get much value based on the prices at Morimoto. I'd just pay out of pocket.

At the restaurant, announcing "but a phone CM said" won't get you your meal for 1 credit if the contract says 2.

looking at the participating list thru Disney, it states BR and L as 1 credit and Dinner as signature

looking at the participating list thru Disney, it states BR and L as 1 credit and Dinner as signature
Yeah, but I wonder if that was before the switch to a single menu? I know that lunch was 1 credit last year, but not sure when the restaurant switched to only 1 menu. Safest thing would be to just call the restaurant I suppose.

At this point, since we still haven't been able to get a consistent answer on this, even by phone and e-mail, we have canceled the reservation and switched to Raglan Road instead. Thank you.

Just wondering did anyone call Morimoto directly? Since it is not a Disney owned and operated restaurant they have a regular number and you would get better information from the restaurant directly instead of calling Disney.

Jumping in....

Do you know what maybe excluded from them menu if you are dinning on the dinning plan? Like the sushi combo for instance...

Oh wow this thread is old - from 2017. At first I thought Morimoto had some new changes for the summer of 2018 and lunch was going to two TS.

So....lunch is still 1 TS credit right? It never went to 2? Bringing up old threads is confusing!:headache:

Jumping in....

Do you know what maybe excluded from them menu if you are dinning on the dinning plan? Like the sushi combo for instance...
The two menu sections that have sushi and sashimi platters/combos/towers are excluded from the DDP and DxDP, at least during lunch, which is when we ate.

Oh wow this thread is old - from 2017. At first I thought Morimoto had some new changes for the summer of 2018 and lunch was going to two TS.

So....lunch is still 1 TS credit right? It never went to 2? Bringing up old threads is confusing!:headache:
Ate lunch on July 11th. Still 1 credit for lunch. See exclusions above.

The two menu sections that have sushi and sashimi platters/combos/towers are excluded from the DDP and DxDP, at least during lunch, which is when we ate.
Thanks! I figured some stuff had to not be available on the plan. I wish Disney was a little better at showing some of this stuff.

Ate lunch on July 11th. Still 1 credit for lunch. See exclusions above.

We were able to order CA rolls for our appetizer on the DxDP in April. Just wanted to clarify whether you are referring to a different part of the menu or whether that is a recent change.

The individual rolls ( about $12) are in a different part of the menu. The combos/towers/platters ($45-$100) were in the bottom part of the first page and were excluded. HTH!

I had some issues with making a reservations at this restaurant because my niece is a sushi roll feen. Wish it was part of the DDP.

My nieces who’s 9 can order sushi and have it be part of the dining plan that’s one credit?

Now it makes a little more sense. It looks like you are on the regular DDP which does NOT include an app and children must order from the kid's menu. So, no, she cannot get sushi with her credit. If you were on the Deluxe plan, she might be able to do so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter