*More* Vegan and Vegetarian Dining Reviews! (May 9 - May 17) With lots of pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What soups at Boma are vegetarian? I thought most contained chicken stock?

There was only one that was vegetarian (sorry - NOT vegan:sad2:). I can't remember if it was carrot/ginger or butternut squash. It was cream based not chicken stock based.

Ok thank you sooo much for posting this review! Our family is veggie and I look through the reviews all the time hoping to see food we can eat. Good job!!

We have eaten at the Rainforest Cafe exactly ONE time - awful awful, as you said. Never again.

I'm so impressed with the 'Ohana meal! We always go there for dinner, but barely touch the meat dishes. We really like the sides and the dessert!:goodvibes Our servers always think we're nuts!!! Now I want to ask for a tofu dinner instead!:rotfl: But then, you didn't have room for dessert, and the 'Ohana dessert is one of the few that I love.

Thanks for finishing up the report! Your photos and descriptions are so clear. And I really appreciate your reviews, since it's so hard to find healthy, good choices in the dining reviews!;)

awesome report!! I had no idea you could get all of those tofu dishes at 'Ohana!:thumbsup2

Where did you get those vegan choc. chip cookies?

I found these and your other reports recently and i'm so glad I did :goodvibes My bf is vegetarian so i'm always looking for relevant dining reviews... We have quite a few of the same restaurants booked :) Chef TJ is awesome, he made my bf a fantastic veggie stir-fry and deep fried Oreos when we ate at Boma in 2007 :cloud9: I booked Ohana since I heard that he moved there so I hope we get him (our ADR is a Sunday) and I hope he's there to whip you up something amazing on your next trip :banana:

We headed into Fronteirland and stopped at the Golden Oak Outpost.

I went up to the counter and asked what all was on the Vegetarian Flatbread Wrap before ordering - nothing but vegetables and beans, ladies and gentlemen! Me and Jon both ordered the wrap with fries and a Diet Coke.

DD8-1.jpg

I really enjoyed the wrap. Tons of veggies, and the black beans add some protein. The veggies I can remember/see are lettuce, tomato, zuchinni, banana peppers, red onion, and corn. There may have been more, I can't remember. But it was really filling and tasty for being such a light meal. A lot of it fell off as we were eating it, so we just got forks and ate the rest as a salad :lmao: haha.

I'd definitely eat here again!

YUM! I had the veggie flatbread in March & it's my new fave CS option in MK. I like mine a little wetter, so I asked for extra hummus- soooooo tasty! They were also kind enough to give me fruit (either grapes or apples) instead of fries. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed it too!

Thanks for a fantastic review! We're a vegetarian family heading to WDW in January and I am much more knowledgeable about where we should eat now thanks to you! 'Ohana is now a MUST as is Sci Fi Diner (for the kids, but happy to know about the yummy tofu dish). :yay:

Just found this old trip report and am so excited - my first trip to wdw as a vegetarian is coming up so I am looking forward to trying a lot of these dishes!! :cool1:

Thanks so much for all this information. I am a picky eater and mostly veg, I eat seafood. I saw some menus and was a little concerned but this thread has so much information and gives me a positive outlook.

When do you tell them you are a veg, when making your ADRs or when you show up?

The only thing is that we get gypped sometimes. We are going to HDDR where there is unlimited buckets of fried chicken, or they give you one piece of fish.

I found these and your other reports recently and i'm so glad I did :goodvibes My bf is vegetarian so i'm always looking for relevant dining reviews... We have quite a few of the same restaurants booked :) Chef TJ is awesome, he made my bf a fantastic veggie stir-fry and deep fried Oreos when we ate at Boma in 2007 :cloud9: I booked Ohana since I heard that he moved there so I hope we get him (our ADR is a Sunday) and I hope he's there to whip you up something amazing on your next trip :banana:

I have three 'Ohana ADRs within the next few months, so I'm hoping he'll be there at least once! :lmao: I'm going with my sister (also vegan) in March for three days, and booked a dinner ADR on the Thursday we arrive. Me and my boyfriend are going back in May, and I booked Sunday and Wednesday ADRs. So I'm crossing my fingers! If we go to check in and find out he's not there, we'll probably dine somewhere else.

YUM! I had the veggie flatbread in March & it's my new fave CS option in MK. I like mine a little wetter, so I asked for extra hummus- soooooo tasty! They were also kind enough to give me fruit (either grapes or apples) instead of fries. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed it too!

It's definitely a good lunch option! It filled me up, but didn't weigh me down.

Thanks for a fantastic review! We're a vegetarian family heading to WDW in January and I am much more knowledgeable about where we should eat now thanks to you! 'Ohana is now a MUST as is Sci Fi Diner (for the kids, but happy to know about the yummy tofu dish). :yay:

Thanks for reading! I hope my reviews were helpful on your trip :)

Just found this old trip report and am so excited - my first trip to wdw as a vegetarian is coming up so I am looking forward to trying a lot of these dishes!! :cool1:

As a vegetarian, you should have no problems! I hope you have a great trip!

Thanks so much for all this information. I am a picky eater and mostly veg, I eat seafood. I saw some menus and was a little concerned but this thread has so much information and gives me a positive outlook.

When do you tell them you are a veg, when making your ADRs or when you show up?

The only thing is that we get gypped sometimes. We are going to HDDR where there is unlimited buckets of fried chicken, or they give you one piece of fish.

For past trips, I've called and asked them to note that we're vegan on all of our reservations. And also that we have egg, dairy, and shellfish allergies. On our upcoming trip, I made ADRs online and there were only checkmarks for the allergies. So I'm going to call and get them to note vegan, and then call back a few weeks before our trip to confirm that it's all on there. Then once we're seated and our server comes to take our order, if they don't see it listed on our ticket, I mention that I'm vegan and inquire as to what I can order. Usually a chef is brought out to explain what I can have, or what he/she can make for me.

I think calling ahead to HDDR would help a lot. I've only seen one vegan review, here: http://bashfulvegan.blogspot.com/2009/04/hoo-dee-doo-hoopla.html

V_gan, can you do me a favor? IF Chef TJ comes out and talks to you, can you ask him what days he works?!?!?! :laughing: I'm going to try for a Wednesday in hopes of getting him this time, last time the only day I could get was Saturday and he wasn't there. :sad2:

V_gan, can you do me a favor? IF Chef TJ comes out and talks to you, can you ask him what days he works?!?!?! :laughing: I'm going to try for a Wednesday in hopes of getting him this time, last time the only day I could get was Saturday and he wasn't there. :sad2:

I'll try to remember! :thumbsup2

v_gan, are you going to do more reviews on your next trip(s)??? I hope so!

Of course! :goodvibes We're going to the D23 First Anniversary Party next month, so I'll be doing a review on what we get at the Diamond Horseshoe Saloon dinner, and also 'Ohana (if Chef TJ is there).

In May, we're eating at many of the same places. But we'll be trying Mama Melrose's and The Wave, plus a few new CS restaurants and snacks. I'm not going another trip without getting some vegan ice cream on Main Street! :laughing:

Thanks so much for these reviews!

I was wondering, are the buns for the veggie burgers vegan? I had read that they were not, but thought maybe you asked for a special bun?

Thanks so much for these reviews!

I was wondering, are the buns for the veggie burgers vegan? I had read that they were not, but thought maybe you asked for a special bun?

No, they're not. And I didn't know that until I got back from our trip. :sad2: You do have to ask for a gluten-free bun, as they are vegan.

I'll try to remember! :thumbsup2

Of course! :goodvibes We're going to the D23 First Anniversary Party next month, so I'll be doing a review on what we get at the Diamond Horseshoe Saloon dinner, and also 'Ohana (if Chef TJ is there).

In May, we're eating at many of the same places. But we'll be trying Mama Melrose's and The Wave, plus a few new CS restaurants and snacks. I'm not going another trip without getting some vegan ice cream on Main Street! :laughing:

Ooooh, D23 First Anniversary Party. I was debating on whether I wanted to join D23 or not. That should be very interesting and fun for you! I'm looking forward to your new reviews, especially if you're going to the Wave.
My husband and I are going again this October and we were interested in the Wave.

Hi
I saw Chef TJ in December, and he said he works Monday through Thursdays. He made me the most deliciious vegetarian dinner!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter