More variety in Disney Springs

TheConsciousness

Coaster Skeptic
During our last trip, 2 months ago, we were wondering how many people wished there was more variety to the shopping in Disney Springs.

Right now you have Disney merchandise, clothing, cigars/wines, toys, and some others that I can't think of, but there are some more categories that I wish they had: electronics or "adult" toys (not like that). Shops like ThinkGeek, Best Buy mobile, Guitar Center, Musician's Friend. I really want to go to Disney Springs and buy things that I can interact with and enjoy back in the hotel room. I like walking into stores and being able to try things, like at Brookstone or Sharper Image.

What new stores would you bring to Disney Springs?

I suppose we could put a list of any type of shop on there, but then DS would turn into something the size of Mall of America or King of Prussia Mall (the two largest in the country). I don't think that's really the intent. I'm pretty happy with the variety that currently exists.

If anything, I'd like to see some stores with things that aren't so darn expensive. :D

I'd like even more Disney themed shops instead of some of the basic stores that they have. I know it's a lot of high-end shopping for international visitors, but the "new" areas doesn't do much for me. I like to hang out in The Marketplace area the most.

Another "Strictly Disney" guy here.:earsboy: I love shopping and looking at Disney merchandise, I had a blast in the newly re-opened World Of Disney a few weeks ago. I used to love shopping at the Virgin Megastore though, I guess there's not much of a niche for that now that people are eschewing physical media.

The non-Disney shops at DS certainly aren't targeting me. Unless we're talking the Ghiardelli shop:teeth:

Another "Strictly Disney" guy here.:earsboy: I love shopping and looking at Disney merchandise, I had a blast in the newly re-opened World Of Disney a few weeks ago. I used to love shopping at the Virgin Megastore though, I guess there's not much of a niche for that now that people are eschewing physical media.

The non-Disney shops at DS certainly aren't targeting me. Unless we're talking the Ghiardelli shop:teeth:

Well, the Ghirardelli shop isn't stricly Disney, but they have a partnership and the look and feel (and smell!) fit in well with the Marketplace area. Earl of Sandwich isn't Disney either, but it fits. It doesn't all have to be strictly Disney, but if the store is also in my local mall, I'm not too interested in visiting it at Disney Springs.

Last edited:

The problem with stores like Guitar Center and Brookstone is that its difficult for people to transport that stuff back home, especially international visitors. Also, when I'm on vacation, I'm not impulse buying a new guitar or foot massager. I just don't think Disney Springs shoppers, who are primarily visitors rather than residents, are the right target market for these stores.

I would love a flower shop or truck. With as many cheer/sport competitions, band and choir groups performing, birthdays, anniversaries, etc that are celebrated on site, no doubt that visitors would pop by and grab a bouquet or arrangement to present to someone or place in their room. And locals/semi locals like me would stop by to take some home.

Throw in a few Disney inspired arrangements and it could be gold.

(I realize Disney has a florist but it's for in room delivery and has to be somewhat planned in advance. Plus you can't pick out the flowers yourself)

I would love a flower shop or truck. With as many cheer/sport competitions, band and choir groups performing, birthdays, anniversaries, etc that are celebrated on site, no doubt that visitors would pop by and grab a bouquet or arrangement to present to someone or place in their room. And locals/semi locals like me would stop by to take some home.

Throw in a few Disney inspired arrangements and it could be gold.

(I realize Disney has a florist but it's for in room delivery and has to be somewhat planned in advance. Plus you can't pick out the flowers yourself)

I think Disney Florist is operated by a third party. Another florist in the Springs would be in direct competition. I hear what you're saying about the competitions and such, but I don't know that would generate enough business to keep a store open that sells perishable items. I can't think of another reason visitors outside of those groups would want/need fresh flowers on their trip. A solution might be setting up a temporary stand by Disney Florist where these competitions are held so people can buy them on the fly. Perhaps the groups can even arrange that.

I think Disney Florist is operated by a third party. Another florist in the Springs would be in direct competition. I hear what you're saying about the competitions and such, but I don't know that would generate enough business to keep a store open that sells perishable items. I can't think of another reason visitors outside of those groups would want/need fresh flowers on their trip. A solution might be setting up a temporary stand by Disney Florist where these competitions are held so people can buy them on the fly. Perhaps the groups can even arrange that.

They could set up a florist truck and have it at Disney Springs. Choirs perform there all the time. You figure a choir of 60, mostly female and at least two choirs a day. That is the potential to sell a lot of flowers. And if there weren't any performing, don't bring the truck out.

Actually, for those who stay on property, I suppose a CVS type place wouldn't be bad.

I've always wished for a CVS/Walgreens type place in Disney Springs. Resort shops have such a small selection of toiletries and it would be great to have a place to buy emergency or forgotten items without having to leave property!

They could set up a florist truck and have it at Disney Springs. Choirs perform there all the time. You figure a choir of 60, mostly female and at least two choirs a day. That is the potential to sell a lot of flowers. And if there weren't any performing, don't bring the truck out.

If there was a flower stand I'm sure many would buy their SO a flower or flowers. My dh knows I like flowers so I could see him doing this. I think it would be a nice, classy touch.

If they did flowers as a pushcart, kind of like the food trucks, it would be easy enough to change direction if it turned out to be unpopular. In fact, a lot of things could be tested as carts or kiosks, then ditched/expanded, depending on customer interest.

Personally, I'd love to see them have a bazaar that was "shops of World Showcase" or something similar, where you could find items from other countries. Kind of like a Disneyfied World Market. Yeah, I know, they'd rather have you buy a ticket and visit the actual World Showcase, but it would be fun.

A pharmacy would be nice.

Actually, for those who stay on property, I suppose a CVS type place wouldn't be bad.

I've always wished for a CVS/Walgreens type place in Disney Springs. Resort shops have such a small selection of toiletries and it would be great to have a place to buy emergency or forgotten items without having to leave property!

I definitely agree that a CVS or Walgreens would be wonderful!!!

I've actually never seen a choir perform there. But regardless, I still think it would be in direct competition with Disney Floral & Gifts, unless they somehow made the truck an off-shoot of Disney Floral & Gifts. They'd also have to have all the flowers pre-arranged in vases, because I would bet very few visitors have anything to keep the flowers in back at their rooms. That would also mean people carrying vases around the Springs into restaurants and on buses, fewer hands to go shopping and spend $$ with, etc. I'm really not trying to pick the idea part, because its a good idea in theory, but just thinking from the practicality sense and reasons why Disney hasn't already done it.

I have always said they should have a drug store type place. I often see posts on fb groups about "where can I buy cough syrup/tylenol/thermometer/water/bandaids/hair clips etc. on property?" I know the gift shops sell some stuff like that, but they can be expensive. Also things like snacks, bottled water etc. are much needed by many folks who fly down. Again, I know the hotel shops sell them, but they are very expensive.

When we went to Hawaii years ago there were these chain stores everywhere. I think they were called ABC stores and they were everywhere. They were so busy all the time and sold stuff for tourists at low prices. There were knick knack type souvenirs, food, snacks, water, soda, candy, flip flops, sunglasses, hats, pool/beach toys etc.

I always thought Disney should have a place like this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter