• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

More Updates 4/24!! 3 Generations on the Dream: A Girls Only TR (4/13-4/18, 2013)

Our wine for the night which we carried over to the next night...it was a strong, good wine.

IMG_0230.JPG

Gramma and I both had the Truffle Pasta Pursettes and Trio of Veal:

IMG_0229.JPG

IMG_0231.JPG

We also shared this:

IMG_0232.JPG

DISbaby was enthralled by the screens and the interaction. She just loved it and couldn't keep her eyes off of Crush and the other characters. Gusti also entertained her so we could enjoy our dinners without worrying too much about her.

He made her an origami frog:
IMG_0234.JPG

IMG_0236.JPG

I tried to tell her fish are friends, not food but she wouldn't listen.

IMG_0238.JPG

I had the walnut financier dessert (delish!) and Gramma had the sundae in honor of my grandpa (Perry...which is also why DISbaby has a Perry doll).

IMG_0239.JPG

IMG_0241.JPG

Then we danced:
IMG_0243.JPG

IMG_0247.JPG

After dinner we wandered around the shops, DISbaby does not like hats:

IMG_0249.JPG

And went back to the room for the night where we fell asleep to Villians Tonight on TV.

IMG_0250.JPG

We woke up pretty early again and ordered some coffee and bagels for a light breakfast.

IMG_0251.JPG

Then we sat out on the verandah for a while enjoying the sea air. It was a beautiful morning:

IMG_0253.JPG

Can you find Mickey?
IMG_0257.JPG

The first faraway glimpse of Castaway Cay.
IMG_0259.JPG

Turning to dock, we could feel the movement of the ship and the rumbling that many people have mentioned when they're aft.

IMG_0260.JPG

IMG_0264.JPG

Excited!!
IMG_0261.JPG

IMG_0265.JPG

IMG_0269.JPG

Finally we were able to get off the ship.

IMG_0273.JPG

IMG_0274.JPG

To be continued....tomorrow...unfortunately it's finals week and I do have to do some work.

Sounds like a great time so far!! Can't wait to read some more :-)

Your bubba is so cute & happy.....makes me want to pinch her cheeks lol

What drink does Gramma have in her cup in the Castaway Cay pic? It looks very refreshing!

Sounds like a great time so far!! Can't wait to read some more :-)

Your bubba is so cute & happy.....makes me want to pinch her cheeks lol

What drink does Gramma have in her cup in the Castaway Cay pic? It looks very refreshing!

Gramma and I filled our drinks with Diet Coke before leaving the ship. It was so much more convenient then the little paper cups they provide. :) More to come today.

A week ago today we were here:

IMG_0269.JPG

And now we're back home in 34' weather in the morning...booooooo. :headache:

Anyway...we had just exited the ship and were deciding between taking the tram or walking to the family beach. I chose to walk, Gramma hopped the tram and met me at the first stop. It's not a long walk but I wanted to enjoy the quiet of the island for a bit.

IMG_0275.JPG

We got to the family beach, it was very quiet when we first got there and found a good shady spot near the lifeguard tower. Then we ventured to the water. It was cold at first but warmed up pretty quickly and felt good with the warm air temperature. I was also surprised by how many fish were there just swimming up to you...they are definitely not afraid of humans.

IMG_0278.JPG

IMG_0282.JPG

IMG_0285.JPG

IMG_0286.JPG

Lilly's first dip in the ocean...she was not impressed. She better learn to love the water because daddy sure does.

IMG_0290.JPG

It was a gorgeous day.

IMG_0294.JPG

I had debated bringing my personal snorkel gear and opted not too because I had already packed too much. I ended up renting gear for $25. Way too much for my taste but I really wanted to check out the snorkel area. I also made a stop for water and picked up some Finding Nemo toys for DISbaby to play with. She loves Nemo. I wasn't impressed with the snorkeling. I actually saw more fish in the swimming area. But it was a nice break for me. I was snorkeling for about 15 minutes. And returned to this.

IMG_0296.JPG

IMG_0297.JPG

After snorkeling we just lounged on the beach. DISbaby took a snooze, we had some drinks.

IMG_0301.JPG

IMG_0310.JPG

Around 11 AM we wandered back to the shopping shack. I bought a Mine, Mine, Mine onesie for Lilly, a Squirt keychain, a Castaway Cay pin and beverage holder and also a small Castaway Cay backpack. Gramma bought a nice shirt for Grampa. We chatted with the young ladies at the shop who were impressed that Lilly and I listened to Bob Marley and knew the songs playing over the speakers. They were really sweet. After we headed to Cookies BBQ for lunch.

DISbaby had been rubbing her eye. Don't know if she got sand in it but it looked red. Poor baby.

IMG_0314.JPG

Gramma went to grab her lunch, I grabbed a seat and a highchair for Lilly.

My lunch: The beach uses up a lot of energy and I was hungry.

IMG_0315.JPG

Again Gramma beat me to the picture:

IMG_0316.JPG

The ribs were really, really good. We had a bunch of these little guys scrounging for scraps.

IMG_0318.JPG

We listened as the crab races started. And just enjoyed being on the island. https://plus.google.com/photos/105110717867055728375/albums/5866672425470986017/5868646332700711570

We decided to head back to the ship after lunch. We had been on the island for 4 hours and DISbaby was starting to get tired and fussy. I took a lot of pictures heading back to the ship while Gramma hopped the tram again.

IMG_0320.JPG

IMG_0322.JPG

IMG_0325.JPG

IMG_0326.JPG

IMG_0326.JPG

IMG_0329.JPG

Once back on the ship I headed straight to the Aquaduck for two quick rides while Gramma watched Lilly in the room. That was the best time to ride, less then a 10 minute wait. And it was a beautiful ride, soaring over the water and the views of Castaway Cay.

More to come....Pirate Night fun!

I went back to the room after riding the Aquaduck and showered with DISbaby to get off the sand that clung to us and get her down for a nap. Meanwhile I took more pictures.

IMG_0330.JPG

IMG_0332.JPG

IMG_0335.JPG

Little did I know that Gramma had something in mind....so after DISbaby woke up from her nap we went for a walk around the ship and ended up here:

IMG_0388.JPG

Yay!!! Gramma rebooked for....her and grampa, me, my hubs and DISbaby, and my brother, sis in law and niece may join us as well. She chose the 7 night Southern Caribbean out of San Juan because it stops in Saint Lucia. The only condition was that I had to get as much of my dissertation finished before we sailed. Whoooo-hoooo. I'm also letting Gramma tell my husband because....#1 he's a Disney Party-Pooper, #2 he doesn't like cruises (even though he's never been on one). I'm hoping the stop in Barbados will convince him to enjoy himself because he's always wanted to go there.

After booking we headed straight to the District for Pirate Trivia. I was determined to win at least one game....and I won. And it was tough trivia. I got 16/20 right, the next group got 14/20. I got a cool DCL bag filled with a DCL notebook, water bottle, keychain, DCL bag (which I gave to Grampa) and DCL earbuds. A pretty cool little win...not a Mickey Trophy or medal but still awesome.

I don't have a lot of pictures of this afternoon. Right after trivia Gramma headed to the DVC presentation....again...she's been three times now and still is not convinced. We already have two timeshares passed down by older relatives but I'm hoping someday she'll finally buy into the club.

After that meeting, during which I had to go change DISbaby's diaper and get her into her pirate gear, it was time to meet....him...the greatest Pirate Captain who ever sailed the 7 seas. And he was good....Not the greatest pictures here but we have the good ones which I will post as soon as I get the CD from Gramma.

IMG_0336.JPG

IMG_0338.JPG

By the time we'd finished all of this it was time for dinner and we were actually a few minutes late. We told Gusti and Jason that we had been raiding the rum stores on board.

Up next, Pirate Night Dinner and Party!

Crab cakes...they were ok..not my favorite.

IMG_0339.JPG

Gramma got the potstickers and she said they were really good. She'd also learned to let me take a picture before digging in...lol.

IMG_0341.JPG

I had Conch Chowder. VERY Good. I mean....really, it's got BACON!

IMG_0342.JPG

Gramma got some kind of salad...I think it was the Jerk Chicken.

IMG_0343.JPG

I had the Dijon Crusted Sirloin...YUM!!! Very good. DISbaby ate a few bites of my sweet potato fries.

IMG_0344.JPG

We shared a portion of the Mahi Mahi...it was ok. The rice was really good.

IMG_0345.JPG

Gramma had the BBQ Short Rib. Which, amazingly, she managed to NOT get on her white shirt.

IMG_0346.JPG

We both had the Rum Soaked Chocolate Cake.

IMG_0347.JPG

After dinner I believe we went up top to the early Pirates Show with Mickey. I parked Gramma and DISbaby and went to get some light up Pirate Glasses because I wanted two to bring home. We filled them with Diet Coke and Sprite. Then we danced and watched the show. Now, I have a huge passion for Irish music...I love it and the music was right down my alley.

DISbaby and her Irish Jig (Sort of).

DISbaby watches Pirates!! She was quite enthralled.

After Mickey and Crew took back the ship we went back to the room because I was hurting.....folks...listen to the warnings about putting on sunscreen...even if you don't spend a lot of time out in the water. I was out for 15 minutes and this was painful.

IMG_0348.JPG

Yes...15 minutes...snorkeling did that. I learned my lesson. Even gramma got a little red and she applied sunscreen and stayed in the shade. DISbaby was slathered with it and came out unscathed. So, sunscreen it up folks.

Up Next: Our Day at Sea....and the Diaper Dash Debacle.

DISbaby is sooo big!! And so adorable! I love that you girls did this- and that you all rebooked for that awesome Southern C Itinerary- you are going to love it- so beautiful, and longer cruises are better cruises, too!!

I saw you on your sailaway- very hard to miss with your big green scarf, lol! :rotfl: Then I watched my sad, sad one- it's the dream on March 24th, 2013- don't bother looking for dates, just look at the empty ship sailing away in all the rain. :upsidedow Oh well- we still had so much fun!

Ellen

DISbaby is sooo big!! And so adorable! I love that you girls did this- and that you all rebooked for that awesome Southern C Itinerary- you are going to love it- so beautiful, and longer cruises are better cruises, too!!

I saw you on your sailaway- very hard to miss with your big green scarf, lol! :rotfl: Then I watched my sad, sad one- it's the dream on March 24th, 2013- don't bother looking for dates, just look at the empty ship sailing away in all the rain. :upsidedow Oh well- we still had so much fun!

Ellen

Thank you!! DISbaby is such a good baby for sure. And everyone just loved her onboard. I think I was watching your sail away...was that the one where the "tornado" blew through? That was insane!

I am so excited we rebooked...Gramma surprised me with that one. I'm loving your TR too...and I'm looking forward to seeing all the new DISmom pics from Cinco de Drinko coming up. ;)

Looks like a fab day at Castaway Cay and Pirate night.....except for the sunburn!!! Youch!!!!

How exciting that you guys are all going on another cruise and with the men in tow this time. Fingers crossed your DH loves it so much that you'll be booked up again before the end of it :)

Looks like a fab day at Castaway Cay and Pirate night.....except for the sunburn!!! Youch!!!!

How exciting that you guys are all going on another cruise and with the men in tow this time. Fingers crossed your DH loves it so much that you'll be booked up again before the end of it :)

Well, he'll love it but he will probably enjoy it more then WDW, fewer people and gift shops. He did promise a Disney trip when I was done with my dissertation, however, so hopefully I can get it done quickly.

Another beautiful day and we were moving very slowly back toward Port Canaveral.

IMG_0355.JPG

We opted for Cabanas for breakfast again...and I found Mickey Waffles!

IMG_0353.JPG

Now, you see that orange juice there? Very important for the next day...you'll see soon.

Lilly also tried her first bite of Mickey Waffle:

https://plus.google.com/photos/105110717867055728375/albums/5866672425470986017/5868646860268560802

You can also hear why that OJ was important in that video. I woke up with the sniffles this morning.

I'm on a boat!!

IMG_0357.JPG

We went back to the room and did a load of laundry...required with an infant at least once during a trip.

IMG_0360.JPG

After laundry was finished we went to do some wandering and ended at Vista Cafe.

IMG_0363.JPG

See that smile...it didn't last long. DISbaby had been crawling very good for about three weeks now and I wanted to enter her in the Diaper Dash.

IMG_0369.JPG

IMG_0368.JPG

While we were waiting for it to start she was crawling all over, interacting with the other kids around us. They all loved her.

Diaper Dash Intros:

https://plus.google.com/photos/105110717867055728375/albums/5866672425470986017/5868646971137004498

Needless to say...things did not end well.

IMG_0373.JPG

Too much noise and too many people. She was temporarily traumatized, poor baby. But she did get a DCL bib as a consolation prize. I felt so bad. We headed up to Deck 11 to chill out and let her cool down and get some ice cream...I let her have a lick of mine because I was feeling guilty.

To be Continued...

DISbaby recovered quickly from her diaper dash trauma.

IMG_0377.JPG

We needed ice cream however to make ourselves feel better.

IMG_0378.JPG

IMG_0380.JPG

It had been a long and traumatic morning for DISbaby and we were hoping to get her down for a nap. So we went back to the room and ordered some room service.

This was good.
IMG_0381.JPG

These were ok, I like my wings more Buffalo and less Teriyaki.
IMG_0382.JPG

Gramma wasn't too impressed with the burger. We also ordered some coffee.
IMG_0383.JPG

DISbaby didn't nap long at all...maybe 15 minutes. So we went enjoyed the verandah.

IMG_0385.JPG

And finished up our exploring and shopping.

IMG_0386.JPG

IMG_0387.JPG

I went to try my hand at Ultimate Disney Trivia in 687...the winning team only got 10/25 questions right...it was pretty tough. But I did get a Captain's Mai Tai to ease my developing cold. Gramma and DISbaby went back to the room to try for another nap.

IMG_0393.JPG

I went back to the stateroom and DISbaby was still not wanting to nap. So I looked at the Navigator and saw that Wings of Life was playing. I figured it would be a decent movie and maybe she would fall asleep in the cool dark theater.

IMG_0395.JPG

We sat in the back just in case she didn't like it...this was her first movie experience.

She was really excited at first.

https://plus.google.com/photos/105110717867055728375/albums/5866672425470986017/5868647132659709618

Then she fell asleep and slept through most of the movie. She loved the butterflies and music when she was awake though.

To be continued....our last dinner. :(

After Wings of Life we once more returned to the stateroom to get ready for dinner. While Gramma changed we sat out on the verandah. We were starting to pick up speed as we headed to PC.

IMG_0398.JPG

Tonight we were in Enchanted Garden once more. This was probably my favorite dinner of the cruise.

Gramma chose the last of our wine options, which we finished off that night:

IMG_0404.JPG

DISbaby played with her menu:

IMG_0403.JPG

And made a mess....

IMG_0408.JPG

She's really all about self-feeding right now and it's hard when you're trying to get cereal on a spoon into her mouth.

I LOVED these dishes. Very, very good. Tuna-Avocado Stack and Lobster Ravioli

IMG_0412.JPG

IMG_0414.JPG

Gramma got soup and salad to start:

IMG_0413.JPG

IMG_0415.JPG

Subesh brought us this....booooooooo.

IMG_0416.JPG

Sea Bass with Risotto for me.

IMG_0417.JPG

Pork Loin for Gramma.
IMG_0418.JPG

And we split the chicken dish (which was wonderful).
IMG_0419.JPG

I had this for dessert.
IMG_0420.JPG

Gramma had the sundae (Bananas Foster I think)

IMG_0422.JPG

They also brought us this plate. I enjoyed the chocolate ones more.

IMG_0421.JPG

Our final dinner on the Dream was over. We went back to the room for a few minutes and got DISbaby settled for the night. I went back out to take some final pictures and to watch Believe. I wish Jason (my hubs) could have seen it...he needs to start believing in magic again.

IMG_0425.JPG

The show was good...I got a little more emotional with The Golden Mickey's because of the concept of perseverance and confidence (with my dissertation writing approaching I needed it...) But after I went back to the room. I did not sleep well that night. First, I was really starting to not feel well, Gramma was snoring because the patch was starting to dehydrate her and the boat was rocking a bit that night. I woke up that morning as we were docking in PC.

IMG_0431.JPG

To be continued: Our day room at the Hyatt, Traveling Aftermath and post-cruise thoughts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter