More POFQ questions............

LuvindisCruiser

DIS Veteran
We will be staying at WDW for 4 nights and considering this resort. How is the foodcourt? Is it a good size food court with a good variety where we would be OK eating there for 3 days? How are the prices? It will be me, hubby, and 5 yr.olds twins. And, can I request a fridge in our room? Is there any bldgs. or rooms that would be any closer to the food court or bus stop? Thanks for your info. !!:wave:

We just stayed there in April for the first time. We stayed in building #4. It was very close to the food court and bus stop. We loved this resort. It was very beautiful. We had our DS 8 and our DD 6 with us.

The food court was fine. They did have a lot of choices. The kids liked breakfast there the best. (Probably because we ate there more for that meal) It was a little pricey for us, until we saw the portion sizes and then just split the meals between kids. The adults even shared meals. The cost wasn't so bad then. Make sure to get the beignets! They were great!

Welcome to the DIS, LuvindisCruiser! :wave:

Like Macbro, I also recommend building four. It's only a minute or two to the food court and bus stop--maybe three minutes to the pool. It's a great location.

I thought the food court was standard for Disney. Good variety during peak hours, limited variety during off hours. I had the beinets, and they are yummy. I got a great steak and cheese sub there as well. I only ate there a couple of times. Meals are about $5-10, depending on what you order and what they include. They also have kids meals.

You can request a refridgerator for your room, but you will be charged $10 per night for it. I personally don't find it worth that expense to get a fridge.

Have a great stay! It's a great resort!

Karen

Thanks for the Info. !! We probably won't need a fridge after all then. It's good to know that the portions are big, and we could probably share with the kids. I just don't think we can afford eating all our meals in the parks. Plus, we'll be doing the Disney cruise after, so that's when we'll get the big, yummy meals !!:wave:

Macbro....I have requested bldg 4 for my stay in two weeks...did you think one side of the bldg was better than another...or particular floor? We stayed at POR last visit wanted to try POFQ since we checked out the grounds when we were there before...but that was nearly 3 years ago. We are going to have 4 adults and 2 kids (4 and 13)....glad to hear we can probably share some of the meals to save some money there! more for the souvenir shopping!!
TIA

chelsea's nana,

We had a "standard" view or parking lot, but you couldn't see the parking lot at all. We were on the 3rd floor at the farthest end of the building (from the food court, pool, etc) It took us all of about 3-4 minutes to get there from our room, but DH thought it would be nicer to be on the end closer to the food court. There are elevators, so no problem getting up and down the stairs. It was very quiet. We did not hear any other guests in other rooms during our stay. I couldn't really say how it was on other floors of the building, as I had never stayed there before. Hope this helps with your decision! We had a great time there.

HI LovinDisCruiser:wave:
We are staying at POFQ in July. I can't wait! We are staying 7 nights. At first we were going to rent a fridge too, but then I decided that I am going to buy a disposable cooler. We are using Tiffany Town Car with a grocery stop to buy cold brakfast foods and snacks. There are ice machines on every floor so we can keep everything cold. Have a great trip!!!

Just returned from POFQ 2 weeks ago. We were in building #4 with 2 connecting rooms. Rooms were great. My husband said the beds were more comfortable than our bed at home. Even the pillows were still new and fluffy. Our rooms were in the middle section of building 4 and were no more than a 2 minute walk to everything. We were on the 2nd floor. There were 8 of us, including 2 children, 4 teenagers and 2 adults. We had plenty of room. Would definately stay there again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter