More HH questions

Andrea T

Mouseketeer
Hi,
We too will be heading for HH at the end of August. We are bringing my sister's family with us, which includes my young teenage nephew.

1. He'd like to jetski or parasail. Is this available on the island and where? Has anyone done it? Any websites I can check out?

2. Can men where shorts to most restaurants at dinner or are "docker" style slacks more appropriate? Places like Scotts Fishmarket, Old oyster Factory, Salty Dog...

Thanks a bunch! I hope to meet fellow DIS's at the pool! We'll be there 8/22-8/28.
Andrea

I think there's parasailing in Sea Pines and over by the Hudson's docks. You can pick up one of the "things to do" booklets when you get there to find out more.

Shorts are appropriate at all the restaurants you mentioned. In fact, offhand, I can't think of a single place that does NOT allow men to wear shorts. There are a few where men might feel more comfortable wearing slacks than shorts, but I don't think they'd be turned away...

I think there's parasailing in Sea Pines and over by the Hudson's docks. You can pick up one of the "things to do" booklets when you get there to find out more.

Shorts are appropriate at all the restaurants you mentioned. In fact, offhand, I can't think of a single place that does NOT allow men to wear shorts. There are a few where men might feel more comfortable wearing slacks than shorts, but I don't think they'd be turned away...

Be careful about what they tell you when they take you parasailing! This was at the lighthouse at Sea Pines. We took five kids and they said that they would be out 45 minutes. I heard one of the dock workers tell some other people our kids were the last trip for the day, but things changed. Instead of 45 minutes for our kids, it was about 30 if that. That included them gassing up the boat. Then, instead of letting the kids go up single, they made them double up, using the excuse it was too windy. Yet another boat 100 yards away was letting people go single.

Our boat came in and loo and behold, they took out the other party. That was the reason for the short trip and the doubles, so they could make more money on the latecomers.

I was upset because in advance, I gave them a tip for the boat crew. Live and learn I guess but make sure you know what you are getting ahead of time before you pay.

We've only been to one restaurant in HH that we didn't feel comfortable in shorts and that was Red Fish (I think that's the name). Everyone else seemed to be "dressed" for dinner and only a few people with shorts. Next time I'll know. We have three kids, so we don't usually go to the restaurants that we think will be too upscale.

Coachsting...Thank you for letting me know you were shorted time on the parasailing. I'll make sure I question them enough so they know what we want / expect.

Gracelrm...Since we will only be doing casual dining (5 kids with us), I'll cross Red Fish off our list! Thanks for the tip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter