More digital layouts posted

Timon

DIS Veteran
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
Hello ladies,

I just finished scrapping my RCCL Explorer of the Seas Cruise (digitally) and have posted the layouts HERE

You kinda have to scroll through the first ones to get to the cruise.

It's been awhile since I've scrapped. Well, until 3 days ago that is.
I spent the last 3 days doing a baby shower 8x8 gift album for my sister-in-law but I don't think I will be posting those layouts.

I'm also working on some layouts for a Christmas Album that I am going to get printed at mypublisher.com.

I am leaving in 15 days for WDW and I will have so much to do when I get back, so I wanted to catch up on as much as I can before I leave!

very nice!
SO how long does it take you to create those pages? which do you like to do better? traditional scrapping or digital?
I have asked DH for adobe photo shop elements to play for Christmas. I would like to try some digital stuff!

THose are all gorgeous!
Have a great time on your trip!
What sizes are youpages Cass??
Where do you print them??
I love addind digital elements to my pages (as long as I can print them on 8 1/2 x 11 and I always scrap 12x12.
I know when I looked into a 12x12 pritner a few years ago they were THOUSANDS of dollars!

Spinning,
Usually it takes me about 15-30 mins per page, depending on what I want to do with the layout, some just take longer because I have no idea what I want when I create it, I just start playing and it turns into something! If I know 100% how I want it to look, I can do it in 10 mins.

Hard to say which I like better. I like things about each method. Digital is quick, non-messy, cheaper (once you have the software! :rolleyes: ). I like that I can do whatever I want with my text, no need to worry about cutting it out or having the right alphabet sticker or die cuts. I think I have more creativity sometimes with digital layouts.

BUT...I love the feel of using my hands with paper and glue and embellishments and stuff. My husband says he likes traditional better because he likes to "touch" everything, you know the type who runs their fingers across the pages when they look at them. When I print the digital layouts, they are flat, no bulkiness at all.

pattyT,
The ones I have done so far are all 8 x 8 and I print them out on photo paper and put them in an 8x8 Pioneer top loading album. However, I do own a large format printer, the Canon i9900 which I love and can print up to 13x19 but the 12 x12 paper for it is expensive. I am impressed with my printer, it was just under $1000 Canadian with the extra warranty.

I have the Epson R1800 printer that does borderless 12x12 prints. I love it. Epson also makes a great scrapbook paper also. Archival life is over 200 years. It is $549

I also have the Epson Photo 1280. It does 12x12 but not borderless on that size. It is $399.

Timon....I am SOOOOOO glad to see i am not the only 'nut' who takes bathroom pictures!!!

I have a lovely layout of the PALO :boat: bathroom in my scrapbook :rotfl:

Timon -

WOW I love all your new layouts... Can I scrap lift a few ideas?

Call me crazy but one of the ways I passed the time for my trip was to pre-scrap (digitally). Now i have tons of pages just waiting for the right pictures..

Awesome!!

GrayFal,
LOL, I ALWAYS take bathrooms pics, I don't know why...I think it started in Las Vegas in 1998, every bathroom I went in was amazing! All the stalls had cup holders and ashtrays!! (too bad I had quit smoking and drinking LOL). I just had to photograph all those cool bathrooms.

Since then and maybe even before I am fascinated with bathrooms! That bathroom on Explorer of the Seas was amazing! There I was washing my hands and had this floor to ceiling view of the ocean!!! WOW!! :teeth: Oh and to top it off they had baskets of Tampax tampons on all the sinks!! Never seen that before!

My last WDW trip, I took photos of about half the bathrooms and I made a WDW Bathrooms page. I got some weird comments when I posted it on the DIS so evetually I took it down, it was taking up so much room. Then about 3 months ago some guy from the Intercot boards e-mailed me and asked me if I could put them back up LOL!

So I decided that this trip I will take photos of the rest of the bathrooms that I didn't get and do some research and do another WDW bathrooms page. It's gonna take me a lot of work to get it up the way I want it but I think some prepared moms will appreciate it.

Renysmom,

Scraplift away! I would be honored! I remember my first Disney cruise, I pre-scrapped a whole bunch of pages, I was SO excited LOL!!I think this cruise I will scrap it digitally since I already have two filled traditional albums from our first Disney cruise, do something different this trip! :3dglasses

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter