MORE Adventures of the "Moms" Panel

Twende

Best laid plans of Mouse and men.....

Let's see how big this thread will grow now! So are we sure it's the 8th? Is this posted anywhere?

Wait let me see if I can find the article.. I just went to find it again.. and I couldnt I hope I wasnt dooped... I was so excited knowing the date. Let me look and Ill post what I find.:sad2:

Just checked the moms club website, no mention there. Shouldn't there be a newsletter out soon? Last one was June.

on a side note, anyone that wants to subscribe (without posting) can do so via the thread tools.

Kim thanks so much for starting this, can't wait to see who will join the Moms Panel, it's been such a great experience and I hope some fellow DISers get chosen :thumbsup2

I haven't heard anything about when the application process will start other than it'll be in September, I'll post here as soon as I know :goodvibes

Hopping on the new thread... Hoping that third times a charm for me! It'd be so cool to be on the panel.

Kim thanks so much for starting this, can't wait to see who will join the Moms Panel, it's been such a great experience and I hope some fellow DISers get chosen :thumbsup2

I haven't heard anything about when the application process will start other than it'll be in September, I'll post here as soon as I know :goodvibes

Thanks for prompting me Jo!:goodvibes I would love to be in the process again this year. It is so much fun even if you don't make the panel!:yay:

Thanks for keeping us all updated!

Here we go again!

Not sure when it was last year, but it has to be coming up soon...

Early next month for sure...hopefully an announcement is coming soon...going to look at the old newsletter...:surfweb:

Ok, according to last year's August MMC newsletter (when it was 'officially' announced) the dates for submissions was Sept 8 through Sept 19, or when they reached 20,000 applicants (wow).

The newsletter hit my inbox on August 6th. But there was a 'soft' announcement in the July newsletter...so...basically any minute now?:confused3

Hello everyone...checking in. Sorry I've been away...DH finally had the surgery he was waiting for since 1/2/09. So I've been playing nurse! :)

Anyway, Twende...thanks for starting the new thread! Wishing everyone lots of luck with the application process. As someone mentioned...at least the process is fun when you hang out here!

disneyslp - you mentioned on the other thread you weren't sure if you should apply. I say go for it! What do you have to lose. I'm a big fan of "rejects" (I say that with nothing but love!) as I was a reject so anything can happen!

As far as the MMC Illuminations party, it sounds like Bret (RatBoy), DisneyCapers and Ariel8676 will be going...did I miss anyone? I believe Joanne, Cathy & Anna (current panelists) are planning on attending as well. And I would bet Laura would be there as well. Rule #1: you must all eat a dessert and toast the rest of us!

So glad the excitement is building. So far, we have not been alerted as to when the application process will open this year...we've been told "next month" - so anytime in September....but hopefully an email goes out soon with more details. If we hear anything, we'll be sure to post here.

Good luck everyone...and lets have some fun! :dance3:

I can't wait for the process to start! Wish I were going to the MMC party, but will get to see many of the Moms Panel at the Expedition Everest 5K!

We're just getting ready to move down there...I don't know if they'd be interested in someone so close, but I may give it a go...

I'm so glad I found this thread!
:flower3:

Hey there! I logged into the Mickey Mom's Club website today, and see this announcement about the upcoming panel applications. Its not too much more info than we all guessed at, but I thought I'd post it anyways :goodvibes Might as well help build the excitement, right ??

WALT DISNEY WORLD MOMS PANEL SEARCH
Do you have the right stuff?

As a member of the Mickey Moms Club, you are most likely someone with a passion for "all things Walt Disney World®"! Well, it's that time of year when Mickey is on the look-out for the best, the mousiest, the most pixie-dusted vacation planners the world has ever seen to join the Walt Disney World Moms Panel.

Launched in January 2008, the site is a free, online forum led by real, park-savvy parents who assist with the vacation-planning process. The Web site became an instant success, with 12 panelists answering more than 12,000 questions in its first 10 months. Due to the popularity, Walt Disney World® created its second Moms Panel with 16 panelists who took the helm in January 2009.

Disney is looking for new panelists to join the Web site. In September, there will be a 10-day period to send in applications for new panelists. Once the finalists are chosen, the new panel will be flown to Walt Disney World in December for training. The 2010 panelists start their year in January.

If you're chosen, not only could you win a Walt Disney World Resort vacation for you and three other guests, but even cooler than that, you also could be helping moms across the nation plan their best Disney trip ever!

Keep visiting the Walt Disney World Moms Panel Web site in September to find out when applications are being accepted. You just might be sharing your love of Disney Parks with the world!

Good luck to everyone! Even us past "rejects" - myself included! :rotfl:

I'll be sending in my app, but there is only one slot available for me, so I don't think I have enough fingers and toes to cross. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter