More ??? about Disney Visa

mickey'sbud

DIS Veteran
Today is Apr 3. If I apply for the visa today, do you think I will have the $50 disney reward by our trip May 27 (6 1/2 wks from now)? Do I have to charge and then pay it off to get the reward? Even the initial $50 reward? If so that appears to be 2 billing cycles. What do you think?

dont waste your time with it. I have had the disney visa for 3 years and enjoyed the disney points( you have to realize it is only 1 % that really isnt much) but anyway I have perfect credit and I opened my bill the other day and noticed they raised my interest to 19.99% I called and asked that it be lowered since I have had the card for years. The rep said they were not running any special services and to call back next month I cancelled my card that minute, I have another chase card ( chase bought them out) and cancelled that one too. There is to much compotician out there.

But I thought the $50 Disney Reward was for signing up---a come on---to get you to apply for it. Is it not that? Am I missing something....I understand the 1% of every dollar which means a penny, but what about the $50 sign up?

I got my $50 reward bonus on the second statement ~ so that would probably be after May 27th (if the billing cycle starts on April 3, the 1st billing statement should be beginning of May so then the 2nd statement should be beginning of June) The reward dollars are applied at the end of the billing cycle.

You need to use the card to get the $50 bonus, but I don't think you need to have it paid off before they give you the $50 bonus. (although you should probably pay it off each month since the interest rate stinks)

When I applied for the card, they were only giving $25. You should get them as soon as you make a purchase, you don't have to pay off the balance to get them, you only have to keep the account in good standing.
I believe citibank has a mastercard that pay 5% on gas, grocery and drugstores and 1% on all other purchases. Discover also gives 5% on gas and 1% on all other purchases. They also cap the amount at a max of $300 a year or something like that. I don't believe there is a cap on the disney rewards.

actually, I think there is a cap on the Disney rewards...something like $750 per year.

I think I got my card in December or January. I just received my sign up bonus this week after calling to complain that I have never gotten it. It was a 50.00 gift card to Disney Store.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter