Moonlight Magic at Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park Announced

Ok so I am new to these events and have a question. I was able to make a reservation today for the amount in our room (5). We are also traveling with my adult kids (3), I just paid cash for them in a separate room. When the day comes that people without a reservation can register can I book a second one under my husband's name or no because it is the same membership number?

Ok so I am new to these events and have a question. I was able to make a reservation today for the amount in our room (5). We are also traveling with my adult kids (3), I just paid cash for them in a separate room. When the day comes that people without a reservation can register can I book a second one under my husband's name or no because it is the same membership number?

No. You won’t be able to get more as it’s per membership in your room.

You won’t be given a chance to get more during open registration.

No. You won’t be able to get more as it’s per membership in your room.

You won’t be given a chance to get more during open registration.
Ugh thanks. I got two different answers when I asked in chat so I figured this group would be a better resource.

I've seen people have MM tickets give them away because they were sick or otherwise couldn't go. How does that work? Don't they have to be present with their ID for check-in?

I ask because I'm a blue-card holder with a resort reservation for the 8th but it wouldn't let me register because for this trip, I'm actually staying on someone else's points. Could the owner go in and register, and send me the tickets?

I've seen people have MM tickets give them away because they were sick or otherwise couldn't go. How does that work? Don't they have to be present with their ID for check-in?

I ask because I'm a blue-card holder with a resort reservation for the 8th but it wouldn't let me register because for this trip, I'm actually staying on someone else's points. Could the owner go in and register, and send me the tickets?
The owner has to unfortunately be present to check in

I might be wrong but I think the owner(s) need to be present to collect the wristband, the blue card with the members number needs to be shown to get the wristbands. There are no tickets to send, just a wristband to be picked up with a photo ID and DVC membership card. Unless the owner is there to give you the bands, then you won't be able to use their registration.
You can try to register next week.

I just registered for the event on September 8 and am pretty excited. We have never been at Disney for one of these events before! Anyway, my question is about the cabanas. Does anyone know if you can rent them during the party? Would love to have a place to just chill as we are not super waterpark fans but don't want to miss this opportunity to party with other DVC members.

I just registered for the event on September 8 and am pretty excited. We have never been at Disney for one of these events before! Anyway, my question is about the cabanas. Does anyone know if you can rent them during the party? Would love to have a place to just chill as we are not super waterpark fans but don't want to miss this opportunity to party with other DVC members.
We just received an e-mail saying that Cabanas are available for rent for MM. From the e-mail: “The park’s Private Cabanas will be available for paid rental during the event on a first-come, first-served basis. If you’re interested, inquire about rentals and availability at High 'N Dry rentals at Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park on the night of the event.”

For anyone who is interested here is what was sent about snacks and beverages:
WHAT TO EAT
Unlike Moonlight Magic events in Theme Parks, where you typically redeem snack certificates for food, the approach is a bit different in this Water Park environment (where carrying certificates is less than ideal). Here, you’ll simply find complimentary ice cream novelties, fruit, popcorn and select fountain beverages available at Crush 'N' Gusher, Happy Landings, Lowtide Lou's, North Shore and Typhoon Tilly's. Additional food and beverage offerings are available for purchase.

And don't you dare take up someone else's spot if you aren't a swimmer.

Oh please people like you make me laugh. Anyone can do anything they want but don't come around asking for an opinion on what others would do and then be upset when everyone doesn't agree with you.

Just got back from this evening’s 8/15 event. It was as wonderful as others have reported. On-site check in was easy…we arrived around 6:30p. Found a CM with an iPad. Showed ID and DVC Digital card, got passed off to another set of CM’s with wristbands…and in we went. As many towels as we requested…complimentary. At 8pm on the dot: Popcorn, Mickey Ice Cream Bars, Mickey Ice Cream Sandwiches, Strawberry Fruit bars & complimentary soda fountain (very small cups provided…some folks had larger vessels…no judgement, slight jealousy as I had to get in line multiple times;) all available at multiple locations.4D5FEAF9-2E89-427B-97D7-625315DADA37.jpeg Bagged grapes & apple slices were on the bridge across from Sal’s (in place of Joffrey’s mini donuts). Towards the middle of the event, CM’s allowed us to take what we wanted to consume…our hungry UCF student ended up with a few boxes of popcorn to take back to the dorms.DAE42DC5-7552-4E09-A50C-5ACAF4B4D8BC.jpeg Chip n Dale dance party by Crush n Gusher. Mickey, Minnie and Goofy stage party by the wave pool.DFEFF346-BC84-4C41-8CBF-0B143EC62F76.jpegA35912E0-4456-4D7A-9B1E-F96DC3209C91.jpeg50EEA086-E6DA-4637-9BAA-F8D065147380.jpeg Smoke filled bubbles were neat…DS 9yo loved popping them…heck, I did too. 58DA6F92-1A20-49C0-82A9-EFF8818E750F.jpeg46F5CA44-1523-4187-BD73-02133496E7EA.jpegOnly did wave pool, Crush n Gusher and Miss Adventure Falls. Lines varied but were a tad longer than advertised…until the last 30 mins of the event. Only slight grumble was an overly cautious CM at CnG who insisted DS remove his Natives (water shoes) before being height measured…we felt bad holding up the line (They’re such a pain to get on and off). This was about 2 hours/5 times after we had already been cleared to ride…oh well. No anger or criticism, just slight annoyance. Parting gift was a light up bracelet.

Just got back from this evening’s 8/15 event. It was as wonderful as others have reported. On-site check in was easy…we arrived around 6:30p. Found a CM with an iPad. Showed ID and DVC Digital card, got passed off to another set of CM’s with wristbands…and in we went. As many towels as we requested…complimentary. At 8pm on the dot: Popcorn, Mickey Ice Cream Bars, Mickey Ice Cream Sandwiches, Strawberry Fruit bars & complimentary soda fountain (very small cups provided…some folks had larger vessels…no judgement, slight jealousy as I had to get in line multiple times;) all available at multiple locations.View attachment 694292 Bagged grapes & apple slices were on the bridge across from Sal’s (in place of Joffrey’s mini donuts). Towards the middle of the event, CM’s allowed us to take what we wanted to consume…our hungry UCF student ended up with a few boxes of popcorn to take back to the dorms.View attachment 694289 Chip n Dale dance party by Crush n Gusher. Mickey, Minnie and Goofy stage party by the wave pool.View attachment 694296View attachment 694291View attachment 694290 Smoke filled bubbles were neat…DS 9yo loved popping them…heck, I did too. View attachment 694293View attachment 694295Only did wave pool, Crush n Gusher and Miss Adventure Falls. Lines varied but were a tad longer than advertised…until the last 30 mins of the event. Only slight grumble was an overly cautious CM at CnG who insisted DS remove his Natives (water shoes) before being height measured…we felt bad holding up the line (They’re such a pain to get on and off). This was about 2 hours/5 times after we had already been cleared to ride…oh well. No anger or criticism, just slight annoyance. Parting gift was a light up bracelet.
Were you able to get a picture with Mickey and Minnie or just as they were walking by. Thank you!

Last edited:
Were you able to get a picture with Mickey and Minnie or just as they were walking by. Thank you!
We happened to catch them departing the stage. At the end of the event Mickey, Minnie and Goofy were taking roped off/socially distant pictures at the exit. Chip ‘n Dale played games all night long so you could get as close as you liked (DS was only interested in rides and not pics so we really didn’t try with any of the characters.)

Anyone able to get into the general registration this morning? It's 11 minutes past registration time and the queue-it page won't advance to the "your place in line" page.

Anyone able to get into the general registration this morning? It's 11 minutes past registration time and the queue-it page won't advance to the "your place in line" page.

HOLY COW I ran into a glitch/bug that Disney (and others, maybe) needs to be aware of related to my particular use case:

Because I attempted to register for the early resort registration for moonlight magic last week and was unsuccessful (my resort registration is under another member's points), when trying to register this morning, the "queue-it" site resumed that session and was giving me the message "Early registration has closed. Registration will open on August 16 at 11:00 am ET. "

I didn't realize this, and thought this was just the waiting room before the queue, so I sat and waited -- and when 11A rolled around, nothing happened. I refreshed, I re-opened the link again, etc. Nothing. I thought there was a delay on Disney's side.

I finally called them, and they said "sorry, registration is full." I was FURIOUS because I planned so carefully and was in the queue WELL ahead of time and followed all instructions! While talking to the CM (who didn't know what was going on), I opened up a private window (that has no cookies) and entered the queue and it worked. And for some reason, there was some availability left even though the CM said it was sold out and it let me register.

I got my registration by the skin of my teeth. All's well that ends well, I guess, but Disney needs to fix this glitch!

What time does the event close up and they start kicking everyone out?

We went to the Typhoon event on the 9th and LOVED it - With regard Cabana's , I personally would save your money. There are lots of quite spots and TBH most people tend to leave around 8.30/9ish. We stayed until around 10.40pm and it was nice and spacious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter