• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Montana & Alberta trip with 9 and 7 year old? Love to find trip reports!

Also remember that the Tauck price includes the gratuities for the director, which is an additional savings over ABD as well. I think they'll release 2018 trips in April. They used to have recommended and minimum ages, but now they have some weird language about 8 and up being welcome. But they let us go to Costa Rica last year with my 4 year old and he and my 6 year old got to zip line despite the fact that it says you have to be 8+.

ETA: It says in a different place Recommended age: 8+. Rafting is available for children 6 and older.

So I assume a 6 year old can go.

My kids will be 9.5 and 7.5 during the time of the trip so I am hoping that would work. How many people are typically in a group with Tauck? I take it you have been pleased with them if you have toured with them previously?

My kids will be 9.5 and 7.5 during the time of the trip so I am hoping that would work. How many people are typically in a group with Tauck? I take it you have been pleased with them if you have toured with them previously?

We did Costa Rica last year over Spring Break/Easter. Our trip was fully sold out and had around 38 people. They actually provided more meals than in the itinerary, and since prior travelers had complained about the long bumpy ride to the rainforest, we were the first tour that was flown in and out, at no additional cost. Our guide was delightful and he would have several fun competitions with prizes for the kids. It was an incredible trip. Possibly not as nice as ABD, but at 10% or more less than ABD, with all gratuities included, I definitely felt the value was there. Our kids were 10, one week shy of 7 and 4.5.

My only disappointment was that my youngest has severe food allergies and while we apprised Tauck at booking, and had two other kids with peanut allergies in the group, there was no planning ahead, and we were not as certain as we would have liked that his food would be safe. For that reason, we are ok with Tauck in North America, or other countries without a language barrier or that we are comfortable with their labeling laws, but when it comes to say, Peru, we will probably stick with ABD.

We did Costa Rica last year over Spring Break/Easter. Our trip was fully sold out and had around 38 people. They actually provided more meals than in the itinerary, and since prior travelers had complained about the long bumpy ride to the rainforest, we were the first tour that was flown in and out, at no additional cost. Our guide was delightful and he would have several fun competitions with prizes for the kids. It was an incredible trip. Possibly not as nice as ABD, but at 10% or more less than ABD, with all gratuities included, I definitely felt the value was there. Our kids were 10, one week shy of 7 and 4.5.

My only disappointment was that my youngest has severe food allergies and while we apprised Tauck at booking, and had two other kids with peanut allergies in the group, there was no planning ahead, and we were not as certain as we would have liked that his food would be safe. For that reason, we are ok with Tauck in North America, or other countries without a language barrier or that we are comfortable with their labeling laws, but when it comes to say, Peru, we will probably stick with ABD.

I'm sorry to hear about the allergy information- that certainly must have made things a little more difficult without knowing exactly what was in the food.

When the 2018 schedules come out we are going to see how the two compare with dates and offerings. Thanks all for this information!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter