Monsieur Paul or Flying Fish???

AllThingsMickey4

DIS Veteran
I'm torn between trying Monsieur Paul or Flying Fish for our April wedding/honeymoon trip. We've never been to either. We will be staying at the Beach Club and this will be for our Epcot night.. so both are convenient. Will most likely be on the Deluxe Dining Plan. I originally wanted to do MP, but the more I look at the menu the more exotic it sounds LOL. I'm okay with trying new things.. but I'm definitely not an escargot eater.

I've heard great things about Flying Fish, but I'm not a seafood eater at all.. not even shrimp. I've tried seafood, but I can't deal with the texture or the fishy taste.

I'm also open to other signature restaurant suggestions in the area. We are already eating at Yachtsman Steakhouse the night before our wedding.

So what would you do???

Given your stated dislikes I'd opt for MP.
Not all the dishes include escargots, LOL.
You can certainly order any roasted meat with the sauce on the side at this type of restaurant.

Enjoy the beauty of your forthcoming new life:).

I would do Monsieur Paul. We've eaten there several times and the food and service are really wonderful (they have a highly trained staff). It's also a more elegant experience, IMHO. You are led up a back staircase to get to the restaurant and it's quite quiet and romantic, IMHO.

We didn't have a good experience at Flying Fish. I thought the food was overly salty and the service was incredibly slow.

I had an amazing steak at Monsieur Paul, I would pick that one. Although I've never been to Flying Fish so I'm a little biased.

Monsieur Paul is so unique in that it has that upscale, romantic feeling yet in the park. Best meal I've ever had.

We will be trying MP in 2 weeks so looking forward to it. We love Flying Fish and will be eating there again. If you are not a Seafood fan, I would not do Flying Fish. While they have non Seafood items, that is their specialty.
Other options, California Grill, Artists Point, Narcoossees, Citricos.

Another vote for MP here, the food is really good & the atmosphere is very romantic-perfect for a honeymoon. If it was before the renovation I would have said Flying Fish but since they renovated FF has lost all it's appeal to us, the food just isn't as good anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter