Monorail Schedule

laurenfratt

Mouseketeer
Hi! Does anyone know the current schedule of the resort monorail? Staying at VGF in April and have a later reservation for Cali Grill, wondering how we should plan on getting there and back. It’s for 8:45pm with magic kingdom scheduled to close at 6pm that day. Ideally I’d like to monorail there and back like in previous years, but thinking that won’t be the case. Should I assume I have to take a Lyft over to contemporary and back home to the villas?! Thanks!

Hi! Does anyone know the current schedule of the resort monorail? Staying at VGF in April and have a later reservation for Cali Grill, wondering how we should plan on getting there and back. It’s for 8:45pm with magic kingdom scheduled to close at 6pm that day. Ideally I’d like to monorail there and back like in previous years, but thinking that won’t be the case. Should I assume I have to take a Lyft over to contemporary and back home to the villas?! Thanks!

Disney hasn’t really been publishing monorail times since reopening like they used to do in the now defunct weekly Times Guide, but the monorail has generally been ending service around an hour after MK closing.

The monorail resorts have been running what is called the “Gold Line” bus route that starts 1 hour after MK closing through 11pm servicing Poly, GF, and CR. This route is to help facilitate getting around the monorail resorts for evening dinners and such.

Hope that helps!

Disney hasn’t really been publishing monorail times since reopening like they used to do in the now defunct weekly Times Guide, but the monorail has generally been ending service around an hour after MK closing.

The monorail resorts have been running what is called the “Gold Line” bus route that starts 1 hour after MK closing through 11pm servicing Poly, GF, and CR. This route is to help facilitate getting around the monorail resorts for evening dinners and such.

Hope that helps!
Thank you! That’s exactly what I was looking to find out! That should be plenty of time for us to get back to the hotel.

Hope that helps!

Does it run for early reservations more than 1 hour prior to park opening? We have the opposite issue with a 7:35 Chef Mickey's reservation, but MK doesn't open until 9 am.

Does it run for early reservations more than 1 hour prior to park opening? We have the opposite issue with a 7:35 Chef Mickey's reservation, but MK doesn't open until 9 am.

Yes - unless this has changed recently (which I don’t think it has, but not totally sure) - the Gold Route starts at 7am through 30 minutes prior to MK opening.

This bus doesn’t get discussed much on the boards (and frankly you’ll get all sorts of mis-information if you ask CMs when there) so I’ll always caveat what you encounter on any given day may vary a little - but that’s the way it’s supposed to work!

If you try it, let us know how it goes!

Yes - unless this has changed recently (which I don’t think it has, but not totally sure) - the Gold Route starts at 7am through 30 minutes prior to MK opening.

This bus doesn’t get discussed much on the boards (and frankly you’ll get all sorts of mis-information if you ask CMs when there) so I’ll always caveat what you encounter on any given day may vary a little - but that’s the way it’s supposed to work!

If you try it, let us know how it goes!

Great, I was hoping not to have to drive or Uber over there. Thanks!

Hope that helps!
Does the Gold Line stop at TTC too? Just wondering if we have dinner at a monorail resort after a MK day whether we should plan to move our car from TTC to the dinner resort. (Staying offsite this trip.)

Does the Gold Line stop at TTC too? Just wondering if we have dinner at a monorail resort after a MK day whether we should plan to move our car from TTC to the dinner resort. (Staying offsite this trip.)
I don't believe so, but it's walkable from the Polynesian.

No, it doesn’t. Although an alternative would be to get off at the Poly bus stop and walk across the to the TTC parking lot, if that’s an option for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter