Monorail operating hours

FSU Girl

DIS Veteran
Is there somewhere on Disney's website that lists the hours of operation for the monorail? I'm trying to see what time it closes to know how late I can get back to my hotel by monorail. I was checking under the park hours calendar, but don't see it there. Would it be under the specific hotel's information? I mainly care about the resort monorail that goes between the Magic Kingdom resorts.

OTPN posts the weekly Times Guide.:)

WDWapril1%2C2018.jpg

you realize that the resort monorail only goes to the BLT/CR, Poly, GF, TTC and MK. the express only goes from TTC to MK. the Epcot monorail goes from TTC to Epcot only.

oh the monrail times change - so it might be different for your stay. remember if you at Epcot and the monorail has stopped working - there will be buses. Just ask the front desk when you arrive.

you realize that the resort monorail only goes to the BLT/CR, Poly, GF, TTC and MK. the express only goes from TTC to MK. the Epcot monorail goes from TTC to Epcot only.

oh the monrail times change - so it might be different for your stay. remember if you at Epcot and the monorail has stopped working - there will be buses. Just ask the front desk when you arrive.
I only need to know for the Magic Kingdom resorts. I'll be staying at Bay Lake Tower and trying to figure out if it's doable to take the monorail from Grand Floridian at midnight during my stay

I only need to know for the Magic Kingdom resorts. I'll be staying at Bay Lake Tower and trying to figure out if it's doable to take the monorail from Grand Floridian at midnight during my stay

Pretty sure the answer is no - that say ask at the front desk and if they say no (but I doubt it) - call the GF if you are eating at one of the restuarants they will provide transportation (or they did - still think they do) - this is a van that picks you up in front of BLT or GF

for riding the resort monorail it depends upon how long the MK or Epcot is open that night. It did stay open until those parks closed. although since the accident sometimes the Epcot monorail closes earlier than Epcot.

also if BLT/CR still shares with Poly/GF then the dd bus after CR/BLT goes to Polyn then GF - (but really don't think you will need to do this)

Pretty sure the answer is no - that say ask at the front desk and if they say no (but I doubt it) - call the GF if you are eating at one of the restuarants they will provide transportation (or they did - still think they do) - this is a van that picks you up in front of BLT or GF

for riding the resort monorail it depends upon how long the MK or Epcot is open that night. It did stay open until those parks closed. although since the accident sometimes the Epcot monorail closes earlier than Epcot.

also if BLT/CR still shares with Poly/GF then the dd bus after CR/BLT goes to Polyn then GF - (but really don't think you will need to do this)

What makes you think the answer is no? The times guide posted shows that the monorail runs until 1-2 AM. It could be different during different times of year, but we don’t know when OP’s trip is.

What makes you think the answer is no? The times guide posted shows that the monorail runs until 1-2 AM. It could be different during different times of year, but we don’t know when OP’s trip is.

you are correct - but they have definitely cut back on the hours for the monorail - it keeps having problems. I have seem it stopped before it gets to CR several times. sometimes it is just a 15 minute stop - other times longer. Either the monorail does have problems - or the people who run the thing need to be retrained.

It is not the wonderful thing it was. Between walking to the Mk and back or taking the monorail - I will walk.

It's during my wedding in November. I'm trying to see if it's doable to take the monorail back at the end of the night. Is there a place where last years times might still be listed so I could compare? It's a holiday and a busy time so I figure the parks will probably be open a little later than normal.

It's during my wedding in November. I'm trying to see if it's doable to take the monorail back at the end of the night. Is there a place where last years times might still be listed so I could compare? It's a holiday and a busy time so I figure the parks will probably be open a little later than normal.

Disney Talk Blog has a lot of Times Guides archived.:)

You may can find your week from last year.

https://disneytalkblog.wordpress.com/category/times-guides/

upload_2018-4-6_8-39-51.png

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter