Monarail at the Poly

Another option is walking to the TTC and getting on the Express Monorail which goes to the Magic Kingdom. Although in the time it takes to do that you could have used the Resort Monorail from the Poly. Also the only time this could not be done is when the Magic Kingdom is having AM EMH, because the Express Monorail does not start until 9:00 AM when the offsite guests are allowed into the Magic Kingdom.

The TTC is the Transportation & Ticket Center. It's the parking lot for the Magic Kingdom for guests coming from offsite Hotels. It's also where the Express Monorail to the Magic Kingdom is and the Express Monorail to Epcot are located. Plus there is a boat which goes to and from the Magic Kingdom. Finally they have the walkway to and from the Polynesian.

TTC is the Transportation and ticket Center. It is where everyone visiting MK goes to catch the ride to MK. There is a boat over to MK from there and monorails to both MK and Epcot. You can also purchase tickets there. TTC is located next to the Poly, so it a short walk to it. Jay

There is also a boat from Poly to MK. The boat shares with GF but goes Poly to MK to GF to Poly.....

I think the monorail starts earlier in the morning than the boat.

we prefer to take the boat, as there are no stops between the Poly and MK, as lovedumbo mentioned above. As long as it is a dry day then it is lovely, even on a cold december morning, we loved heading over this way, and then coming back we'd take the monorail.

Val

The little launch and the monorail are both great ways to travel to the MK. The resort monorail runs more frequently than the launches.

The big ferry from the TTC is another option especially if using a doublewide stroller, wheelchair or ECV. Roll on and off quite easily. The TTC is quite close to Rapa Nui and Tahiti and a short walk from Tokelau.

I would not walk over to the TTC for the Express monorail. That line often extends down the ramp. You're paying big bucks for the resort monorail so I'd enjoy that one if going to the MK.

All of these options are wonderful, and IMO, this is what makes the Poly so convenient.

Whether it's easier to use the monorail, boat or TTC...I think that depends upon what long house you're in. Trying all the different choices is fun; and by the time you figure out the best way, it's time to schedule the next trip (when you'll likely end up in a different long house).

We were in the Tahiti building and went to the TTC to catch the resort monorail. From the Tahiti building it was faster for us to walk to the TTC then to the GCH. As someone else mentioned, the Express Monorail usually has a long line. Also, you don't have to fold your stroller on the monorail.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter