Mom & Son - The Last Time? An August TIW DR! 10/22 - I am Back. Updates x 8!

Posting from WDW now! It sounds like your trip is going really well - I hope it continues. :goodvibes

Ironic that you chose to leave out DHS today - that's where I've been! Our first day has been full of ups and downs, but the DHS portion has been all ups. :thumbsup2

Joining in! Glad I made it before all the food updates. I love that you are doing a mom/son trip.

Hey there :)

Hope you are having an awesome time - I'm interested to see the menu changes at Artist Point :)

Posting from WDW now! It sounds like your trip is going really well - I hope it continues. :goodvibes

Ironic that you chose to leave out DHS today - that's where I've been! Our first day has been full of ups and downs, but the DHS portion has been all ups. :thumbsup2

Hey, welcome to the surface of the sun! I cannot believe how hot it has been! It is supposed to be 10+ degrees cooler starting Thursday. Hope your "downs" weren't anything serious!

Joining in! Glad I made it before all the food updates. I love that you are doing a mom/son trip.

Thanks & welcome!

Hey there :)

Hope you are having an awesome time - I'm interested to see the menu changes at Artist Point :)

I was so happy when we sat down & I saw it was a new menu. The last one just didn't thrill me. Pretty sure I texted it to Rachel for the live thread, hopefully she posted. I thought of you when Andrew had the veggie pasta. It was sooooo good. The pasta itself was really good.

Changes, changes, changes - so unlike you Vicki ;)

Hope you are enjoying the heat - our heat wave here in blighty appears to have disappeared so I am very jealous. I will be following along to get some ideas for mine and Sian's girly trip in March. We don't normally eat on site too much so I am really looking forward to a whole week of Disney dining.

Changes, changes, changes - so unlike you Vicki ;)

Hope you are enjoying the heat - our heat wave here in blighty appears to have disappeared so I am very jealous. I will be following along to get some ideas for mine and Sian's girly trip in March. We don't normally eat on site too much so I am really looking forward to a whole week of Disney dining.

And we are still making changes on the fly while here! The heat is taking its toll on us, that's for sure! We are still have a fantastic time, but haven't really stuck to many of my so carefully made plans! :upsidedow

Welcome!

So Day Two brought some changes. We had an excellent lunch at Coral Reef but the heat changed our dinner plans. Decided it was just too hot to deal with going to DHS for Sci Fi so we cancelled and made an ADR at Biergarten. Then decided it was also too hot to hang out in EPCOT so we cancelled that to come back & chill a bit at the hotel before going to Artist Point. The menu was different than the ones I have seen online. We were told the changes were just made this week. We had a WONDERFUL dinner. I am soooo happy we made the change!

Glad to hear you started off well! I need to go check out the live thread for your AP dinner! I'm so tempted to book that our arrival night but just don't want to chance it. They may have walk ups since I still see several available times.

Hey, welcome to the surface of the sun! I cannot believe how hot it has been! It is supposed to be 10+ degrees cooler starting Thursday.

Whew! Glad to know he are arriving during the cool down! But looking at the 10 day forecast it is back up to 90. Ugh!

Well, I guess I'm not too late to join the party! I'm so happy you guys got to take this trip! I totally remember reading your report from Coral Reef and thinking how wonderful it was. I can't believe it was that long ago!!

Hope you're having a great time! :)

Can't wait to see the next installment!

Lee Ann princess:

Welcome!

Glad to hear you started off well! I need to go check out the live thread for your AP dinner! I'm so tempted to book that our arrival night but just don't want to chance it. They may have walk ups since I still see several available times.

Whew! Glad to know he are arriving during the cool down! But looking at the 10 day forecast it is back up to 90. Ugh!

AP was only about 1/2 full the entire time we were there. If I remember right, you are a tomato mozzarella salad girl, right? I had the best one I have ever had at AP the other night. It was good enough I would love to go back & have it again! I say go for it. You know I was down on AP, but it has totally redeemed itself with this newest menu.

And it is still Hades hot. Now it is just downpouring in the afternoon as well. Typical Florida in August!

Well, I guess I'm not too late to join the party! I'm so happy you guys got to take this trip! I totally remember reading your report from Coral Reef and thinking how wonderful it was. I can't believe it was that long ago!!

Hope you're having a great time! :)

Can you believe that first CR review was 5 years ago?! Wow, time has flown. We are having a FANTASTIC time. I am starting to feel the "its almost over" sad set in.

Hi Vicki!!!!

What's the chance you'll make a trip to the world in October??? lol Mike & I are actually getting to WDW (plane tickets bought....so it's really happening). Derek decided to do a 2nd go around on the Disney College Program, so we're going to visit him Oct 8-12.

If you happen to get on one of the boats from DTD to POR (and I think there's a couple different resorts).....look for the tall, blonde captain to see if it's him!!

Enjoy your trip!!

Hi Vicki! Hope it cooled down some! Can't wait to see your reviews. We just booked one night at WL at the start of our adults only F&W trip. I was planning to do a light dinner at the Territory Lounge but maybe I need to rethink AP.

Hi Vicki!!!!

What's the chance you'll make a trip to the world in October??? lol Mike & I are actually getting to WDW (plane tickets bought....so it's really happening). Derek decided to do a 2nd go around on the Disney College Program, so we're going to visit him Oct 8-12.

If you happen to get on one of the boats from DTD to POR (and I think there's a couple different resorts).....look for the tall, blonde captain to see if it's him!!

Enjoy your trip!!

Hi Laurie! Unfortunately no trip in October. My AP has officially expired. :sad: We did not make if over POR way to see Derek. I am so happy to hear that you are Mike are getting to take this trip! I know WDW is a dream for you and you two deserve the time together more than anyone else I know!

Hi Vicki! Hope it cooled down some! Can't wait to see your reviews. We just booked one night at WL at the start of our adults only F&W trip. I was planning to do a light dinner at the Territory Lounge but maybe I need to rethink AP.

It never really cooled down but that's Ok. We dealt with it! AP was really great this year. I am sure that you will be happy with whichever you decide.

Subscribing. Can't wait to read.

Thanks! Hope to get started this weekend!

Yes, we are home. :( We had a WONDERFUL trip. I may have changed every plan that I had so carefully made! ;)

The heat did influence a few changes but mostly we just felt like something other than what I had planned. The app on the iPhone made it so easy to change on the fly! :thumbsup2

First day back at work & I had the late shift last night so no catch up on sleep yet! I hope to get the pictures organized to start our review over the weekend.

I'm sorry your trip is over. :( I'm really looking forward to reading all about your dining adventures, though. Glad you had a great time! :thumbsup2

Hi Laurie! Unfortunately no trip in October. My AP has officially expired. :sad: We did not make if over POR way to see Derek. I am so happy to hear that you are Mike are getting to take this trip! I know WDW is a dream for you and you two deserve the time together more than anyone else I know!

Awwwwwww, bummer.......would have been awesome to see you again.....this time on your "turf"......lol

Did you actually see Derek (talk to him)? He didn't mention it...... he tends to be somewhat quiet about things (always have to drag info out of him).

Thank You.....we're very excited!!

Yes, we are home. :( We had a WONDERFUL trip. I may have changed every plan that I had so carefully made! ;)

The heat did influence a few changes but mostly we just felt like something other than what I had planned. The app on the iPhone made it so easy to change on the fly! :thumbsup2

First day back at work & I had the late shift last night so no catch up on sleep yet! I hope to get the pictures organized to start our review over the weekend.

Welcome home!
So looking forward to your reviews ... Bring it on!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter