Mom & Son - The Bonus Trip! May 24th - 31st Update 8/7 - Y&Y and now complete!

GoofySon'sMom

DIS Veteran
Hello All! Welcome to a very pleasant surprise of a trip for me! As some of you know, DS and I have taken several trips together over the years. Our last Mom & Son trip was August of 2013 and I really expected that to be the last as he was graduating and going off to College in 2014. March of 2015 he was home for Spring Break and I couldn't take any time off work due to a Core conversion. I jokingly said "heck, next year we are going to Disney for your break". Fast forward to our August 2015 trip with DH and DS's girlfriend. Of course DS and his DGF spent more time together than DS and I. I made a comment to him on the last day of the trip that I hadn't spent much time with him that week and he replied "We are coming back in March, right?" Well, Yes, YES we are!

Thus this unexpected Mom & Son trip was born. Circumstances beyond our control caused me to have to move the trip from March to May but here we finally are, 4 days from our trip!

This is me from our most recent trip as a foursome in January ...

I am happy to say that I have lost 35 pounds since that picture due to Weight Watchers and an awesome gym program thru my work. When we get back I will post a picture that hopefully shows a bit less of me!

And one of DS

Disney finally announced the dining packages for the "not Rivers of Light" Jungle Book show today so I was finally able to finalize our plans. I am very happy that DS will be with me to see the AK night time activities. A bit bummed that we will miss the new Soarin' and Frozen Ever After. So bummed that I booked a quick trip in July for his DGF and I to sneak down and see them! But that is a whole nother trip report!

And what are these oh so carefully planned and then changed and then changed some more plans?

We arrive late on Tuesday night, May 24th. Really it will be the 25th as we do not even land until after midnight. We are both working a full day and then travelling so it will be a very long day for us.

Wednesday, May 25th
Later Breakfast at Kona (so we can sleep in a bit!) Changed to Early Lunch
Dinner at The Wave

Thursday, May 26th
Breakfast at Garden Grill
Flower and Garden Snacks
Dinner at Le Cellier (DS's only request)
Late Night Snack at Beaches & Cream (new for us!)

Friday, May 27th
Lunch at Via Napoli
Snacks in Disney Springs
Late Appetizers/Dessert at California Grill

Saturday, May 28th
Brunch at Trails End (new for us!)
Club Villain (So excited for this!!)
Star Wars Dessert Party (meeting up with my sister & nephew for this)

Sunday, May 29th
Breakfast at Crystal Palace (with sis & nephew)
More Disney Springs Snacks
Dinner at Coral Reef (again with my sister & nephew)
Dessert at Ample Hills Creamery

Monday, May 30th
Lunch at Tiffins
Dinner at Yak & Yeti

Tuesday, May 31st
Breakfast at Be Our Guest

So that's it. Couple of special events and a couple of new places for us. After having to postpone the trip in March, I just really cannot wait to get there at this point!

Last edited:
You know I wouldn't miss another Mom & Son adventure. And congrats on your weight loss!!!!!

This is going to be fun!!! Hope your trip is full of fun and loads of pixie dust!! pixiedust:

Wahooo! I hope you have a great trip, your food lineup sounds amazing! So we'll all be waiting for some great reviews ;)

Congrats on your weight loss with WW. It's a fantastic program. Points don't count in Disney!

Congratulations to you! I'm so happy for you for the unexpected trip too. You have some great dining adventures on your list. I'm looking forward to seeing Tiffins as well as Club Villain, which I've never even heard of!

Wahooo! I hope you have a great trip, your food lineup sounds amazing! So we'll all be waiting for some great reviews ;)

Congrats on your weight loss with WW. It's a fantastic program. Points don't count in Disney!

Thank you! Unfortunately the points probably do count but I am not going to count them. I am just hoping to minimize the gain with all that walking! Trying to convince DS that he wants to share some meals with me!

Congratulations to you! I'm so happy for you for the unexpected trip too. You have some great dining adventures on your list. I'm looking forward to seeing Tiffins as well as Club Villain, which I've never even heard of!

I am really looking forward to Club Villain! The reviews I have read make it sounds so fun!

Ok, so those of you that have read any of our previous reviews know that I constantly change my mind and therefore my plans! So couple of updates. Switched out 'Ohana for Kona to save a few pennies and maybe some calories. Also was able to get a BoG breakfast for our last morning. Not sure if we will end up keeping it though. Also was able to get Crystal Palace on a morning my sister and 9 year old nephew will be joining us. Because we are getting up earlier than either of us like several days in a row, I cancelled our Tusker House Jungle Book breakfast and booked a FP instead.

Maybe I am done making changes ..... you never know with me! LOL

Love that you are getting another Mother/Son trip! Looking forward to following along, congrats on the weight loss :goodvibes

Well hello!! Congrats on your weight loss! I lost about 20 on weight watchers but gained some back... so I need to get back into the program considering I am still paying! Enjoy your trip!!!

Yay for mother/son trips! Congratulations on the weight loss!

Looking forward to reading more :-)

Today is May 27 so you are on your trip. I am looking forward to reading your reviews when you return.

Ok, so it has taken me forever to get these reviews started! Very hard getting back into the routine of life after an absolutely fantastic trip! Let's get started, shall we?

After a long day of travel, I knew that I had to cancel our planned Kona breakfast. So we slept in a bit, got up & checked my phone to confirm we could go to Kona for lunch. After taking the bus to the MK and the boat to the Poly, someone was a bit salty that Pop does not have coffee makers in the rooms!

But this made it better while we waited for our ADR ...

After enjoying so very nice quiet time in the new lobby, we were seated for our lunch

Started with some iced tea ...

We were pretty hungry after an early dinner at the airport Quinzos on Tuesday night and no breakfast so we decided to share The Volcano Roll

And some potstickers ...

Both were very good. The sushi was fresh and had a nice kick. We have had the potstickers several times before and they were solid. Not as good as 'Ohanas but they hit the spot

Andrew tried the fish tacos

He is still talking about how good these were. He prefers his fish tacos with grilled fish (I prefer the fried, crunchy kind!) and these were perfect for him. Very light, white fish. Nice hint of lime on the greens. We would definitely go back for these

I had the Asian noodles with chicken

This was actually quite good. The chicken and veggies had a nice almost chargrilled flavor to them. All in all we were very pleased with lunch. And unlike previous trips to Kona, our service was actually good!

Since starting WW, I have some gum when I am done with a meal so that I won't eat any more. Of course I forgot my gum in the room and WDW doesn't see gum so DS bought me these ...

These did their job for the rest of the trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter