Mom of 3 Boyz!

momofboyz3

DIS Veteran
Great idea whoever started this! :chat:
I'm a single mom of 3 boys, been single for 12 yrs. I financially support us as my ex has been long gone. Our FIRST vacation was 2 years ago & it was a decision I made at 2am while online & decided to go to WDW! Best decision I've ever made. People thought I was insane... I mean a single parent going to WDW?!?! It was hands down the best week of my life! Memories Made! I was all over the dis & planned the trip to a T.
I'm now planning April 2016! My boys will be: 16, 16 & 12.:)
I look forward to being a part of this cute little community of other single parents!
:yay:

Welcome - and kudos to you for taking on the world with THREE boys! Our first trip was a bit like that; snap decision, vacation booked, and then plunging into the DIS with both feet and hoping that I managed to pull it off!

It is a nice little corner of the board, yes? It's helped me break my 'lurking' habit, and after learning so darn much on these forums, I'm looking forward to learning even more that will fit in with my own personal touring/vacation/family style!

Our first trip was kind of like that too. We were planning to go all of us after ds was a year old if dh could get more control over his health. After he died I was like why wait. Well I had no money but I got on here and started doing research. At the end of August we got the school calendar and I saw my daughter had the entire week of Thanksgiving off from school. Went home that night and booked the package and several ADRs. The next day I bought the plane tickets. Had no idea how I was going to pay for the trip with it less than 3 months away; but some unexpected money came and we made it, was even able to buy my son (10 months at the time) a seat on the plane. I had originally booked him as a lap child. We've been going ever since.

Welcome! I think vacations are especially important for single parent households. Because we need to support our family, we spend a lot of time away from our children. Vacation is that extra special time where we have extended 24/7 time with them to make memories. Vacations are my favorite times with DS! I work hard to plan and budget for vacations for us :)

Oh, I feel so much better after reading this. I am taking my three daughters on my own to Disney World in four weeks time (ages 2, 9 and 10 yrs), even though we've been before I'm pretty terrified at the idea of doing it on my own (especially all the way from the UK) and I am worrying that having my two year old will stop the older two doing so many things. I can't leave the toddler (who is extremely demanding and strong willed), with the 10 year old to do a rider swap etc. They say they understand though which is very sweet of them. We've all had such an incredibly difficult few years that I feel that they desperately deserve this trip. Discovering this forum has really helped.

Oh, I feel so much better after reading this. I am taking my three daughters on my own to Disney World in four weeks time (ages 2, 9 and 10 yrs), even though we've been before I'm pretty terrified at the idea of doing it on my own (especially all the way from the UK) and I am worrying that having my two year old will stop the older two doing so many things. I can't leave the toddler (who is extremely demanding and strong willed), with the 10 year old to do a rider swap etc. They say they understand though which is very sweet of them. We've all had such an incredibly difficult few years that I feel that they desperately deserve this trip. Discovering this forum has really helped.

What a great way to celebrate making it through difficult times! I did the same thing with my DS (1). We went on a Disney cruise (just the two of us) for his first birthday. We celebrated making it through a difficult first year.

You and your children are going to have a great vacation!

Last edited:
COGRATULATIONS on your upcoming WDW TRIP :sunny:
You and your girls deserve it and I'm sooo excited for you! Can the 2 older ones go on a few rides by themselves, maybe??! I'm thinking this will just be a nice relaxed, well deserved vacation for you all. Just take it all slow... Stop and smell the flowers. You all will have a wonderful time! Can't wait to hear all about it!!! Where are you staying???? :lovestruc

Oh, thank you everyone, you're all so lovely and friendly! This is all so new and daunting for me but I'm excited about spending some real quality time away with my girls. You're right I just need to take it slow and realise we won't get everything done. Yes, I'm hoping the older girls will be ok going on some rides alone, they are pretty confident. We all chose POFQ as it's their favourite resort and it's nice and small so they'll be ok popping to the food court or back to the room on their own. Also, I'm not driving so I thought it would be lovely and relaxing taking the boat to Disney Springs. I am planning on visiting the parks in the morning then the pool in the afternoon and resort time watching movies or taking the boat in the evenings with a few evenings at the parks thrown in toward the end of our trip. We also really enjoy strolling along the river to PORS so that will give us a little variety with pools, food court etc.

Oh, thank you everyone, you're all so lovely and friendly! This is all so new and daunting for me but I'm excited about spending some real quality time away with my girls. You're right I just need to take it slow and realise we won't get everything done. Yes, I'm hoping the older girls will be ok going on some rides alone, they are pretty confident. We all chose POFQ as it's their favourite resort and it's nice and small so they'll be ok popping to the food court or back to the room on their own. Also, I'm not driving so I thought it would be lovely and relaxing taking the boat to Disney Springs. I am planning on visiting the parks in the morning then the pool in the afternoon and resort time watching movies or taking the boat in the evenings with a few evenings at the parks thrown in toward the end of our trip. We also really enjoy strolling along the river to PORS so that will give us a little variety with pools, food court etc.

That sounds like a really nice plan. Savor every moment with your girls! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter