Mom here. What to do at a bonfire birthday party?

marthachick

Traveling Grammy
Sorry to invade your space but thought I'd get a teen perspective on this. DS is turning 17 Saturday & we're having a bonfire party. Hot dogs to roast & smores to make. What else can I plan for the group? Or is it better not to plan too much? About 15 - 20 friends coming. Help! TIA!

Music is a must!! Maybe do some barbeque games, like badminton, shuffleboard, etc.

There aren't a lot of activities to do at night. But all of the guests can just sit around, eat, talk, listen to music, and have fun. It'll be a chill party

Make sure you have lots of food. :teeth:

Capture the Flag at night is awesome to play.

I wouldn't plan too much, parties are usually better with no schedules. Snack foods like cheese puffs and such are always fun. Speakers of some sort hooked up to an ipod are good. Playing manhunt is always fun! Flashlights are good to have too to see around the yard, or just for fun. Maybe bring out a soccer ball or football, and people can play with those if they want. If it's legal in your state and you think its okay, sparklers or other fireworks could be entertaining. Just don't stress out over planning the perfect party, because most times teens don't do planned activities at parties and just let the party run its course. :)

Great ideas so far! Thanks! And I already knew about the lots of food! :thumbsup2 How about flashlight tag?

1.Music
2.Food

from past experiences, parties can be better without schedules, but manhunt is very fun to play at night.

Ha! My mom wanted me to have a bonfire for my 17th bday party last week but I said no :p

I think that unplanned parties are the best. Just make sure there's lots of food, music, and people. If everyone gets along together, it should be fine.

Jail break is an awesome game too.

Flashlight tag is so much fun! Definitely do that.
Other than that, just make sure you have a steady supply of both food and music and the party will be awesome.

Ha! My mom wanted me to have a bonfire for my 17th bday party last week but I said no :p

I think that unplanned parties are the best. Just make sure there's lots of food, music, and people. If everyone gets along together, it should be fine.

Jail break is an awesome game too.

What kind of party did you do? He asked for the bonfire because his friends want to do it too. We live in a secluded area with no close neighbors and most of the friends live with neighbors nearby. I think they like that we won't disturb anyone no matter how loud they get. ;)

What kind of party did you do? He asked for the bonfire because his friends want to do it too. We live in a secluded area with no close neighbors and most of the friends live with neighbors nearby. I think they like that we won't disturb anyone no matter how loud they get. ;)

The secluded area is a definite bonus! I'm pretty sure my neighbor would have crashed my party if I had a bonfire. :sad2:

Instead of having a big party, I just took a small group of friends to six flags :-)

I like bonfires...but IMO I wouldn't want to play the games?
It sounds just, too childish. BUT THAT'S JUST ME!

Unplanned parties at bonfires are the best. Music, food, blah blah is always a must :)

BandGeek - Six flags? That sounds like fun. We took him & his friend to Scarowinds last year. We had fun.

Disney.Ears - I don't think they'll want to do many games either, but I thought I'd at least have some things in mind in case they seemed bored.

He's hoping his granddad will do a hay ride for them. Not sure on that yet though.

Thanks to everyone for the ideas. :hippie:

I know I'm late, but you'll :lovestruc this one xD (well, your teen will)

Get any old wooden furniture you don't want anymore/other items/old christmas tree. Also get fire extinguisher -just in case, but it can also be a fun par-tay game by itself :rolleyes: -.

I think we all know what comes next :p.

-cue "burn, baby, burn"-

Yeah, music. Food.

Also have extra stuff, because in my experience, burning things can take up hours.

Outdoor games; flashlight tag, jailbreak :-)goodvibes!), ghost in the graveyard and definitely capture the flag.

For a chill party, music and food is really all that's needed.

i'm assuming there will be 16-18 year olds at the party (guessing one year up and one year down?)

they don't need much to do. give them music. give them food. they'll just chill and hang out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter