Mom bailed, now we get to stay AKL CL. I have a few ?'s

mapmakerj

DIS Veteran
My mom was all on board (even got park passes) for our trip next summer. She and my DS got to pick the hotels WL CY view 6 nts and AKL SV 6 nts, followed by RPR for 3. (If it were up to me and DH we would just move in and live at AKL) Well, my Great Aunt just got back from DW with her family and got my mom all worked up about the heat and crowds and the walking and said there is no way she would go in the summer. Mom said she now changed her mind because of that and the fact that she now doesn't want to go without my DStepD. (He encouraged her to go and he has no interest in ever going to DW). I tried to calm her down but, after much discussion, she is not going. My DM was paying for 1/2 the hotel and without her, we would have to re-think our stays. My DS was really upset and my DM told him that she wanted him to still have the vacation of his dreams so she is going to give us the hotel money anyway for our BD and Christmas presents this year. So, the dream of my family is to stay AKL CL and go on the Sunrise Safari. We recalculated our budget and the hotel and food costs and are now doing 4 nts ASMu, 7 AKL CL and our stay at RPR.
I am sooo excited! I am also very concerned about not getting CL if I don't book early enough. How far in advance should I book? We are going 6/09 and if I wait for AAA rates to come out in Aug, do you think I will still get a room? Can I book rack and then apply AAA when it comes out? This will be our 1st ever stay in CL anywhere. I have read all the threads about AKL Cl and it sounds absolutely wonderful! Also, where exactly is the lounge? I have stayed at AKL so I know the layout but I never knew where the lounge was. Thanks!

I would like some info as well. DH and I want to use our points to stay here at Concierge level. We want to do the Sunrise/Sunset safari. Am I correct to say it comes with either breakfast or dinner. How does this work? Does the tour cost extra and if so how much? Details would be very much appreciated! TIA!

I would like some info as well. DH and I want to use our points to stay here at Concierge level. We want to do the Sunrise/Sunset safari. Am I correct to say it comes with either breakfast or dinner. How does this work? Does the tour cost extra and if so how much? Details would be very much appreciated! TIA!

DVC AKV concierge is on a different floor from the resort CL. For more info on that check out the DVC forums.

I can't remember exactly when I booked our AKL CL room for this August. It was awhile ago, because we have had our airfare ticketed since November. But I will tell you I have called MULTIPLE times to try to get a AAA rate and all I can get is rack rate. I tried 2 different sets of dates, I tried adding and subtracting nights, I tried all sorts of things and I could NOT get the room discounted.

Even though I booked the room myself my AAA agent was nice enough to call and see if SHE could get a AAA rate, and she couldn't get it, either. She even went night by night to see if there was one particular date that was messing it up and NONE of our nights were available for a AAA discount.

Hopefully you will be able to get a AAA rate for your nights! :wizard:

I was checking the AP website yesterday to see if any other resorts opened up for my May 4th - 7th portion of my split stay and I found a deal at the AKL Club Level. I quickly called and changed my reservation, so now I'm at the AKL CL for my birthday. Keep checking as it gets closer, you may get lucky to!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter