Anyone getting insane amounts of pop ups?

Had the issue on my phone for a while, downloaded the DIS app thinking it would help, but its just a web viewer tool, so same issues.
And just recently I have started to also have issues on my MacBook.
It makes me not want to come to the site, and I LOVE the site.

I would implore the DIS team to consider another way to get the ad revenue and use a platform that is more user friendly.
PLEASE! And thank you.

Yep, having the same problems on my phone and MacBook. I'm kind of surprised I'm able to post this before something pops up.

Still coming with a vengeance today. Our power has been out for a bit, desktop not on, using phone. :headache: :crazy2:

Its worse now. I see no mods replied. Sad actually. On other sites they can fix this in a day or two. The site is almost not usable. And i have an ad blocker on my phone. This is the only site i have problems.
I think you might be referring to the Webmasters, not the mods in general. They can do what we can't when it comes to the technical stuff. And some of us are getting hit with the pop up ads just as hard as the rest of you -- to the point where it is almost impossible to moderate these boards because we can't read or post anything unless we install an ad blocker.

Sorry , i stand corected. You guys dont have like a super mod? That has conections to the webmasters?

Sorry , i stand corected. You guys dont have like a super mod? That has conections to the webmasters?
The mods moderate the forums, that's it. They don't have access to change configurations. They don't make changes to the ad content or anything. Just police content.

I am on a bunch of other fourms, when this stuff happens the mod calls in , i guess the webmaster and its fixed in like a day. Things like device /operating system/ etc are needed to fix it but its always the mods that start the action. I guess its diffrent here.

The only thing I've found that works on my iphone is to turn off JavaScript. I don't have the problem at all now on the boards. Settings>Safari>Advanced>Click the slide beside JavaScript.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter