Mods, i know your working on it but the swap ads to the fake Walmart site are worse.

Sjm9911

DIS Veteran
Just as i said, its getting worse ,not better. I get redirected a few times per thread. Even if i put the phone down and turn off the screen, the announcement comes over the phone in 10 minutes. Andriod, galaxy s9+ .

bluezy

DIS Veteran
Just as i said, its getting worse ,not better. I get redirected a few times per thread. Even if i put the phone down and turn off the screen, the announcement comes over the phone in 10 minutes. Andriod, galaxy s9+ .
I've noticed that happening frequently today. Same phone.

• theluckyrabbit

Ad Blocker Plus is great!
    Even the free version of AdGuard is great -- huge, huge difference on my phone and on my laptop. No more crippling pop up ads on my phone or forced scroll-to-the-bottom ads on my laptop.

Last edited:
  • Sjm9911

DIS Veteran
    Its worse now. I see no mods replied. Sad actually. On other sites they can fix this in a day or two. The site is almost not usable. And i have an ad blocker on my phone. This is the only site i have problems.

theluckyrabbit

Its worse now. I see no mods replied. Sad actually. On other sites they can fix this in a day or two. The site is almost not usable. And i have an ad blocker on my phone. This is the only site i have problems.
    I think you might be referring to the Webmasters, not the mods in general. They can do what we can't when it comes to the technical stuff. And some of us are getting hit with the pop up ads just as hard as the rest of you -- to the point where it is almost impossible to moderate these boards because we can't read or post anything unless we install an ad blocker.

• FlightlessDuck

Y kant Donald fly?
    Sorry , i stand corected. You guys dont have like a super mod? That has conections to the webmasters?
    The mods moderate the forums, that's it. They don't have access to change configurations. They don't make changes to the ad content or anything. Just police content.

Sjm9911

DIS Veteran
    I am on a bunch of other fourms, when this stuff happens the mod calls in , i guess the webmaster and its fixed in like a day. Things like device /operating system/ etc are needed to fix it but its always the mods that start the action. I guess its diffrent here.

JBeaty0507

Mouseketeer
    The only thing I've found that works on my iphone is to turn off JavaScript. I don't have the problem at all now on the boards. Settings>Safari>Advanced>Click the slide beside JavaScript.

mom2rtk

Invented the term "Characterpalooza"
    Never a problem on my desktop with Adblock Plus running.

Consistently a problem on my Android phone. Installed Adblock Plus but still had the problem. Did some research and found out Ad blockers work differently on phones and for the Android at least, you needed a browser with the ad blocker integrated. It sounds like that's just what @starry_solo did.

Switched to an iphone this summer, where apparently this works differentl . Added the Adblock Plus app and haven't had any issues at all.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates