Modified DVC reservation updating in My Disney Experience

vicarrieous

DIS Veteran
How long does it take for your reservation to update in MDE once you have modified it?

A little background...I modified a reservation I have for January to drop a day. MDE still shows the old length of trip. I tried to relink but it says its already been linked. Will it automatically change after a period of time?

How long does it take for your reservation to update in MDE once you have modified it?

A little background...I modified a reservation I have for January to drop a day. MDE still shows the old length of trip. I tried to relink but it says its already been linked. Will it automatically change after a period of time?
It should update within 24-48 hours although there have been multiple posts to the contrary lately.

There is a bug right now. Just go in and either do the online check-in for the first time on the reservation or update your existing reservation (even if you don't change anything). It will then update in the MDE.

ETA: The bug seems to be that the MDE is not updating to the latest iteration of a reservation UNLESS online check in is modified. We learned in our pre-DVC days that your reservation number shows all iterations of your stay (we used to be serial modifiers as sometimes the cast member would reference an old iteration). For whatever reason the MDE is not jumping to the newest iteration without that modification.

My trip has really changed months ago, and it's still the old way in MDE. I will try to update our online check in.

I changed a trip from Vero to Boardwalk to Animal Kingdom and back to Vero yesterday. It updated within 15 minutes each time.

Was this on the DVC site or on the MDE? Vero wouldn't even show up on the MDE would it?
Yes, Vero Beach and Hilton Head both show up in MDE. Aulani has their own portal, but it's also connected to your Family and Friends list so you can link up that way. It (should, in theory) also allow you to use MagicBands as room keys at those resorts.

Yes, Vero Beach and Hilton Head both show up in MDE. Aulani has their own portal, but it's also connected to your Family and Friends list so you can link up that way. It (should, in theory) also allow you to use MagicBands as room keys at those resorts.
OK. We once had a HHI reservation and it would not allow linking into MDE, that's why I asked.

I actually did an online chat to fix my spring trip in MDE which had not updated after several weeks. The CM said there was an known issue with this updating function. I had changed the ressie a couple of times but MDE still had the original dates.

He was able to update it. Took about 10 minutes to do but looks fine now.

This was before I saw folks were able to update by doing online checkin or I might have tried that.

I noticed this but logged out and closed the app it sorted itself out when I logged back in

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter