Moderate Resorts

DisneyChick

Earning My Ears
I need help choosing a moderate resort. We will be 5 adults and a 10 month old (yes we will need two rooms). We are DVC members who are out of points, thus going cash reservation. Usually we do a deluxe but without fall discounts are looking at a moderate to save some $$$. I would love to try the new Destino Tower but there isn’t a room availability for our preferred end of Sept. dates. We have stayed at all of the moderates back in the days before we went DVC, but that was over 11 years ago. Any and all feedback/thoughts are greatly appreciated!!! Thanks much!!!

We too are DVC and tend to stay moderate when we're low/out of points. Our family has always enjoyed Port Orleans Riverside. It's quiet, the feature pool entertains our kids, and the grounds are lovely. And a year+ ago we tried Caribbean Beach for the first time, and liked their renovated rooms. The resort was under construction/renovation with temporary food options, and it was winter so can't vouch for much else.

My pick for mod is POFQ for the smallishness, one bus stop layout, & boat to DS.

But, a royal room at POR might be worth a try with kids (10 mo old but be too young to bother)

CBR might be worth a look for the new skyliner & restaurant options.

We are recent DVC owners, but have stayed at all of the moderates pre-DVC. Our fav is POR, it's just lovely and has a relaxed and beautiful feel. A close second is Coronado. We were surprised how much we liked it, and we stayed during the heart of the renovations. I'm sure it's even nicer now. None of us really cared for Caribbean Beach, surprisingly enough... maybe it's because we were so far away from the main pool and food. Honestly, they are all great in their own ways, and you will have a great stay no matter where you book.

Another vote for POFQ. It's a small resort, quiet, nice pool, one bus stop, boat to Disney Springs. Can walk to POR. Overall, relaxing feel.

POFQ. Smaller in size and super easy/quick walk to transportation, food court, pool, etc.

By far my favorite moderate is French Quarter. We would still be staying there every trip but I made the mistake of taking the girls on a trip and we stayed at Animal Kingdom and now they insist that they are deluxe girls. Sigh children

I'd stay either of the POR resorts ( POFQ is much more intimate and I love the theme but I don't like their pool - POR is spread out but the grounds are beautiful ).

I would keep checking on Gran Destino though - I think a lot of people have jumped to make reservations and they may or may not be able to actually go. You may see some cancelations coming up in the next few weeks.

CSR, the rooms are recently renovated and there is the new dining options.

Maybe CBR with a preferred room. POR was a favorite but with the dog friendly designation it's off the list. POFQ is not one I would ever return.

We absolutely loved POR and will be returning in the future. It has such a relaxed feel and the resort is beautiful. POFQ looks amazing as well, and is much smaller, which is nice.

We absolutely loved POR and will be returning in the future. It has such a relaxed feel and the resort is beautiful. POFQ looks amazing as well, and is much smaller, which is nice.
I need help choosing a moderate resort. We will be 5 adults and a 10 month old (yes we will need two rooms). We are DVC members who are out of points, thus going cash reservation. Usually we do a deluxe but without fall discounts are looking at a moderate to save some $$$. I would love to try the new Destino Tower but there isn’t a room availability for our preferred end of Sept. dates. We have stayed at all of the moderates back in the days before we went DVC, but that was over 11 years ago. Any and all feedback/thoughts are greatly appreciated!!! Thanks much!!!
Thanks everyone for the suggestions!!! We decided on POFQ!!!

Don't give up on Destino yet. Try again 31', 30, and 29 days before arrival, then it that doesn't work, try again six and five days out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter