moderate question

2minny

DIS Veteran
Okay, we've always stayed at POR, this trip we have reservations at Coronado Springs for a change. HOwever now we need to change our dates and Coronado Springs doesnt' have openings for our new dates. They do have openings for POR and Caribbean Beach, what would your recommend, going back to por or try caribbean beach???

I personally like to try different resorts, so I would say try Caribbean Beach. We stayed there last year and I really liked it. My husband Thought POR and POFQ were better though. It depends if you feel like changing things up or sticking with what you know and like.

I really enjoy trying different resorts each time we go, last time I stayed at Carribean Beach, not very impressive I really love Coronado Springs, I thought that was a fun, and very clean resort So my vote it POR

Since you already have been to POR a couple of times before, and obviously are willing to check out a new one, then I would say CBR. I have never stayed there, but my brother and fiance went there in Feb and loved it. They are planning on staying there for a return trip later this year.

I vote POR. We have run into a similar problem. We will be going the begining of August and no AAA packages left for POFQ (1st choice) and CSR 2nd choice. We are saving $300 booking thru AAA and had POR or CBR as a choice. We have stayed at POR but prefer FQ due to smaller size. Decided to do POR again as CBR just doesn't look that nice, gets a lot of mixed reviews and appears way to big.

I say go for a stay at the Caribbean Beach Resort. We stayed for 10 days in June, 2006. We're going back in just 54 days! Can hardly wait.

At the CBR, you get a Disney vacation and a tropical/beach vacation all in one.

Each village has their own white sandy beach and quiet pool. There is an island in the middle of the lake that has lots of quiet spots to just relax in.

We rented surrey bikes and watermice at the marina. You could also rent bicycles, pontoon boats, canoes and sailboats. There was a large variety of foods to choose from at the food court. Shutters is the full service restaurant. The food there is delicious.

The arcade was fairly large. You can purchase a refillable playing card. No keeping up with tokens or coins. The store was divided in two. They sold all the traditional Disney merchandise as well as CBR themed items.

The bus service was efficient. We never waited long for a bus. Sometimes there were two and three buses at the bus stops at once. Because the CBR is so centrally located, it never took us long to get to any destination.

I would definitely recommend the CBR to anybody. It's just so nice to laze around in a hammock on the beach and watch the Epcot fireworks. AAAHHH! Counting down the days! Lisa

thank you all so much, I'm leaning toward trying CBR, I love the idea of a beach theme, so I may give it a try, but I must admist the majority of reviews are not so good.

Anyone else have information on CBR, you just don't hear much about it and there aren't many good pictures out there.

I stayed at CBR in Feb. 06 w/ my husband and then 2 year old daughter. I loved the relaxed feeling and although it is a large resort it was always pretty quiet. We had a room near the food court (can't remember which building) that was also close to a bus stop. It faced in toward the court yard area, not the lake. I think the lake view rooms would be noisier because there are always people walking to and from the food court and bus stops. The room was large and clean. Mousekeeping was good. No towel animals but they did set up my daughters dolls in funny ways every day which was cute.We rarely ever ate in the food court, so even if we had a room farther away it would have been fine. I loved the lake here and I got up early twice just to walk around it and hear the birds chirp. Very peaceful. Even after walking all day at the parks we even came back one night and walked around the whole lake -the resort is also very pretty at night. The landscaping is very lush and pretty.

We did not go in the main pool, but did enjoy the quiet one. the whole place has a resort feeling and I read someone else say it is a vacation within a vacation - I agree with that. Having been to the Caribbean, it felt more like Florida than the Caribbean though!

We were also there at a busy time of year and the busses did get very crowded. We had to stand quite a few times.

I was planning on staying here this past Feb. when we went, but my husband wanted to try something different. He personally didn't think CBR was quite as "Disney". I actually thought is was nice to get away from the excitement and stimulation of the parks and just be able to breathe and relax! We decided to do a short weekend trip this MAy and to make it cheaper we're staying at ASMu. I'm a little worried that this resort will be TOO "Dsney" for me! I just prefer low-key and laid back. Have fun deciding and making plans- isn't that almost the best part anyway!

We preferred CBR over POR! After all the great things we heard about POR on the DIS, I was prepared to like it, but it ended up being our least favorite mod. WE had trouble with the bus stop. The main one was very crowded, and it has no queue, so it was a mob scene trying to get on the bus. My MIL had a sore hip when we went, so it was very diificult getting her on the bus witha seat - even when we were one of the first ones at the bus stop. If there hadn't been a large group of us, there's no way she'd have gotten a seat. At the busy times, if you were at one of the secondary stops, there's no way you'd have gotten on our bus at all! I hope another bus came along shortly for those at the secondary stops!

The food court at POR was also our least favorite. CBR was one of our favorites, thouygh it was a few years ago - 2002 - when we stayed there. I understand POR has just improved their food court, but still the one at CBR was bright and cheery, while the POR one was kind of dark. WE got out food very quickly at CBR.

The pool at POR was also our least favorite. The theming was lame. CBR reminds me of PotC, so we liked it much better. The hot tub could be larger, and have more jets, but the one at POR was so strongly chlorinated that I couldn't stay in it for long. Maybe it was just our experience. The chlorine was so strong, my eyes were stinging as soon as I got in. I've never had that at any other WDW hot tub. It was also very crowded. POFQ has a cute pool, but the water slide looked very tame.

I suppose the boatride to DTD at POR is worth something, but when we were there, it was pretty cold on the water. We were chilled just going betwen POR and POFQ.

Both are big resorts. At POR, the magnolia rooms are much nicer, IMO than the Bayou rooms. The fountains are nice, as are the elevators.

WOW, thank you so much for some details. YOu just don't hear much on CBR, there are more supporters of CSR and POR, which is somewhat scary :) I'm looking forward to staying someplace other than POR and having my OWN opinion :) Thanks again for your feedback.

Caribbean Beach is my favorit. We have stayed there the last 3 trips. Everything is in walking distance, as as mentioned before, it is like having your own beach.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter