** Happy Birthday to Me (March '21) and Happy HS Graduation to Her (May/June '21 PTR) [5/8 update]

Ok so I slacked on the last two days. I will have much to say about the ridiculousness of Universals security and crowds from yesterday. The crazy lines and crowds at Universal meant we didn't do much but that was okay. We had several delicious meals though. We had some down time. And I got a meal with Mickey so my non Disney trip had enough Disney. I crossed a few things off my bucket list for Florida including a surprise I hope to share later. We arrived home around 5pm, kids picked us up at the airport ( can I say how funny it is to see my 18yo daughter driving our honking SUV with my FIL in the passenger seat and my 21yo and 16yo sons in the back?) and drove us to dinner. Now I need to get some sleep as a big day back at work tomorrow and also will have my 2nd vaccination and expect I could be down for the count on Thursday if I follow how most people I know have reacted.

Hope to start my TR soon!
The Universal stuff making me nervous!!!!

The Universal stuff making me nervous!!!!

Ok so no need to be too nervous. You will have Express Passes so you should be fine...we didn't. We also drove to the parks...and the parking garage on Monday was a total disaster. They just were not handling the COVID temp check lines well at all. Social distancing in those lines was totally out the door as well...until we got closer to the actual temp checks. I would imagine entering from the resorts like you will be will be just fine.

Yay! Youo made it party:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Hope they are great days!

Good luck with the vaccine. I had my 2nd jab on saturday and needed paracetamol a couple of times Sat/Sun for flu-like symptoms but grand since waking Monday so I hope you aren't too bad :goodvibes
Can't wait for the TR. Make sure to let us know when you start :thumbsup2

It was a really good vacation overall. Hopefully I can start writing about it soon. We didn't do a lot but that's okay. It wasn't all about rides for us.

So I'm not yet 12 hours in from my shot and mostly my arm just feels swollen and heavy. I am playing to stay home tomorrow just in case.

So belated update here...my day after my 2nd vaccine was a bit rough. Didn't sleep that well the night before, was very thirsty even though I was drinking tons of fluids during the day, and then had a headache, ear pain and some aches...as well as couldn't move my arm much at all. Took tylenol throughout the day which helped. Took Friday off as well. Felt normalish by Friday for the most part though. Played in a tennis tournament on Saturday.

Have started a trip report here since I can't seem to get the mods here to move this one to an actual TR. Since most of our trip was focused on Universal, with some Disney resort stays and meals, I've put that one in the Universal Trip Reports area here.

Hoping to get through it before our next trip which is less than a month away now!

I've made just one minor tweak to our plans later this month and that was just to move The Wave dinner to a little later time in case we wanted to spend more time at Universal. I'm so looking forward to being able to ride Velociraptor there for sure as it should be in soft opening. I have NOT cancelled our Monday night at Bay Lake Tower despite my threats. I really do think it will be best to stay Monday night at Hard Rock Hotel as planned but my daughter really wants to do all she can at Bay Lake Tower. So for now I'm just stalking and *IF* a 2BR opens up at BLT for the 4 nights we need then I might switch us. Otherwise I just may leave it alone. We will still have the option to drive and park at HRH Resort Tuesday morning and walk to the parks from there.

Really glad I was stalking some of the dining boards here this week. I've been trying to get a character meal of SOME kind for our trip and noticed that Chef Mickey was opening up for dinner this week. This morning I was lucky enough to snag a dinner for our final night there...which is just perfect!

Sadly this meant cancelling one of my potential planned dinner meet-ups at Mama Melrose with @angryduck71 but I know she will understand and we will still try to plan a get together of some kind while we are there for sure.

So belated update here...my day after my 2nd vaccine was a bit rough. Didn't sleep that well the night before, was very thirsty even though I was drinking tons of fluids during the day, and then had a headache, ear pain and some aches...as well as couldn't move my arm much at all. Took tylenol throughout the day which helped. Took Friday off as well. Felt normalish by Friday for the most part though. Played in a tennis tournament on Saturday.

Have started a trip report here since I can't seem to get the mods here to move this one to an actual TR. Since most of our trip was focused on Universal, with some Disney resort stays and meals, I've put that one in the Universal Trip Reports area here.

Hoping to get through it before our next trip which is less than a month away now!

Yay on getting the 2nd vaccine shot. Boo on feeling crummy, but glad you felt better after a short time.

I think @OhMari is the/a moderator of the Trip Report board. I'm not sure if she is also the moderator of the Pre-Trip subforum.

Yay on getting the 2nd vaccine shot. Boo on feeling crummy, but glad you felt better after a short time.

I think @OhMari is the/a moderator of the Trip Report board. I'm not sure if she is also the moderator of the Pre-Trip subforum.

Thanks!

Yes I sent TWO PMs to #OhMari per the Pre-Trip Report Board guidelines but got no responses. I'm over it now.

Maybe they're not moving them anymore. :confused3

At least now I know that when I do mine, I'll start the actual report in the Trip Report section and just abandon the plans report.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter