Mobile ordering

What are your thoughts on using mobile ordering during a holiday, such as the 4th of July? Do you think Disney will be staffed to handle the orders or would it be better to have an ADR? I'm asking as on the 3rd of July I have lunch booked at The Plaza, but my sister was wondering about going for quick service with the mobile ordering instead.

Honestly I think each location is at the mercy of how it’s staffed at moment. I think the kitchen does their job but the front line makes or breaks it. And if they aren’t on top of, I get cold food because kitchen plated it promptly.

Agree completely. It was great when only credit cards were accepted for payment.

As I figured would happen, after the DDP became accepted, it got worse...much worse. On our trip in November, it was basically worthless to use it. The time savings have pretty much disappeared, as we noticed folks in line who hadn't even ordered yet getting their food in about that same amount of time as we were.

The more people who are allowed to do it, the less efficient it becomes. Just they way it is.

Unless Disney adjusts the staffing and facilities accordingly (more pick up windows dedicated to mobile order) which obviously they haven't done yet.

Unless Disney adjusts the staffing and facilities accordingly (more pick up windows dedicated to mobile order) which obviously they haven't done yet.
I’m not sure that would be a good idea though. It would just continue to encourage more and more people to use it, especially during busy times. There would be lots of people walking around with their trays of food, but nowhere to sit and eat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter