• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MNSSHP-Tips, Tricks, Secrets newbies should know (from the 2009 party!)

I know there was a thread here somewhere, but I don't recall seeing what I am looking for. Can anyone tell me if there is a MNSSHP beach towel available for sale?

Thanks

Kind of missed the Sassy Sours from last year

Love the old fashioned candy: necco wafers, mary jane, and bit o honey.

I dont think i saw a line longer than 5 minutes last night.

Saw Cinderella's step family

and some great costumes

Gerry

tumblr_l9j21kVOgs1qc0q1zo1_1280.jpg

Went to MNSSHP last night

Seemed to be less candy outlets but perhaps a better quality candy?

Actually received Smartees

We went last Tuesday the 21st. I did think there were less trick or treating stations, but I wasn't thrilled w/ the candy this year. We got a lot less chocolate than less year, and less than 1/2 the total candy and we had one extra trick or treater this year. I was actually very disappointed this year overall. I thought the party was packed, lines were ridiculously long. This is compared to the party we attended toward the end of Sept last year. I felt like we spent all that money and got nothing done. :( No Haunted Mansion ghost pic, no carriage pic, no characters...lines were way way way too long, and we got there hours early! The rides had short lines, but we weren't there for them. I saw both parades & the fireworks, which were awesome, as usual!! We caught the villians show too, which I really enjoyed. Overall, I didn't have as much fun as we did last year. We'll be skipping it next year. Maybe the fun is in the novelty...better the first time? I don't know.

Went to MNSSHP last night

Seemed to be less candy outlets but perhaps a better quality candy?

Actually received Smartees

We were there last night, we got lots of candy. Great candy, lots of chocolate....very generous portions at each station. It was also handed out during the parade.

I was disappointed the Headless Horseman was unavailable for the first parade (due to weather). Just missed him by seconds...for the second one. There were no lines, the crowd was very light and weather turned out to be perfect.

We had a wonderful time!! My 78 MIL had a blast, dancing with the characters!:goodvibes

We went last Tuesday the 21st. I did think there were less trick or treating stations, but I wasn't thrilled w/ the candy this year. We got a lot less chocolate than less year, and less than 1/2 the total candy and we had one extra trick or treater this year. I was actually very disappointed this year overall. I thought the party was packed, lines were ridiculously long. This is compared to the party we attended toward the end of Sept last year. I felt like we spent all that money and got nothing done. :( No Haunted Mansion ghost pic, no carriage pic, no characters...lines were way way way too long, and we got there hours early! The rides had short lines, but we weren't there for them. I saw both parades & the fireworks, which were awesome, as usual!! We caught the villians show too, which I really enjoyed. Overall, I didn't have as much fun as we did last year. We'll be skipping it next year. Maybe the fun is in the novelty...better the first time? I don't know.

sorry to hear your disspointment,it would really be hard to compare your frist time and then try to match that excitement after that. Crowds, lines,money its really hard to justyfy any of that specialy when your carring such high expectations. We went last year and had a ball,it was our frist. We plan on going next year,with the same exciment as last. I hope you will be able to see your self going again . Its so special.

We were there on 09/21 as well and have to say that our experience was the other side of the coin. We had an awesome time and got in way more than what we expected. We thought the lines for everything was great and the lines for rides were non-exsistant. We got in:

The Parade, FW's, and Villain Show. Met with Maleficiant and Facilier after.
7 Dwarfs
Princesses/Princes
The Hag from Snow White
Mickey & Minnie
Tarzan, Jane, Terk
Pictures in front of the HM
All the adventure trail characters
Tons of Trick or treating

We left there with three bags of candy w/ over half of it being name brand candy bars...Twix, Snickers, Milky way etc!! It was great. Plus the weather was perfect.. We also did MNSSHP again on 09/23 and that was was just as good, if not better... We would do the MNSSHP again in a heartbeat!

We were there on 09/21 as well and have to say that our experience was the other side of the coin. We had an awesome time and got in way more than what we expected. We thought the lines for everything was great and the lines for rides were non-exsistant. We got in:

The Parade, FW's, and Villain Show. Met with Maleficiant and Facilier after.
7 Dwarfs
Princesses/Princes
The Hag from Snow White
Mickey & Minnie
Tarzan, Jane, Terk
Pictures in front of the HM
All the adventure trail characters
Tons of Trick or treating

We left there with three bags of candy w/ over half of it being name brand candy bars...Twix, Snickers, Milky way etc!! It was great. Plus the weather was perfect.. We also did MNSSHP again on 09/23 and that was was just as good, if not better... We would do the MNSSHP again in a heartbeat!

I agree with you. We had a great time at both the 9/21 and 9/23 Parties. We road all the rides and had a great time. We did split things so we did trick or treating and rides the first night and some of the picture opportunities and then on the 23rd we waited for the characters which I have to admit were shorter lines on the 23rd so I can kind of see where the other poster was coming from. I would do the parties again in a heart beat because while there was a line for some things they were hardly the lines of a normal day at any of the parks. So enjoyable. My kids LOVED every minute of it and so did I because I did not feel rushed or pushed or pulled we did what we wanted when we wanted at a pace we wanted. Amazing time!! The kids got to ride the rides with out waiting which was a high point since I have a 4 and 2 year old which are not good at waiting in lines. Just over all fabulous and we want to go back every year for some kind of party (either MNSSHP or MVMCP) :)

We were there on the 21st also. It was our First Time party going. We had a ball. I thought we got tons of candy. And only had one kid getting candy.
We got the Haunted Mansion Photo. We got pics with us with the Carriage. We got the 7 dwarfs, the old Hag, We got the hitch hiking ghosts.
We rode every ride in Fantasyland at 11:00 with no wait- rode dumbo twice. The headed to the Dance PArty in Frontierland where only my grand daughter and two other kids closed the place down-- dancing and having Woody and Jessie all to themselves.
We saw one villian show-- and after that was over Cruella spent a considerable amount of time with GD. then we saw the Hallowishes, We saw the second Parade.
We did Tomorrowland at 6pm with walki on rides for Space Mountain, Buzz lightyear- Saw Buzz with no wait.

It was the best money I ever spend on a vacation. I have nothing to compare it to since it was my first time. I do have to say that I felt we stayed above the huge lines all night long- Actually got our photos with the Carriage and the 7 dwarfs in less then 30 minutes for both

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter