MNSSHP Strike 3 - I guess I am out now

DVC Doctor

Member since 2001
DVC Gold
I have been wanting to take some extended family to MNSSHP for several years and after booking VGF grand villa three times, it was cancelled three times and I have officially struck out and my family thinks I am cursed now.

2017 - booked MNSSHP for early September, checked into the VGF grand villa and got smacked with a Hurricane Irma on the first night we were and disney cancelled MNSSHP the day I bought tickets and we rode out the storm at Disney

2019 - booked MNSSHP for early September, and when Hurricane Dorian was coming, Disney shut everything down and I was able to cancel my VGF grand villa and at least got my points back, but had to cancel MNSSHP again for the second time

2020 - booked MNSSHP in mid September and thanks to Covid-19, Disney is shut down, MNSSHP cancelled, and a BIG BlUE fence was erected cutting VGF off in half. I cancelled my reservations and got my points back.

Question - should I plan 2021 or just give up on MNSSHP with my extended family

I have been wanting to take some extended family to MNSSHP for several years and after booking VGF grand villa three times, it was cancelled three times and I have officially struck out and my family thinks I am cursed now.

2017 - booked MNSSHP for early September, checked into the VGF grand villa and got smacked with a Hurricane Irma on the first night we were and disney cancelled MNSSHP the day I bought tickets and we rode out the storm at Disney

2019 - booked MNSSHP for early September, and when Hurricane Dorian was coming, Disney shut everything down and I was able to cancel my VGF grand villa and at least got my points back, but had to cancel MNSSHP again for the second time

2020 - booked MNSSHP in mid September and thanks to Covid-19, Disney is shut down, MNSSHP cancelled, and a BIG BlUE fence was erected cutting VGF off in half. I cancelled my reservations and got my points back.

You can pass your points to me and I will plan everything out for you. Maybe that will change your luck for the future plus I can tag along as extended family.

Sounds like you are planning too far in advance considering the Florida weather. When the next MNSSHP season comes, book about 3 days out so you will eliminate any hurricanes. However, you still may face a torrential thunderstorm.

Sounds like you are planning too far in advance considering the Florida weather. When the next MNSSHP season comes, book about 3 days out so you will eliminate any hurricanes. However, you still may face a torrential thunderstorm.

In order to book VGF grand villa (there are only 6 of them) you have to do that well in advance.

While the fireworks and parade were amazing the party we attended in September was ridiculously crowded. So maybe you lucked out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts