MNSSHP Momma Daughter Trip!

Dirlam5

Earning My Ears
MNSSHP TRIP!

The Who: Angela aka Me, DD Koi (12)..and sometimes Remy (24). She seems to sneak in on all our Florida trips since she lives in Tampa lol.

I have a graduation trip I am taking with my middle daughter 5/28-6/11 so she isn't coming on this trip. It will just be me and my youngest this time. DH isn't a crowd fan so he's staying home w our pets lol.

The Dates: Sept 3-Sept 10

We were originally going to go Oct 2-Oct 8 but forgot our US/IOA AP expires 10/4 so I changed all our plans so we can still use it lol. This also turned out to save us about 1500.00 for going a month earlier!

The Lodging: Universal Dockside Inn Resort (Cost - $735)

We are staying in a standard 2 queen w a pool view room. Used our AP discount. Originally we were doing a AirBnB condo but its saving us 500.00 to switch to the resort. Plus since we have more US/IOA days then WDW it made more sense to stay at Dockside vs a Disney resort.

The Attractions -
  • 2d/2Ad WDW tickets w/Memory Maker (Cost - $640). Park reservations are made!
  • US/IOA tickets (Cost - $0. Still have our annual passes from last year)
  • 1d/2AD MNSSHP tickets (Cost - $235) Sept 5th!
Our itinerary so far:
  • 9/3 - Leave Ga 5am with DD. Yes we are driving since its only a 7hr trip and I have a van lol. We decided to drive straight to the resort in hopes we can check in before 4pm or hit up the parks for a few hours. Remy will possibly meet us there and stay a night or two depending on her work schedule. Resort said we can add her later if she does.
  • 9/4 - US/IOA (maybe w Remy)
  • 9/5 - US/IOA in the AM, back to the resort at noon to rest, shower and get in costume for the MNSSHP. Leave around 3pm to get to MK at 4pm.
  • 9/6 - Sleeping in since the party ends at midnight and it will be LATE by the time we get back to the resort lol. Lunch at City Walk and go to US/IOA for the afternoon/evening.
  • 9/7 - MK
  • 9/8 - AK
  • 9/9 - US/IOA
  • 9/10 - Leaving for home 9am
I asked DD if she wanted more WDW days planned but she said no, she only wants to go to MK and AK. She doesn't like Star Wars so had no interest in HS at all.

We have NO dining reservations at WDW planned, character meals are not our thing at this age. DD does want to go to TRex one day so need to plan that. We have the Landry card and bought gift cards at Sams Club (100.00 for 80.00 - big savings). Will take our Brita water bottles and will be utilizing quick service. For US/IOA we have our popcorn buckets and freestyle cups. Will either eat at park or at resort for lunch and dinner. Not big breakfast eaters so will prob have something small and easy to take with us in the mornings.

For MNSSHP we are already getting our costume ideas together. DD decided she wants to be a steampunk version of the white rabbit from Alice in Wonderland. I will either be Alice or the Queen of Hearts..still debating lol. Super excited to go, last time we went was in Oct 2019 before Covid and it was my FAV Disney trip. All three girls went with us and we dressed as Dalmations w our Dalmation mickey ears, polka dot shirts, tutus and shorts/capri leggings. DH refused to dress up so he wore a shirt that said "Not A Dalmation" on it. We had a blast!

DD is also debating if she wants to do a HHN at US. Last year we went and she lasted until 1am before falling asleep eating french fries at Mel's Diner lmao.

So far that is all I got.

Sounds like you have an awesome trip planned! We will be there almost the same dates(Sep 2-10) and staying at Grand Floridian for the first 3 nights and then Saratoga Springs for the final 5 as we are treating my parents to a stay using our extra DVC points. No Universal for us as we aren't coaster people, but we have a full week of theme park fun planned at WDW including MNSSHP once for sure, maybe even a second time we haven't decided yet.

You'll have a blast!

So we finalized our plans for our trip in 12 days! Starting to get excited! Today Koi's magic band came in the mail, I was able to get her the MNSSHP limited edition one with the Sanderson Sisters and Jack Skellington on it before it sold out. It is so freaking adorable.

The plans:

9/3 - Leave Ga at 5AM, hopefully check in early. If not, eat some lunch at City Walk and waste time at Universal since we can use the busses even if not checked in yet. I also made 8pm reservations at the Melting Pot for us. I took my older two girls there on our May/June trip and now Koi is dying to go try it out too.

9/4 - US/IOA

9/5 - Resort Day, swim and lunch before getting ready at 2pm for MNSSHP. Planning on getting there at 4pm for early entry. We finally have our costumes together and they came out super cute. DD is a steampunk version of the White Rabbit and I am doing a Cheshire cat tutu with matching ears from Etsy that light up, wanted mine to be simple and comfortable. I wish I could post my daughter's costume but I don't know how to lol.

I decided to only buy Memory Maker for this day instead of both days since looking back on our last trip pics we didnt get very many pictures when we went to AK. Koi qualifies for DAS since she has AS and they said once we are at the park we can use it. Praying it doesn't pour rain but it prob will smh.

9/6 - sleep in before heading to US/IOA

9/7 -US/IOA

9/8- AK then reservations at TREX at 930PM. Remy will be coming from Tampa after she gets off work at the hospital at 11pm so should get there around 1AM lol.

9/9 - US/IOA then Halloween Horror Nights! Wasn't sure about going this year but Remy talked us into it since both parks close earlier than usual that day anyways lol.

9/10 -Head home!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter