MNSSHP FIREWORKS-California Grill question

TurkA77

Mouseketeer
On Oct 31st the MK fireworks time is listed at 9:30pm because of mnsshp. I would like to do a dinner at California Grill and then watch the fireworks after. It just seems like that's an odd time for fireworks. Also, are the fireworks for mnsshp just as good as the regular wishes show? It's a ritual to go to CG to watch the fireworks once per trip and if nots going to be as good as usual I will try to plan it for another night. Thanks for the help. Hopefully you guys say its good and then I will cross my fingers I can get an ADR once they finally start taking them.

We have watched both Wishes and HalloWishes from CG, we also always book to see them. HalloWishes is awesome from there - we think it's the best fireworks show they do. The Halloween colors all over the park plus in the fireworks gives the park a whole different look. :thumbsup2

Last I read CG is only open for reservations starting Nov. 16th. You may not be able to get reservations before then. I have called about reservations for Nov. 11, 2013 and they told me they are not taking reservations at this time for CG.

It is currently being refurbished and that is the reason for not being able to get reservations before the Nov. 16th date. I saw that it was supposed to be reopened in "late summer" but that has since changed to "Fall".

Last I read CG is only open for reservations starting Nov. 16th. You may not be able to get reservations before then. I have called about reservations for Nov. 11, 2013 and they told me they are not taking reservations at this time for CG.

It is currently being refurbished and that is the reason for not being able to get reservations before the Nov. 16th date. I saw that it was supposed to be reopened in "late summer" but that has since changed to "Fall".

I have read the same also. It sounds like they aren't taking reservations for those dates because they are too close too reopening time. I have my fingers crossed that this is just precautionary and that ill eventually be able to make them. Back up plan, eat somewhere else and watch from poly, but I hope it doesn't come to that.

On Oct 31st the MK fireworks time is listed at 9:30pm because of mnsshp. I would like to do a dinner at California Grill and then watch the fireworks after. It just seems like that's an odd time for fireworks.
The party fireworks are always on at 9:30pm. It's right in between the 2 parades they do for the part, one at 8:15pm and 10:30pm

Also, are the fireworks for mnsshp just as good as the regular wishes show? It's a ritual to go to CG to watch the fireworks once per trip and if nots going to be as good as usual I will try to plan it for another night.

Most people say HalloWishes are the best fireworks MK do all year. We will be watching them from the Contemporary after a Chef Mickey as our first day in the parks is a party but we're not going to the party that day.

PP poster is correct, Cali Grill has only started taking ADRs for November 17 and later. But I spoke with a manager at Contemporary and he explained that the original target opening date was the end of July, that's been pushed back to the third week of August. He said they'll start taking ADRs for early fall closer to the new target date (once the staff is locked in to start working again). So have hope! It'll just be a little while until you can make the October ADR there.

And Hallowishes is the best fireworks show Disney does. The fireworks are spectacular and the music is amazing, soooooo worth watching from Cali Grill.

Info about various locations to see the MK fireworks outside the park-

The Beach at the Polynesian Resort offers a great view
of Wishes and other MK Fireworks shows.
They do "pipe in" the audio of the shows.
There are several ground-level speakers along the
sidewalk.

They also pipe the audio to the speakers at the Poly pool.
The audio level if better in some places (closer to the sidewalk, for instance) than others (far out on the beach, for instance.)

To find the "sweet spot" for viewing, stroll along the sidewalk until the Cinderella Castle comes into full view.

Poly-TTC-Basic_101209.jpg

Here's a photo I took from the Poly Beach-
MK Fireworks (MVMCP Christmas Finale)

Poly-Beach-Firewx-Cln.jpg

-----------------------------

More Viewing Spots-

You can see them from TTC (they pipe-in the audio from
the show) but you are not allowed to stand in the
Ferry loading area.

TTC-Fwx_022013_zpsf1a4f7f1.jpg

You can see them from the boat-dock and an outside
observation deck near Narcoossee's restaurant at the
Grand Floridian. Anyone can stand on Narcoossee's Deck.
The outside deck is not a part of the actual restaurant. (All serving is done inside.)
The deck is accessed from the sidewalk outside the restaurant.
Also, good viewing from the Patio overlooking the Marina.
The sound of the show is piped into these areas too.

GF-FW-Narcoo-BE_072708.jpg

At the Contemporary, there is viewing on an outdoor
observation area on the 4th floor.
The California Grill observation areas are reserved for patrons that day of the Grill or Bar.

MK-CR-BE-Deck-S_090308.gif

MK-CR-Sat-Fwx-Deck_112312.gif

(Fireworks shown above are simulated.)

At Wilderness Lodge, the "secret place" to watch the MK fireworks is from the northern area of the Cast Member (CM) Parking Lot.

WL-N_CM-Lot_091809.gif

At the Fort Wilderness Campgrounds Marina (angle shown on the map below,) some of the view (especially of the "Fantasyland" pyro) is blocked by the now unused Discovery Island in Bay Lake and by the high-rise buildings of the Contemporary Resort.
But, the view from the Ft. Wilderness' sand beach (farther north) is more open.
Still the tree-level can block the views of the lower-firing pyro.

Here are the angles of the views in the Bay Lake area.

MK-Bay-Fwx-Views_012913_zps8f10ed57.jpg

Below are the angles of the views in the Seven Seas Lagoon area.

MK-7Seas-Resorts-Fwx_012913_zps84390ca0.jpg

----------------------------------

As for viewing from INSIDE the dining area of restaurants
(you usually need ADRs for most, and they are usually busy during the shows)...
you can see (and hear) them at California Grill at Contemporary,
'Ohana at Poly, Narcoossee's at the Grand Floridian,
and (if you have access there) the Top of the World at Bay Lake Tower.

Info about various locations to see the MK fireworks outside the park-

The Beach at the Polynesian Resort offers a great view
of Wishes and other MK Fireworks shows.
They do "pipe in" the audio of the shows.
There are several ground-level speakers along the
sidewalk.

They also pipe the audio to the speakers at the Poly pool.
The audio level if better in some places (closer to the sidewalk, for instance) than others (far out on the beach, for instance.)

To find the "sweet spot" for viewing, stroll along the sidewalk until the Cinderella Castle comes into full view.

Here's a photo I took from the Poly Beach-
MK Fireworks (MVMCP Christmas Finale)

-----------------------------

More Viewing Spots-

You can see them from TTC (they pipe-in the audio from
the show) but you are not allowed to stand in the
Ferry loading area.

You can see them from the boat-dock and an outside
observation deck near Narcoossee's restaurant at the
Grand Floridian. Anyone can stand on Narcoossee's Deck.
The outside deck is not a part of the actual restaurant. (All serving is done inside.)
The deck is accessed from the sidewalk outside the restaurant.
Also, good viewing from the Patio overlooking the Marina.
The sound of the show is piped into these areas too.

At the Contemporary, there is viewing on an outdoor
observation area on the 4th floor.
The California Grill observation areas are reserved for patrons that day of the Grill or Bar.

(Fireworks shown above are simulated.)

At Wilderness Lodge, the "secret place" to watch the MK fireworks is from the northern area of the Cast Member (CM) Parking Lot.

At the Fort Wilderness Campgrounds Marina (angle shown on the map below,) some of the view (especially of the "Fantasyland" pyro) is blocked by the now unused Discovery Island in Bay Lake and by the high-rise buildings of the Contemporary Resort.
But, the view from the Ft. Wilderness' sand beach (farther north) is more open.
Still the tree-level can block the views of the lower-firing pyro.

Here are the angles of the views in the Bay Lake area.

Below are the angles of the views in the Seven Seas Lagoon area.

As for viewing from INSIDE the dining area of restaurants
(you usually need ADRs for most, and they are usually busy during the shows)...
you can see (and hear) them at California Grill at Contemporary,
'Ohana at Poly, Narcoossee's at the Grand Floridian,
and (if you have access there) the Top of the World at Bay Lake Tower.

Thanks robo. I took your recommendation for viewing fireworks from poly beach last time and it worked out perfectly. I think next to CG it's my favorite spot to watch them outside of the MK.

Thanks robo. I took your recommendation for viewing fireworks from poly beach last time and it worked out perfectly. I think next to CG it's my favorite spot to watch them outside of the MK.

So glad you enjoyed the Poly beach view.
Thanks for letting me know!

Many other posters here like that spot, too.

So glad you enjoyed the Poly beach view.
Thanks for letting me know!

Many other posters here like that spot, too.

You think I should make a reservation somewhere else, like narcoossees, or 1900 now just in case I can't get Cali grill that night? That way we have a back up plan to watch the fireworks from CR 4th floor or poly beach? Any other recommendations for food I can get to from the monorail?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!