MNSSHP family themed costumes

inloveindisney

DIS Veteran
I tried to do a thread search, but can't seem to get it to work. I am looking for some pictures of families that have dressed up with a theme at MNSSHP. I will have a little girl that is a little over 1 when we go and I was considering doing a theme such as me be wendy, dad be peterpan and baby be tink. But, what are some other ideas and pics, if you have any?

Unfortunately, I do not have any pictures, but at last year's MNSSHP, I saw a family dressed as characters from "The Little Mermaid", very nicely done. It looked as though the costumes were hand made, very nice.

Sorry, I couldn't be of more help. :goodvibes

We had a costume that both of my DD's wore as infants. It was a costume of one of Pooh's honey pots. You then could go as Pooh, and carry the honey pot.
This is a picture of my youngest in it. She was so small, that she was able to wear it two years in a row.
P1010115.jpg

Oh my gosh - I love this post. Love hearing the ideas! My ideas aren't necessarily as creative but I'll add them anyway.

Lion King might be fun too -- a family of lions!

Mom as Lilo, Baby as Stitch -- but what could dad be? Not sure about that one!

We were not unique in our theming, but had a great time planning the costumes.pirate: We had an entire suitcase packed just with our costumes and room decorations.......

There are some picture threads over on the new Theme Park community Board from these events that include some of the pictures you're requesting, and Im' going to move this thread to that board as it's a better fit!

Thanks!

Knox

Mom, Dad and I went as Pink Elephants on Parade this year. We dressed in all pink and mom found empty framed pink eyeglasses with "trunks" attached to them on the web. Dad fussed at first about having to wear pink but he had fun once we were there. The best thing was the costumes were so comfortable. I work pink pajamas, mom wore scrubs and dad dyed a pair of pants and wore a pink shirt.

This year I went as the Cheshire cat and my dd was alice.
Dad could be mad hatter and mom could be queen of hearts, kids could be white rabbit, alice, or the cheshire cat too. there are alot of combonations!
We also met another family standing behind us waiting to see Alice, the mom was the queen and the kids were alice and mad hatter! It was so cute!

Ok, it took us a while, but we finally decided on our costumes and we are quite excited about it! We found a very clearanced dalmation costume at the disney outlet here (only 12.00!) and so we snatched it up. So, the hubs and I will be Roger and Anita Dearly and the little one will be a dalmation!!
We went to goodwill and got some clothes that look like the Dearly's and we're all set! We're excited because it was so perfect. We didn't want to be overdressed to the point where it'd be uncomfortable but we didn't want to NOT dress up either, so this worked out great.

Well, I too have the problem of trying to figure out what to be.... And my family of 4 includes a teenage boy who of course is not interested in dalmations, etc. Sounds like we may be dalmations.... I am still trying to talk them into perhaps being people from the haunted mansion, but DD doesn't like anything about "dead" things. ahhh, the fun, the fun!;)

Ok, it took us a while, but we finally decided on our costumes and we are quite excited about it! We found a very clearanced dalmation costume at the disney outlet here (only 12.00!) and so we snatched it up. So, the hubs and I will be Roger and Anita Dearly and the little one will be a dalmation!!
We went to goodwill and got some clothes that look like the Dearly's and we're all set! We're excited because it was so perfect. We didn't want to be overdressed to the point where it'd be uncomfortable but we didn't want to NOT dress up either, so this worked out great.

That sounds so cute!! I hope that you post pics after you go. We were going to do MNSSHP again this year, but we changed it to going in December to do MVMCP. When we were going to MNSSHP we were using a Shrek theme. I was going to be Fiona, DH was going to be Shrek, DS10 Donkey, and then DS9 Pussnboots. Who knows, maybe we will do it on our next October trip.

I keep seeing long sleeved costumes. Isn't it too hot in the beginning of September for long anything?

we are not being Disney-ish but ds 5 has an Elvis costume and the girls and I are wearing poodle skirts and t shirts I assume DH will not play along

I just remembered this thread the other day, and thought a family of 4 could do a Pinoccho theme.
Dad- Gepetto
Mom- Blue Fairy
Oldest child- Pinoccho
Youngest child- Jimminy Cricket

What about Mary Poppins?

Grandparents or parents could be Mr. and Mrs. Banks
Parents or kids could be Mary Poppins and Bert
Kids could be Michael and Jane, Penguins or other chimney sweeps (may be a good choice for a tween/teen who may not be into really dressing up - black pants, black shirt, eyeliner smudged on face, voila!)
Grandfather could be Uncle Albert or even the Admiral
A larger group of adults could be the supercalifragilisticexpialidocious band
Grandma could be one of the housekeepers

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter