MNSSHP and dining

heathernfrankie

Mouseketeer
As of now, we have a 5pm reservation at Liberty Tree Tavern for the night we have the Halloween Party. Should I change it to an earlier time (2:00 or 2:30 I believe are available)? I know they say the park is open until 7 and the party starts at 7, but will we be missing things if we eat at 5pm? I thought maybe we could eat our bigger dinner earlier and then just do a quick service at the party. I may also change to The Plaza Restaurant instead too b/c they have a 2 and a 2:15. ugh....
WWYD??

We have a 4.50pm ADR at Crystal Palace for MNSSHP. We would have gone for LTT but DF likes the veggie option that is offered at lunch rather than dinner there.

The only thing you might miss is getting in the queues early for characters or the sweet stations which start to build a little before 7pm - but you should be out well before then at LTT surely? We have assumed we will be finished at 6.30pm so will have plenty of time :)

Plus by having dinner before the party you don't have to waste time during the party eating - apart from candy that is :lmao:

Plus by having dinner before the party you don't have to waste time during the party eating - apart from candy that is :lmao:

I agree with this. You should be done by 6:30 the latest if you keep your 5:00 ADR. Even if you do run late you won't lose as much party time as you would if you stopped at, say, Cosmic Ray's for a mid-party meal.

The park opens for MNSSHP participants starting at 4. I wouldn't waste a regular park ticket that day. We go look around at DTD or the different resorts. So I wouldn't make your dinner for 2 in the afternoon. I would keep what you have.
Our dinner ressies are at 5:50pm at CRT. You have the whole night to go around the park. Most rides are empty. At the MVMCP we were oftentimes the only people on the rides. There are also two showings of the parade. And there will be plenty of candy too! So you won't be missing much while you are eating because those stations won't open until after 7.

If you are planning to be in the park early that day, I would go ahead and keep the 5pm adr.
You should be done by 6:30 or right around 7pm at the latest. So you won't miss anything.
We will be attending a MNSSHP as well and have an adr at WL at 5pm. That is our MK day, so we will be enjoying the park then leave for dinner, come back and be ready for the party.
Sounds like a good plan to me.

I would change it to earlier .You can't get into the park BEFORE 4pm on just your party ticket though.You would need to use a regular admission too( unless you are planning in being in the MK all day)

I wouldnt change the ADR. I think you will have plenty of time since nothing happens until 7pm anyway! You should be done Liberty Tree around 630pm. Thats plenty of time.

Thank you everyone for your comments/suggestions.

I would change it to earlier .You can't get into the park BEFORE 4pm on just your party ticket though.You would need to use a regular admission too( unless you are planning in being in the MK all day)

We do plan to do MK that day. I didn't want to be running all around with 2 kids.

If you keep LTT you may also have to decide if you want lunch or dinner - because the lunch does not have the same food as dinner.

Some of the info I have read is confusing. The party doesn't start till 7 but people suggest getting there at 4? :confused3 Doesn't make sense to me because nothing begins before 7 so I'm planning on heading over at 530 or 6. But we have park hoppers for our trip so it doesn't matter really.

As for dinner I didn't make a reservation. We are going to do a quick service that evening.

Some of the info I have read is confusing. The party doesn't start till 7 but people suggest getting there at 4? :confused3 Doesn't make sense to me because nothing begins before 7 so I'm planning on heading over at 530 or 6. But we have park hoppers for our trip so it doesn't matter really.

As for dinner I didn't make a reservation. We are going to do a quick service that evening.

Guests with a party ticket are generally allowed into the park starting at 4. I think the suggestion to get there at 4 is meant for those who want to get the absolute most out of their party ticket (3 extra hours in the park) especially for those who do not have any regular park admission for the day.

we like getting there at 4p to beat the crowds of people pouring into the Mk as it gets closer to party time.We also enter at 4p, and eat dinner at Cosmic Rays and then ride rides till start time.

We plan to get there between 4 and 5 to beat the crowds, grap a map and entertainment schedule. We went 2 years ago to 2 MNSSHP and never got there by 7. So I keep telling myself this time will be different. :lmao:

We had a lot of fun, never really waited for any of the attractions, had a blast dancing in the street parties, and there's lots of places to go trick or treating. party:

If you're a pin collector, they have "special" pins you can only buy the night of the MNSSHP. There were a couple of shops who had them.

Thank you everyone for your comments/suggestions.

We do plan to do MK that day. I didn't want to be running all around with 2 kids.

Do you plan on getting to the park later in the morning/early afternoon or do you plan on getting to the park early? If you go to the park early, with the ages of the little ones, I would highly suggest the mid-day nap if you haven't planned for it already. With the cost of the park tickets the last thing your going to want is for one or both of them to have a melt-down/crash before the first parade starts. If you don't want to do a lot of traveling you could also just sleep in that morning and head to MK at about 11 or so. It would still give you time to get a lot done before partiers begin to show up at 4. Just some food for thought. :thumbsup2

Do you plan on getting to the park later in the morning/early afternoon or do you plan on getting to the park early? If you go to the park early, with the ages of the little ones, I would highly suggest the mid-day nap if you haven't planned for it already. With the cost of the park tickets the last thing your going to want is for one or both of them to have a melt-down/crash before the first parade starts. If you don't want to do a lot of traveling you could also just sleep in that morning and head to MK at about 11 or so. It would still give you time to get a lot done before partiers begin to show up at 4. Just some food for thought. :thumbsup2

I think we will be getting there around 11 or so. I know we would be "wasting" our MK ticket (we didn't do hoppers this time) but so we can do the whole party (or most of it), I think that is the best. Plus, we plan to do MK on Saturday too, the day before we leave Disney.

DH and I are doing something similar, except our reservations are at Tony's Town Square for 5:15. We have park hopper tickets and were planning to do MK in the morning through early afternoon any way. We will likely go back to our room for a few hours in the afternoon and then back over for dinner and the party. No costumes for us...but a few "off" hours between the morning and the evening will have us well rested to fully enjoy the entire evening at the party. :thumbsup2

We preferred the LTT lunch menu so we have a 2:50 ressie and figure we will be done around 4. We will do whatever for a couple hours, then line up for dwarves and cindys carriage early.

We have an ADR for Tony's at 5:20. We're planning on getting there early and keep our fingers crossed that they can seat us early.

So it seems like most would just keep it and then that way we won't need to worry about eating during the party and wasting our time eating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter