Firming up costumes, my kids don't want to do a family theme

Anyone else going with a group where everyone does their own thing?

I am going on Aug 25th
DD - Ariel
Me - Minnie
Disney Best Friend -Donald Duck
Best Friend daughter - an attack on titan character
Best Friend Husband -Undecided

So not a group thing for us either.

I know I'm going to need a better game plan than I have right now for MNSSHP. Here is a tentative itinerary, but I'll come back to this post to update.

So, what advice would you give me with this schedule as far as allowing time for trick-or-treating, meeting Jasmine, and meeting Moana IF she is there like the one rumor has said. I honestly only want the BOG ADR so that DD (who will be dressed as Belle) can get a photo op with the Beast, although she may be too scared of him to cooperate. Also, if we get confirmation that Moana is indeed there, that could throw a wrench in all my plans and I may want to cancel BBB and have DD dressed up as Moana instead. She would then wear her Belle dress to breakfast at Cindy's the next day, although I would not have a BBB reservation then. So, would it be more important to do the BBB experience for her and be dressed as Belle when (if) she gets to meet Moana?

Personally, I can't see using valuable park hours to both go to BBB and BOG, but that's just me. You know your child best: what does she like? Would she be likely to be afraid of the Beast and therefore the BOG time would be better spent meeting Moana? Does she prefer getting her hair done and fussed over, or would she rather be running around the park, trick or treating and going on rides? As for your elder daughter, will she be happy to cool her heels while the little one gets primped at BBB? Or would it work best for all members of your party to skip it?

Only you will know the answers, based on the preferences of your loved ones. I'm sure you'll all end up having a great time!

This is
our first time going to MK Halloween party. The headless hours-man is only out for the parade right? Where is the best place to watch the parade if your using an ECV how early should you get there?

If you have an ECV, I believe you can watch the parade from the hub in the handicapped accessible area. Family members can join you, too.

Still waiting on my blue pen... still waiting to hear about when my spare camera battery will arrive.
Managed to get my car insurance sorted, gave me a scare they wanted to charge me an extra £100 but I changed company and saved a little. Disney spending money is precious! :earboy2:

Complete chaos at home I have eBay stuff I'm trying to clear everywhere (hit and miss with luck there) but I might try and at least pin my fabric to my Belle dress. I need to start making a list of things left to do.

I managed to get a 8:05pm BOG for my second party night so that's better in terms of seeing the fireworks but it does throw off the meet and greets a little bit. Depends on who ends up meeting. I've made room for Jasmine and Aladdin in the parks and skipping Aladdin and Abu because Abu looks kind of odd looking :lmao:but I want a picture of Genie still. :surfweb: Too many choices.

Last edited:

So my pen arrived today, they even sent me the wrong size when they sent the white one :sad2:

But I've done it! Going to give it time to dry, not perfect but not bad either.

36331227091_1bf1a70889_n.jpg

Still no news on my camera battery. I wrote out my to do list and managed to get quite a bit done but I spent an hour stuck in traffic running errands. It rained for most of the day today, it was sunny and shorts weather yesterday and today I'm in a jumper.

But I've done it! Going to give it time to dry, not perfect but not bad either.

The badge looks amazing. 1000% better than when it was plain!

(When you commented on the 'white pen' earlier, I thought they had sent you a white carrot pen! Derp!)

I'm not with a group. It's just going to be me and my husband. I wanted to be pooh and have him be tigger or eeyore but he wanted to be iron man......... we are basically Disney bounding but I wanted to match and he didn't..... I'm going to have fun anyway!!!!

The badge looks amazing. 1000% better than when it was plain!

(When you commented on the 'white pen' earlier, I thought they had sent you a white carrot pen! Derp!)

Oh haha I'd be even more annoyed if that was the carrot pen that was the wrong colour.

Thank you as well, I've just done a bit of a second coat as it dried with a few patches, still happy with it though.

I spent two days working on the bunny ears. Made them out of fur scrap and they do look cute, but I just can't make them stop flopping down. At this devastating moment, my eBay ears and tail arrived! Yay!! I will keep the ears I made and turn them into a keychain or something to commemorate the hard sewing through the leather. I am done with the crafty work and have to start packing tonight. Thank goodness!

IMG_8455.JPG

I spent two days working on the bunny ears. Made them out of fur scrap and they do look cute, but I just can't make them stop flopping down. At this devastating moment, my eBay ears and tail arrived! Yay!! I will keep the ears I made and turn them into a keychain or something to commemorate the hard sewing through the leather. I am done with the crafty work and have to start packing tonight. Thank goodness!

View attachment 260420

What is that pink fabric.. is it felt?

Personally, I can't see using valuable park hours to both go to BBB and BOG, but that's just me. You know your child best: what does she like? Would she be likely to be afraid of the Beast and therefore the BOG time would be better spent meeting Moana? Does she prefer getting her hair done and fussed over, or would she rather be running around the park, trick or treating and going on rides? As for your elder daughter, will she be happy to cool her heels while the little one gets primped at BBB? Or would it work best for all members of your party to skip it?

Only you will know the answers, based on the preferences of your loved ones. I'm sure you'll all end up having a great time!

If you have an ECV, I believe you can watch the parade from the hub in the handicapped accessible area. Family members can join you, too.

Honestly, there is a good chance she will be afraid of the Beast. She is a total girly-girl and loves getting dressed up, so we have to do BBB. I wouldn't cancel our Tuesday afternoon reservation for that UNLESS I could get a PPO replacement reservation prior to Cindy's breakfast ADR on Wednesday. And as much as I would love a picture/video of DD dancing with the Beast in her Belle costume, it is much more important for her to meet Moana (if she were to indeed be at the party). As for stepD and DH - they are free to do their own thing during BBB if they don't want to hang out. There are many instances where we will be splitting up during this trip due to the ten year age gap in our daughters.

How credible is this possibility of Moana at the party? I am trying not to get my hopes up but... :lovestruc

I'm honestly not sure how credible it is. It was mentioned on another forum/message board site and someone mentioned that rumor on here. I think we will just have to wait and see.

How credible is this possibility of Moana at the party? I am trying not to get my hopes up but... :lovestruc

To date it's still on the "Wheel of Rumor" and it was derived from wishful thinking on twitter. Not even a peep has been mentioned or confirmed by any CM. Is it possible? Sure. When Jack and Sally first debut at WDW MNSSHP Disney announced it on Sept 12, 2013 and the first party was held on Sept 10th. Yep, we were given a two day notice. And for you history buffs the last party date in 2013 was Nov. 1st.

Resource: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...-scary-halloween-party-at-magic-kingdom-park/

CONFIRMED: 20% Discount at Joffery's in WDW - AUGUST ONLY

I sent Joffery's customer service the following message:

I'm so happy to find you at WDW this is true icing on my cake and I cannot wait to try all those yummy drinks this fall! My question is about a text promotion I read, unfortunately the article isn’t dated so I was wondering if it’s still valid. Here’s what it said:

Text the word COFFEE along with your email address to 21333. That’s how you’ll receive your mobile discount for 20% off your purchase, as well as Joffrey’s newsletters where you can read about all the latest coffee and tea happenings (plus discounts) at Joffrey’s.”

Their response:

Thank you for your patience, we are still running the Text Promotion but it expires at the end of this month. I am still waiting for a response on your question on the National Coffee Day and I will email you with the information.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me.

Have a Wonderful Day!!!

Linda C. de Mezzo
Customer Service Manager

***This discount includes Joffery's at EPCOT during the Food & Wine Festival!!!

Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Company – Make a beeline to the piping hot deliciousness served cup by heart-warming cup—from tea and coffee to a variety of icy concoctions.

Beverages:
  • The American Adventure: Frozen Strawberry-Lemon Sunset – Layered frozen Strawberry and Lemon topped with Grey Goose Vodka
  • Canada: Kahlúa-tini Iced Coffee – Our famous roasted coffee, chilled then topped with Kahlúa, Grey Goose Vodka and rich, creamy Half & Half
  • Disney Traders: Passion-rita – Frozen Passion Fruit thrills with juicy sweet flavors, a hint of tartness, blended with 1800 Tequila
  • Future World East: Spiked Chai Latte – Iced, Frozen or Hot Chai Tea Latte with Chai Spices, creamy Vanilla and blended with Baileys Irish Cream
And bagged coffee :D

http://www.chipandco.com/2017-epcot-international-food-wine-festival-menus-released-274918/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter