What if there is a show, what time do you think they should grab a spot? I typically stay out of this area so I really wouldn't know. Thank You!
Last year we grabbed a spot about 9:30 (on a non sold out night) and the garden was pretty full by then. Still spots, but not many. I'd say an hour.

I am loving this thread! We are having to attend the September 1st party if that makes any difference.

This was created for early party goers like you. :woohoo:
It would be in your best interest to read through the thread as it contains a wealth of information to help you plan including printable pdfs for Characters and Trick or Treat locations.
Feel free to post your itinerary.:wizard:

I'm not one for characters at the party (unless we stumble across a short line), although I like to see them in the distance. I really LOVE seeing all the other guests' costumes! That's practically my favorite part of the party!

I've been working on my Tweedle Dee costume, which will be a yellow t-shirt (from the Goodwill's 123 sale, where once a month, all clothes are $1.23), a pair of red shorts (from a different Goodwill), and a short red crinoline over the shorts. I made a headband out of a Day of the Dead flower headband on clearance from Target and attached a rippling (modge podged) flag on top. (I think I may have posted this photo already so I'll refrain.)

The final thing I needed for the costume was Tweedle's distinctive collar, which looks like this:

Tweedle Dee font.jpg

So I got busy last night and cut out the collar pieces, drew the letters on with a pencil, then painted them in with a toothpick. After the letters dried overnight, I sewed the rest of the collar today. It turned out great, and will really pull the costume together!

Tweedle Dee collar.jpg

So I got busy last night and cut out the collar pieces, drew the letters on with a pencil, then painted them in with a toothpick. After the letters dried overnight, I sewed the rest of the collar today. It turned out great, and will really pull the costume together!

View attachment 247823

You really rock! :thumbsup2 Love the work you've been doing and I can't wait to see the final outcome of all your hard work! Please post photos of you and your family! :goodvibes

I'm not one for characters at the party (unless we stumble across a short line), although I like to see them in the distance. I really LOVE seeing all the other guests' costumes! That's practically my favorite part of the party!

I've been working on my Tweedle Dee costume, which will be a yellow t-shirt (from the Goodwill's 123 sale, where once a month, all clothes are $1.23), a pair of red shorts (from a different Goodwill), and a short red crinoline over the shorts. I made a headband out of a Day of the Dead flower headband on clearance from Target and attached a rippling (modge podged) flag on top. (I think I may have posted this photo already so I'll refrain.)

The final thing I needed for the costume was Tweedle's distinctive collar, which looks like this:

View attachment 247822

View attachment 247823
Love your handiwork! Hubby and I will be Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee this year as well. Though I didn't craft a single inch of our costumes! (He's such a good sport!)
IMG_4048.JPG

That's adorable! He IS a good sport!

My outfit is similar, but with a little skirt over the shorts, and my headpiece is a flower headband with the rippling flag. Your collar(s) look great, far better than mine but at least it's close enough so people know who I am! The rest of my party have elaborate Alice costumes, so trying to get mine to look somewhat equivalent.

:teacher: To Bring or Not to Bring

I have always recommended bring your Party Tickets with you and the method in which you paid "Just in Case" and for good reason which can be viewed [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/official-2016-mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party-trick-or-treat-fun.3484819/page-274#post-56452363"]here[/URL] and [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/official-2016-mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party-trick-or-treat-fun.3484819/page-276#post-56456903"]here[/URL].

Are your Park Tickets Safe? Last year Disney provided a party specific entrance for party goers but this does not mean everything will run smoothly, you still should check to see if the right ticket was used as Disney Parks Mom Panelist Lindsey explains; "I've heard from my fellow Moms Panelist that the system will automatically take your party ticket off if you enter after 4 PM, but things can be glitchy so I definitely don't think there is any harm in double checking!"

What can you do? Have your tickets prioritized by Guest Services at any park or at Disney Springs. You can also visit the Lobby Concierge in your Walt Disney World Resort Hotel. You can scan your Party Ticket and not your magic band but always bring your method of payment with you.

Resources: Official MNSSHP 2016
https://disneyparksmomspanel.disney...n-party-year-choose-skip-parks-during-338727/

NEWS

Guests Can Receive Free $25 Gift Card with $100 Shopping Card Purchase at Disney Springs, here's the scoop:

Beginning July 10, guests who purchase a limited-edition $100 Shopping Card for Disney owned and operated merchandise locations at World of Disney (located at Disney Springs) will receive an additional $25 bonus Shopping Card that they can use on a future visit, redeemable beginning the day after they receive it.

Both cards are redeemable at Disney owned and operated merchandise locations at Disney Springs, Earport, and Magic of Disney at Orlando International Airport, and the Shop Disney Parks app.

Guests may use the Shopping Cards at the following Disney Springs locations:

• World of Disney
  • Disney’s Design-A-Tee
  • Disney’s Pin Traders
  • Disney’s Wonderful World of Memories
  • Goofy’s Candy Co.
  • Marketplace Co-Op (Cherry Tree Lane Dresses!!! :D)
  • Marketplace Fun Finds
  • Mickey’s Pantry
  • Once Upon a Toy
  • The Art of Disney
  • Tren-D
  • Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique (Disney Springs location only)
  • The Ganachery
  • D-Living
  • Sundries
  • Disney’s Candy Cauldron
  • Star Wars Galactic Outpost
  • Super Hero Headquarters
  • Disney’s EarPort
  • The Magic of Disney
  • Shop Disney Parks app
NOTE: This special promotion is only available for purchase via World of Disney and may not be used at any Disney Springs Operating Participant locations or other merchandise locations at Walt Disney World Resort. The $25 Bonus Shopping Card expires on October 29, 2017, while the $100 Shopping Card does not expire.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories...100-shopping-card-purchase-at-disney-springs/

Last edited:
NEWS

UberX Now Allowed to Pick Up and Drop Off at Orlando International Airport
With the new law that went into effect today, UberX drivers can now pick travelers up from Orlando International Airport (MCO). UberX will cost about half the price of Mears to get to some major destinations in Central Florida. :thumbsup2

Link:
http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories...nd-drop-off-at-orlando-international-airport/

Also here's the DIS Boards UBER/Lift Thread in case you have questions:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/everthing-you-wanted-to-know-about-uber-lyft-at-wdw.3443634/

UPDATE

For those that have created an Itinerary here you now have easier access to it. On Post #1 under "Itineraries In the Making" I have listed your name and Post #, just click on it to access your Itinerary. Should you make changes and or need advise simply post your question and include your Post #.

Example: "I've adjusted my ride choices and added in a meet & greet, can you take a look? Post 123"

Thank you!

You rock @FoxC63 Thanks for making it so much easier for us to plan!

@lovingeire I see you! How's the planning going?

Hi @FoxC63 :wave: I'm was playing a little catch up on the boards yesterday, but have updated my plan as we have some slight changes now that both BFF and I have bought flights.

Last edited:
My kids made it easy and each picked a character shirt and matching ears for their "costumes." Now, I just have to figure put how to execute the theme I picked. It sounds great in my head, I just have to figure out how to get it on a shirt lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter