MNSSHP 2017 and F&W Q?

WeLoveLilo05

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone,
Not really sure where to post this, if its in the wrong spot forgive me.

I know we still have a few months until they announce MNSSHP dates, but does anyone think that the first one may be scheduled for Fri Sept 1st? We are probably leaving to go home that Sunday, we were able to enjoy the Halloween party last year, we really liked it and hope to do it again this year.

AND we will be able to go to F&W, is it really packed on the first day? We were planning on doing it on Thurs Aug 31st, figuring Fri, Sat would be packed due to Labor Day Weekend. Thoughts? IF they do a preview the day before is it all day, or just the evening or afternoon?
Thanks!

No real way to know for sure. I looked back at opening nights for the past 4 years. In 2013 it opened on the 10th (a Tuesday). In 2014 it opened on the 1st (a Monday). 2015 it opened on the 15th (a Tuesday). Of course you know it opened on the 2nd in 2016 which was Friday, so trying to plan on it being that Friday again this year is risky. We have a trip booke for the weekend of October 20-23 so I pretty confident we will be able to attend either Friday or Sunday. They have been consitent with the Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Sunday rotation over the years once it gets going. Good luck!!

I am in the same situation. I will be leaving on September 3 (Sunday). If WDW offers MNSSHP on Friday and Club Villain on Satuday, I would be over the moon! I am already excited about the F & W starting early on August 31. Lot of pixie dust please ... ...

Same boat here; hoping that the night of MNSSHP is that Friday.

As for F&W the last two years we have gone to F&W the first day has not been bad at all. It's a Thursday so if you wait and go that Friday or Saturday it is packed.

The other option is to do like we do and go to the soft opening the day before, the Wednesday. Same food and drinks and much much lower crowds.

Stacy

Same here. We will be starting a week-long stay on Sept 1st and would LOVE for the party to start our vacation. There is history that gives me hope for Sept. 1st...but just have to wait and see, I guess.

Hmm, I'm not sure when it will start but I fear it will start on like the 7th because I think the weekend before they will be having a marathon, so I think that might be a bit much to have on one weekend.

Hmm, I'm not sure when it will start but I fear it will start on like the 7th because I think the weekend before they will be having a marathon, so I think that might be a bit much to have on one weekend.

Where do you have this marathon information. The only Disney marathon I see scheduled that weekend is in Disneyland.

Where do you have this marathon information. The only Disney marathon I see scheduled that weekend is in Disneyland.
Ooops. Your right. I'm sorry. I was researching marathons and got them confused. I was looking because I was going to DW and my brother is going to DL. I had gotten my marathons confused. Thank you for clearing that up. And honestly I would like for it to start early because I hope to go around the 13th and if its the second or even third week the crowds will be less by then.

Ooops. Your right. I'm sorry. I was researching marathons and got them confused. I was looking because I was going to DW and my brother is going to DL. I had gotten my marathons confused. Thank you for clearing that up. And honestly I would like for it to start early because I hope to go around the 13th and if its the second or even third week the crowds will be less by then.

Those are my all time favorite words.. "You're right"! :)

I'm getting very excited. I went from hoping there would be one party in my trip. Now there might be two.

Those are my all time favorite words.. "You're right"! :)

I'm getting very excited. I went from hoping there would be one party in my trip. Now there might be two.
I'm going with two newbies. I went last year for the first time and it was rained out. I don't mean they canceled it, but it rained for three hours and the only thing I really took for it was one ride on the people mover and a couple bags of candy. I'm hoping for a better experience this time.

If you look at the link Robo posted https://media.disneywebcontent.com/StaticFiles/ParkHours/WDW_TAC_2017Sep.pdf It shows MK closing at 7pm and no fireworks. I would guess that would be a party night.

I would be hesitant to base it off that information just bc I thought year before last the calendar was showing the same thing so everyone assumed they would be party nights. Instead it turned out as more of a reservation for potential private parties and when none were booked they changed the hours to normal and didn't start the parties until mid month. Hope that's not the case as that weekend is a possibility for our trip this Fall-ish.

I would be hesitant to base it off that information just bc I thought year before last the calendar was showing the same thing so everyone assumed they would be party nights. Instead it turned out as more of a reservation for potential private parties and when none were booked they changed the hours to normal and didn't start the parties until mid month. Hope that's not the case as that weekend is a possibility for our trip this Fall-ish.
Yes, that did happen. I really hope there is at least one on 9/1. I am planning our days with Plan A and Plan B and hope I can easily switch ADR's if needed when it is officially announced.

Yes, I was going to say the same thing...especially with those Aug. ones...but on the other hand, it is another way for Disney to make more money, so I could totally see it being true, but right now is just to early to know for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter