MK View

Which resort has the best MK view?

• GF

• CR

• Poly

Results are only viewable after voting.

Lfive

Mouseketeer
Which resort has the best MK view and why?

I would guess CR since it is closer and taller, but I don't have any experience to justify that.

The Contemporary does have the best view because it's the closest Resort to the Magic Kingdom and unlike the Polynesian or Grand Floridian where it can just be a view of Cinderella's Castle, the Contemporary has a view of the whole park. Here are three pictures of the Magic Kingdom View from the Contemporary that I took last August that shows just how close it is.

IMG_0815-1.jpg

IMG_0828-1.jpg

IMG_0901-1.jpg

I feel like the views at Poly and CR are both awesome for different reasons, but I have to give the edge to the Poly. For starters, Poly is directly across from the castle, while CR and GF are at an angle. I really can't explain why I slightly prefer Poly's MK view, but I can definitely show it:

IMG_1321.jpg

Clearly the CR is closer and greatest visual impact due to its proximity to MK and height advantage. PR is distant with views of the castle at near ground level. While I like both for different reasons I would comment I prefer not to look out at roads, buses, parking lots and roof tops ( http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/showphoto.php/photo/2001/sort/1/cat/551/page/6 ), so we prefer the PR if asked. The link below of Wishes is mainly shot from the PR.

We stayed at CR and Poly both with MK view recently.

The CR has the best view into the park, as you can see from the posted photos. No doubt about that. From our balcony with my telephoto lens, I could see right down the bridge into the front of Liberty Square, the castle stage, the WEDway People Mover, and other details in Tormorrowland. We saw a monroail being brought from the "barn" onto the side track and switched into the main track. Every monorail in the MK circle was stopped during this several minutes process, and it was fun to watch.

But with the balcony door open, we also heard lots of bus traffic day and night. At times it was annoying when several were coming and going at the same time with roaring engines and backup beepers. And yes, you do see the CR parking lot, though it's easy just to overlook it while you're entranced with watching the MK.

The Poly has a nice view of the castle, Space Mountain, and the top of Big Thunder Mountain. At Christmas time you can see the top of the holiday tree, too. From the 3rd floor, of course, you'd see a bit more than on the first floor. Though you don't see into the park, there isn't any noise from buses. You would here boat horns from the ferry boat and the small resort boats.

It's been a long while since we stayed at GF. We did have a water view in Big Pine Key. The castle and tops of other attractions were visible, but they seemed fairly far away (as they do from the Poly). From Big Pine Key 5th floor balcony we could see the top of Spaceship Earth at EPCOT too, but only because we knew what to look for.

We're looking forward to CR again sometime in the future, because the view is so intriguing.

I've never stayed at any of those resorts :-(, but I've seen the views from the restaurants and have to vote CR! ;-)

when it opens - BLT - bay lake towers @ cr - will have the best views.

a few (20%) of their rooms will directly face the MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter