MK TPV Rooms and Happily Ever After..

ErinsMommy

She believed she could, so she did
in the past we've stayed and much enjoyed the Wishes fireworks from our CR TPV Room. Now that we'll be further away at the Poly TPV and Happily Ever After is said to have "laser" effects as well as "projection" effects I wonder if these effects will be able to be seen from far away and will make the TPV room not as worthwhile?

Giving this further thought, I'm thinking I jumped the gun and should wait until Happily Ever After starts and get feedback then. :)

Yes, it is hard to even make a guess at this point. Re the TPV room in general, it is really nice to look across the water and see the castle from your balcony. However, the price is so high that I can't justify it anymore. You can see the castle from various places around the property so you don't really need this from your room, IMO.

If cost is not a factor, then the TPV is a magical choice.

Yes, it is hard to even make a guess at this point. Re the TPV room in general, it is really nice to look across the water and see the castle from your balcony. However, the price is so high that I can't justify it anymore. You can see the castle from various places around the property so you don't really need this from your room, IMO.

If cost is not a factor, then the TPV is a magical choice.

We LOVED the CR TPV - always have because of how close the castle is, and coming back to the room at night prior to Wishes, watching it from our room. I'm just hoping to not be disappointed with the new show as that's a big thing for us - and we paid off our package in full already, so cost isn't much a factor anymore just don't want to be disappointed with such a far away view during daylight hours (where you can barely make out the castle) and add to that the lack of a once awesome firework show from the Poly.

We LOVED the CR TPV - always have because of how close the castle is, and coming back to the room at night prior to Wishes, watching it from our room. I'm just hoping to not be disappointed with the new show as that's a big thing for us - and we paid off our package in full already, so cost isn't much a factor anymore just don't want to be disappointed with such a far away view during daylight hours (where you can barely make out the castle) and add to that the lack of a once awesome firework show from the Poly.

We don't have a TPV room at the Poly but we have a CL room and were going to watch from the lounge. I am now going to make it a point to have at least one night where we will watch from the park so we get the full effect. :)

We don't have a TPV room at the Poly but we have a CL room and were going to watch from the lounge. I am now going to make it a point to have at least one night where we will watch from the park so we get the full effect. :)

oh we will undoubtedly too from the park! our plans were to take a couple of snacks from the lounge, bring it back to the room and watch it from there too. Hoping its just not a major disapppointment. I'm going to miss Wishes :(

Yes, we LOVE TPV at the CR. That is the best view in all of WDW, IMO. Watching Wishes from your balcony or bed was priceless! Especially with little ones in their p.j.'s!

The TPV at the Poly is different, but also very magical. Yes, it is more distant, but you have a front and centre view across a beautiful lake. There is no parking lot below. Agreed, we hardly even notice the parking lot because we are gazing at the panoramic view of the MK area, but, if you look down, you do see it. So, it's a bit of a trade off. Both views have a lot to recommend them.

The view is very nice on its own, IMO. The fireworks are a fantastic bonus. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to tell what the future fireworks will look like from the POLY. I will say that the past projections on the castle were lost to me from the distance at the poly.

Yes, we LOVE TPV at the CR. That is the best view in all of WDW, IMO. Watching Wishes from your balcony or bed was priceless! Especially with little ones in their p.j.'s!

The TPV at the Poly is different, but also very magical. Yes, it is more distant, but you have a front and centre view across a beautiful lake. There is no parking lot below. Agreed, we hardly even notice the parking lot because we are gazing at the panoramic view of the MK area, but, if you look down, you do see it. So, it's a bit of a trade off. Both views have a lot to recommend them.

The view is very nice on its own, IMO. The fireworks are a fantastic bonus. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to tell what the future fireworks will look like from the POLY. I will say that the past projections on the castle were lost to me from the distance at the poly.

thank you so much, that's what i was afraid of. *sigh* we'll still enjoy the Poly though as its been on my wishlist for many many years and i finally got DH to agree to a stay there, so looking forward to the pool and overall 'lushness' of the resort :)

thank you so much, that's what i was afraid of. *sigh* we'll still enjoy the Poly though as its been on my wishlist for many many years and i finally got DH to agree to a stay there, so looking forward to the pool and overall 'lushness' of the resort :)

Don't write the view off completely. The fireworks from the Poly are still great to watch. You may not see everything, but they pipe in the music and you do see the fireworks over the castle in the way they should be oriented. It's just different from the CR TPV.

Who knows? you may like it better! Some people do. I think that it is a matter of personal preference. Some people are really thrown off by the parking lot at the CR, but we weren't bothered by it at all.

You really will love the grounds and atmosphere at the Poly. As much as I love staying in a TPV room at the CR, I love staying at the Poly just as much, even in a non TPV room!

Don't worry, it will be an awesome visit at the Poly!

Don't write the view off completely. The fireworks from the Poly are still great to watch. You may not see everything, but they pipe in the music and you do see the fireworks over the castle in the way they should be oriented. It's just different from the CR TPV.

Who knows? you may like it better! Some people do. I think that it is a matter of personal preference. Some people are really thrown off by the parking lot at the CR, but we weren't bothered by it at all.

You really will love the grounds and atmosphere at the Poly. As much as I love staying in a TPV room at the CR, I love staying at the Poly just as much, even in a non TPV room!

Don't worry, it will be an awesome visit at the Poly!

thank you so much! im really looking forward to the trip and our first Poly experience! :)

oh we will undoubtedly too from the park! our plans were to take a couple of snacks from the lounge, bring it back to the room and watch it from there too. Hoping its just not a major disapppointment. I'm going to miss Wishes :(

I hear you. I absolutely adore Wishes. I'm more upset that I didn't realize that the last time I saw Wishes was THE LAST TIME. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter