MK to Disney Springs, late morning?

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Pdollar88, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Pdollar88

Pdollar88 DIS Veteran

For my Jan-Feb solo trip, I am trying to take it easier and doing some half days at parks, so that I can relax and enjoy my resort (French Quarter, first visit) in the morning. This has solidified my plan to visit Kona Cafe on my departure morning, then head to MK until ~11:30.

How should I travel to Disney Springs? Am I correct that the bus doesn't start running from the parks to DS until 4pm? If that's the case, I was thinking I could just walk or Monorail to the Contemporary and grab a bus there.

2. FCDub

FCDub DIS Veteran

Correct. There's no bus service to DS until 4 p.m. Your plan sounds good. Contemporary, then a DS bus.

Pdollar88 likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Debbie Jean

Debbie Jean DIS Veteran

Or take the SSR bus, get off at Congress Park and walk to DS from there.

Pdollar88 likes this.
  5. drwadadli

drwadadli T-I-double "guh"-errrr

Or take a bus back to your resort (POFQ) and take the boat from there to DS.

Pdollar88 likes this.
  6. Pdollar88

Pdollar88 DIS Veteran

I considered that! I figured that would be the most time-consuming option, though.

drwadadli likes this.
  7. drwadadli

drwadadli T-I-double "guh"-errrr

The boat ride from POFQ to DS does take about 15 minutes but it is nice and relaxing.

DoryGirl1963 and Pdollar88 like this.
  8. Pdollar88

Pdollar88 DIS Veteran

I'm definitely taking the boat back to POFQ! I love most of the boat transportation at WDW.

Originally, I had thought I'd have a leisurely morning at the resort, then take the boat over to DS. Since I changed my mind to have two mornings at the resort and half-days at parks, I decided to squeeze in Kona (first time in ages) and a goodbye morning at MK.

drwadadli likes this.