MK to Close Early (4:30p) on NOVEMBER 30, 2017 for Private Event!

So for this cast member appreciation night who is working the event? It kind of sucks for those that have to work an event they are being appreciated for. They should make it two nights
Don't worry- they will have a supply of college program interns :rotfl2:to work it and inspire their loyalty to the mouse.
Actually it's pretty neat they do this because of the lost revenue/added expense.

So for this cast member appreciation night who is working the event? It kind of sucks for those that have to work an event they are being appreciated for. They should make it two nights

It's an event that honors people celebrating a significant anniversary (10 years, 15 years, etc.), so there are plenty of cast members who can work the event. I recall Disney executives would often volunteer to work the events too. I don't know if that's still a thing. It was really neat.

I didn't make it to ten years with the company, but for the people who get to be honored, they really put on a very special, memorable event. Much better than my current employer, which offers the choice of either discontinued luggage, a punch bowl, or a blender.

Thanks to everyone who is understanding as to why the MK will close early on 11/30. My husband just celebrated his 25th anniversary so we will be attending. I celebrated my 30th in 2015, that party was at the Studios with the last Osborne lights just before construction started. It's nice to be appreciated!

thanks for the heads up. That actually works well for us. I had not planned on doing fireworks that night -- instead we have an early dinner at Ohanas...so I guess I'll plan to hit up the park until 4:30 and then head straight to dinner via the monorail.

It's an event that honors people celebrating a significant anniversary (10 years, 15 years, etc.), so there are plenty of cast members who can work the event. I recall Disney executives would often volunteer to work the events too. I don't know if that's still a thing. It was really neat.

I didn't make it to ten years with the company, but for the people who get to be honored, they really put on a very special, memorable event. Much better than my current employer, which offers the choice of either discontinued luggage, a punch bowl, or a blender.
Oh that's really cool and very nice of Disney to do that for their employees. I think at my company you just get a plaque honoring your time there, but that's it.

At first I was a bit upset (only seeing that the park was closing at 4:30 and it was going to be our only MK day) but when I saw why they were closing I was all happy for those being appreciated :)
So we changed things up a bit and are now going to MK twice (cannot have too many MK days right?!?) and making Nov.30 our "quiet" MK day to hit things we may have missed on the first park day...and we have a nice Ohana dinner reservation so we can relax and just not worry about rushing back to the park after :)

Does anyone know if they include fireworks at this event/what time around? We are doing a monorail crawl for lounges and enjoying Christmas decor and I'm wondering if we should try to time out Cali Grill this evening to view fireworks? Thanks!

Does anyone know if they include fireworks at this event/what time around? We are doing a monorail crawl for lounges and enjoying Christmas decor and I'm wondering if we should try to time out Cali Grill this evening to view fireworks? Thanks!

Yes, they have fireworks during the party. The time has not been announced yet. In the past, I think it was either 9 or 10pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter