MK Reservation Cancellation/Switch - July 6, anyone?!?

Miiikey

Earning My Ears
I'm not too sure if I'm allowed to do this, but I have a big problem :(

My family and I are going to Orlando (from Los Angeles) for our new graduate (doctor) in the family. As I was planning the park reservations I was able to do EVERYONE in my family's except mine (7/8 reservations). I reserved everyone's MK park pass on Tuesday, July 6th, and by the time I got to mine, no availability. Its ridiculously unlucky timing. I called and asked if it was possible to add me in the list over capacity since I will be walking with my family and filling the seat next to the odd person out, etc. (essentially making no extra difference in the rooms), but no luck.. as I respect their obedience to the rules.

So, I am desperately asking if anyone is planning on cancelling or switching a day for MK with Epcot or something, as Epcot is available still. I have Epcot reserved for Tuesday, July 6th, and plan to do the park-hopper to walk in at 2pm (as some families might leave early), but I was willing to give it a try here in case by some miracle someone was able to switch.

I've been logging on every morning, afternoon, & night trying to get lucky in case of a cancellation, as I will continue to do.

Thank you all for your time reading this and for the help!!

- Mikey

Keep checking. The calendar does not update in real time, so even though it says that there are no passes available, keep clicking through and trying. Hope you are able to get them!

Thank you everybody, so much!! & okay ill just consider this an advice post instead of a request to switch 😁

Something else you can do if by rare chance you're unable to secure a reservation is to keep looking the actual day and possibly meet your family in the MK later. It appears Disney often releases new reservations in the early afternoon the day-of. If that happens you could try then but hopefully you find something before then.

Am I understanding that you have a ticket without a reservation attached to it right now? If that's the case, I would not rely on the calendar and just try as often as you can to actually try to book a park reservation. The calendar is not updated real-time so I would not wait for availability to be posted there.

Hope these tips help.

Something else you can do if by rare chance you're unable to secure a reservation is to keep looking the actual day and possibly meet your family in the MK later. It appears Disney often releases new reservations in the early afternoon the day-of. If that happens you could try then but hopefully you find something before then.

Am I understanding that you have a ticket without a reservation attached to it right now? If that's the case, I would not rely on the calendar and just try as often as you can to actually try to book a park reservation. The calendar is not updated real-time so I would not wait for availability to be posted there.

Hope these tips help.
I actually kept a reservation in Epcot for that day, so I could try getting a park hopper and go to the park at least at 2pm that day. But still such a bummer I won't be with them due to the capacity limit :/

I actually kept a reservation in Epcot for that day, so I could try getting a park hopper and go to the park at least at 2pm that day. But still such a bummer I won't be with them due to the capacity limit :/
I'd keep trying every day, at least as long as Epcot is showing available. Drop your reservation, try for MK, then pick Epcot back up if unsuccessful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!