MK plan for 11/5 when MK closes at 4:30 pm

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by mi*vida*loca, Jul 11, 2018.

1. mi*vida*loca

mi*vida*loca Collect memories, not things

On 11/5 MK closes at 4:30 pm for a CM event. I've heard that the MK sees extremely low crowds on days like this so we decided to take advantage and hit the MK this day.

We usually hit a park in the AM, leave midday for pool time and then a PM park. I'm thinking of hitting MK at RD, doing a lunch ADR (have Plaza booked for 11 but thinking of doing LTT at 12 but that's a whole new thread) and staying until it closes at 4:30 and then hopping over to DHS with our FP+.

Does this sound like a good plan? For those that have done been in MK on a day like this do the crowds get heavier midday or does it stay pretty light and get lighter the closer 4:30 pm approaches?

This is the main reason I'm thinking of staying through closing....to take advantage of the lower crowds.

2. VTNuke

VTNuke Mouseketeer

We did this day at MK last year. The biggest problem we say was they didn't let you get any fast passes this day. We ended up doing everything we wanted without having to worry about FP's, and then did dinner at one of the Epcot resorts and set FP's at Epcot for that evening after dinner. That worked well for us.

The crowds do start to pick up around 2 or so, but it's still a very light day. One of the lightest we've seen.

mi*vida*loca likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. mi*vida*loca

We plan to get our FP at DHS in the evening so no need for FP at MK. The light crowds sound great!

5. juxtapose

juxtapose Mouseketeer

We did that day 2 years ago. Really really low crowds until noon. Then low crowds until 2 or so. We left around then (young kids) but it seemed more people were coming in then.

We went at rope drop and walk onto rides for 2-3 hours.

mi*vida*loca likes this.
  6. mi*vida*loca

I think we will do our lunch ADR and then leave if we want. If not we can stay until closing.

7. sharonabe

sharonabe DIS Veteran

Maybe do an even later ADR around 1:00-1:30 and leave after.

8. disneydreamer1980

disneydreamer1980 DIS Veteran

MK closed at 4 on 11/30 for a CM party. It was the least crowded I’d seen the park in years! We RD (always do) and hopped to Epcot at 4. Was the best day of our trip!

MommaBerd and mi*vida*loca like this.
  9. MommaBerd

MommaBerd DIS Veteran

Honestly, I wouldn’t (and didn’t) do an ADR. The crowd level is SO low, why not take advantage of the entire time? It really was the best. day. ever! Even better than DAH!

mi*vida*loca likes this.
  10. mi*vida*loca

I actually think we’re gonna skip the ADR and play it by ear. We’re only doing 3 other ADRs on our 9 night trip so I’m fine with canceling.