Do they do the dessert party for halloween as well? I’m considering if it’s worth booking it for MNSSHP if they do it when we go.

Yes, last year they had both the Plaza Garden and Terrace dessert party during MNSSHP. Currently, dessert party dates are not available for booking on MNSSHP nights this year. I “assume” they will be added at some point, but no one knows for sure. These also had a delayed loading last year.

FWIW, I did a dessert party on a MNSSHP night last year. While I’m a big fan of the dessert parties, I didn’t think it was a good use of time at MNSSHP - I probably wouldn’t do it again. Happy to elaborate if needed.

What happens in heavy rain / thunderstorms?
I assume the food portion is fine but will the show still go on?
I think it is a 5 day cancel and next week is all rain, 100 to a low of 80 % on the night of our dessert party.

HEA is very rarely flat out cancelled - extremely rare / .001% chance of happening. A bad thunderstorm/rain/winds will usually result in a delay - but they’ll eventually do the show at some point.

We experienced a delayed fireworks show during a dessert party last fall. Having the Tomorrowland Terrace area to provide shelter while it passed was wonderful!

As the delay went on there was a bit of confusion as to just when the fireworks would eventually run - CMs don’t know and are depending on whatever park announcements are made to the public. But we just camped out in the table area and eventually they made the “in just 5 minutes” announcement so we then migrated over to the garden. A lot of people had bailed because it was a pretty lengthy delay by that point.

Obviously not ideal conditions, but things happen.

Hope it ends up working out for you. Have a great trip.

One thing about the 3rd and 4th parties is the start time is different. My reservations are for 8:15 instead of the usual 7:45. So I guess the actual show is a half hour later than HEA is. Or I might be remembering the 745 time wrong.

Yes, last year they had both the Plaza Garden and Terrace dessert party during MNSSHP. Currently, dessert party dates are not available for booking on MNSSHP nights this year. I “assume” they will be added at some point, but no one knows for sure. These also had a delayed loading last year.

FWIW, I did a dessert party on a MNSSHP night last year. While I’m a big fan of the dessert parties, I didn’t think it was a good use of time at MNSSHP - I probably wouldn’t do it again. Happy to elaborate if needed.

Was there much difference on the MNSSHP one? Like did they do halloween themed desserts instead? We've done MNSSHP before, so we're not really bothered about meeting any characters or doing rides. Maybe we'll do Haunted Mansion as it's one of our favourites and it fits with the Halloween theme, but that'll probably be it. We'll focus more on doing the trick or treating and the entertainment I think, so we're not really worried about loosing time doing it. As long as we get to see the Fireworks and the parade, that's what's most important for us.

Was there much difference on the MNSSHP one? Like did they do halloween themed desserts instead? We've done MNSSHP before, so we're not really bothered about meeting any characters or doing rides. Maybe we'll do Haunted Mansion as it's one of our favourites and it fits with the Halloween theme, but that'll probably be it. We'll focus more on doing the trick or treating and the entertainment I think, so we're not really worried about loosing time doing it. As long as we get to see the Fireworks and the parade, that's what's most important for us.
Yes! Here are some that we had in 2016.

VIsn0te.png

Thanks to everyone for the notification of the July 3rd party! I was able to snag the terrace view for my party of 8. I had already been talking to my group about watching from the Poly, so now we have a split group on watching from the terrace or the Poly beach. DH is worried that with a large party, we won’t have a table right at the railing and therefore won’t be worth the money since we won’t have a front row view. I know this has been discussed already, but is the view great from the second or third deep tables? If not, we’ll probably cancel and stick with the Poly beach. GaDisneyDad14 shared some amazing photos from the Poly last year so I know that’s a great view!

Assuming you are from Ohio we are too and will be at the terrace on July 3 too! We are just a mom/daughter party of two. As for view if not already answered you can take two tables for 4 in front I’m sure. I also believe they only have a few tables not in front and they are just in second row so all views should be fine. Hope to see you there!

Did you consider the Garden Plaza instead of the Terrace? Then your party can definitely sit together in the (fake) lawn and if there are kids in the group there’s room to move around. The view is fantastic!

It's worth having the discussion about it. Having done both, we definitely preferred the view from the Plaza Garden. We stood at the back (after reading this thread early on) and the view was fantastic.

Assuming you are from Ohio we are too and will be at the terrace on July 3 too! We are just a mom/daughter party of two. As for view if not already answered you can take two tables for 4 in front I’m sure. I also believe they only have a few tables not in front and they are just in second row so all views should be fine. Hope to see you there!

It's worth having the discussion about it. Having done both, we definitely preferred the view from the Plaza Garden. We stood at the back (after reading this thread early on) and the view was fantastic.

Thanks for everyone’s feedback! We decided to cancel the terrace and book the plaza garden. Looking forward to the special fireworks!

Thank you for your thread. I made reservations for the fireworks dessert party at the Tomorrowland Terrace for July 3, 2018 for the July 4th fireworks. This will be my first time sitting at the terrace. A long time ago when they used to have FP+ for the garden , I would try the garden for the fireworks. A lot of people stood up right in front of me. This time I thought that I would try the terrace so that won't happen and it should be less crowded. I bring my own mobility scooter and it is difficult to move around in a crowdThank you again for posting the info.
Ray

If HEA begins at 9:15, what time would you go to the Terrace for desserts if you are doing the Garden viewing party?!

If HEA begins at 9:15, what time would you go to the Terrace for desserts if you are doing the Garden viewing party?!
I would love to know this as well. Our 9:15 HEA has a 7:45 check in. Hoping we can get there a little later- would love to enjoy some goodies and not be stressed but do not need a ton of extra time to rest - my girls will fell like they are missing out on rides! Any advice is appreciated.

I'm trying desperately to get this for my family on Saturday, May 26th. Are cancellations of this a common thing, or is it a golden ticket that people tend to hang on to? Needless to say, I'm going to keep checking and stay positive. :)

I'm trying desperately to get this for my family on Saturday, May 26th. Are cancellations of this a common thing, or is it a golden ticket that people tend to hang on to? Needless to say, I'm going to keep checking and stay positive. :)

Saturday of a holiday weekend. Tough one.

There is a 5 day cancellation policy, so keep checking. If you’re talking about the Plaza Garden version, that one has a pretty high head count... which equals a larger pool of people that can potentially change plans at any given moment.

Good luck!

I just booked one of our August days for the garden view a couple days ago. Now I just see an article that another option for garden view with snacks after is going to be available. I’m a little worried that garden view is going to get crowded...

Some breaking info about a format and offering change:

New 'After Fireworks Dessert Party' debuts May 28

Because of the popularity of the Fireworks Dessert Party at Magic Kingdom Park, we are expanding the experience starting May 28 so more Guests will be able to enjoy it. During the After Fireworks Dessert Party, Guests will delight in prime fireworks views from the Plaza Garden, followed by a delectable dessert party at Tomorrowland Terrace once the show has concluded.

An enhanced menu will also debut May 28 at all Magic Kingdom dessert parties, which includes additional savory snacks such as spinach dip and house-made mini eggrolls, as well as the popular Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake from Liberty Tree Tavern.

WDWInfo Link: http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories...ch-after-fireworks-dessert-party-on-may-28th/

Obviously this is lacking a lot of important specifics. Good to see increased offerings in light of the recent price increase. Not sure what’s up the with “after fireworks” part. Anyway... will post more as more info becomes available.

Last edited:
Some breaking info about a format and offering change:

New 'After Fireworks Dessert Party' debuts May 28

Because of the popularity of the Fireworks Dessert Party at Magic Kingdom Park, we are expanding the experience starting May 28 so more Guests will be able to enjoy it. During the After Fireworks Dessert Party, Guests will delight in prime fireworks views from the Plaza Garden, followed by a delectable dessert party at Tomorrowland Terrace once the show has concluded.

An enhanced menu will also debut May 28 at all Magic Kingdom dessert parties, which includes additional savory snacks such as spinach dip and house-made mini eggrolls, as well as the popular Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake from Liberty Tree Tavern.

Obviously this is lacking a lot of important specifics. Good to see increased offerings in light of the recent price increase. Not sure what’s up the with “after fireworks” part. Anyway... will post more as more info becomes available.

That's weird. Maybe they're going to break the desert part into shifts -- one pre show, one post show.

It would stink to get run after the fireworks, though I imagine most people are ready to move on. Awful late in the game to have as few details as they do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter